Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

slimsnady12
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

16 Jul 2021, 4:58 pm

I can get along with some NTs very well depending on the personality, character of the person but I have problems with getting along with autistic people. There was even an event that I was rejected by autistic people group. Does this fact testifies that I might not be in autism spectrum?

jbmajord
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jul 2021, 5:06 pm

I get it. I am prone to tell anyone to go fuq themselves just because.
If you are on the spectrum, nothing can really change that as you are born with it.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 6:52 pm

slimsnady12 wrote:
I can get along with some NTs very well depending on the personality, character of the person but I have problems with getting along with autistic people.

How many autistic people have you known, vs. how many NT's have you known?

slimsnady12 wrote:
There was even an event that I was rejected by autistic people group.

Were you told the reason why?

What other specific kinds of difficulties have you had getting along with other autistic people?

slimsnady12 wrote:
Does this fact testifies that I might not be in autism spectrum?

Not necessarily. Perhaps it just means you need to learn what I call autistic-friendly social skills?

Unless you tell us more about your specific difficulties, we have no basis for knowing what they might mean, if anything.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:45 am

I suppose one possible big problem with Aspies getting along with each other is the difficulty we typically have in taking an interest in anything we're not naturally interested in - so if 2 Aspies had no particular overlap of interests, they might not be able to bend their attention enough to enjoy each other's company. Though frankly I've not noticed NTs being particularly flexible towards the things I'm interested in either.

Did that Aspie group tell you why they rejected you?

differentpage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Jul 2021, 2:41 pm

Hmm.. I have a son diagnosed with Asperger's, and I suppose I'm borderline, and sometimes I have problems with him. He has less of an ability to pick up on what's going on with other people and gets frustrated by the things they do. If there's a lack of understanding on both sides, I think it will often cause trouble.

Maybe online works better; it certainly seems to work here. More time to think? The other person's words being in black and white so you can refer to them? Just less tension from not being face to face?

As for rejection, well, you and I may be unknowingly wearing the same sign on our backs. I don't know what it says; it's on my back. :) In other words, I get rejected too, and am often surprised and don't know why. I've heard that most people get rejected sometimes.

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 2:27 am

The answer to your question is "no."

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 4:22 am

slimsnady12 wrote:
I can get along with some NTs very well depending on the personality, character of the person but I have problems with getting along with autistic people.

You know that's an interesting question!, are there lots of autistic people who's bestie is another person on the spectrum? just curious