Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 11:29 am

Which section should these go? Could we have a section for them if there is not one? Maybe include them in the heading of another section if it is awkward to make them a section of their own?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 11:54 am

It would be nice to have a separate subforum for special interests, but they'd probably be full of Star Trek and Pokémon and trains, instead of Amy Winehouse and shopping and humour and gossip. :lol:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 12:28 pm

Joe90 wrote:
It would be nice to have a separate subforum for special interests, but they'd probably be full of Star Trek and Pokémon and trains, instead of Amy Winehouse and shopping and humour and gossip. :lol:

Special interests = trains.

Hobbies = trains.

:D

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

16 Jul 2021, 4:55 pm

I suggest Random Discussion or Art, Writing and Music.
You could include "HOBBY:" or "INTEREST:" before the topic title, if the title doesn't already make it clear.

Posting to either of those forums would provide the same posting ability as a forum dedicated to either/both, and Alex's reluctance to make changes to the forum structure has been mentioned several times in this forum - so a dedicated forum is unlikely to happen.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 4:59 pm

It gives me an idea.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 12:05 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Special interests = trains.

Hobbies = trains.
If this includes the history of train/railroad-related technology, you could probably post about this in the Computers, Math, Science, and Technology section. On the other hand, I would guess that stuff about train schedules and scenic train routes would belong in Random Discussion.