Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 6:25 am

goldfish21 wrote:
One more reason to keep the mortgage principal is that it seems Jane tries to get him to pay it down as fast as possible.. possibly because she's plotting to have him pay off the house and then claim she owns 80% of it because she put a larger portion of the down payment down, and then kick his ass out with a 20% buyout & take the house. Wouldn't surprise me from the sneaky manipulative bs Retro has shared about her.

Most of the time it's me who wants to get it lower. That's why in the past when I had extra money I put it in the mortgage. Jane often says she wants me to have a savings accout and I resist because I'd rather put it in the mortgage.

That doesn't mean she isn't planning to get me to pay more of it off so she can take 80%. I think she'll have more leverage while the baby is young (I heard there's some Australian law that gives a more favourable outcome to the primary caregiver when the child is under 2 years of age) so I went let her pressure me into dumping her while the baby is under 2 (and as I said before, Jane wants me to be the one to initiate separation. I won't let her make me do that).

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 6:35 am

goldfish21 wrote:
If I were Retro I'd be talking to a lawyer myself.
Probably but I just worry that lawyers always tell their clients what they want to hear. We could both have lawyers promising us the moon and claiming the other party doesn't have a leg to stand on.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 9:22 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
If I were Retro I'd be talking to a lawyer myself.
Probably but I just worry that lawyers always tell their clients what they want to hear. We could both have lawyers promising us the moon and claiming the other party doesn't have a leg to stand on.

Get a second and third opinion via free consults. Tell them what the first lawyer said - ask them if they can expound on that and explain next steps and what's likely to occur in court should those things arise and how they'd deal with it. They may give you conflicting info to the first lawyer, or, say that's absolutely correct and this is what the fallout would be and how to deal with it.

cbd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2021, 1:25 pm

:roll:

kraftiekortie wrote:
She wants you to RIDE THE BUS while she drives?

This lady is a real piece of work…

absolutely ..

too much writing op for me to read your whole scenario .. but this alone is disgrace .

how would she feel if you said the same . i bet world war 3 .

so she wants you her fella who have multiple businesses and a house together to catch a friggin bus while she lives it up in a wasted £40,000 piece of crap .

tell that lady to lease her car and stop being an selfish idiot . like you said ,you need your £35,000 to stretch . as a couple it's a smarter move to jold out and invest and hold the money for now 8)

all respect due . but that example alone is all i need to know