Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2021, 10:23 pm

Unseen Unheard wrote:
He said a lady came in to buy smokes and they asked to see her ID. She pulled out a NSW drivers licence and she wasn't wearing a mask. Seems to me that not many people are obeying the lockdown anyway.

I have been able to get my first shot. I got the AZ the day before they said it was no longer recommended for under 60's.

My wife got the AZ and I'm getting Pfizer.

NSW number plates quite frequently seen, a lot of them are likely holidaying/working in Victoria.

differentpage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

16 Jul 2021, 10:26 pm

It's been a good thing for me. There's no lockdown here, but there were restrictions in the past. Because of that and because of having an "excuse" for staying out of social situations even outside of actual lockdown, I've been able to learn how happy I can be alone. I was afraid to indulge my desire for a reclusive life before, because it's supposed to make you so unhappy. Didn't happen to me. I'm fine with short conversations with acquaintances I run into when I'm out walking or working in my yard, plus chance encounters with interesting strangers while out shopping or whatever.

Did you see the study that showed that highly intelligent people are happier the less time they spend with people, or at least friends? I can look that up and post details and/or a link if anyone is interested.

I'm still wearing a mask too, and may just keep on for a long time. A very long time. I hate to get even a cold.

Unseen Unheard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2021, 10:31 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
They allow people to shop without masks? Here we aren't allowed anywhere without them, and most places are still closed.

At one point police were stopping cars to see where people were going. People were even charged for having a passenger in the front seat (not 2m away from them). Families were charged for going on a drive with their kids, to get out of the house - even if they didn't stop or go anywhere restricted.

We don't allow people to shop without masks, but some still do anyway. Last lockdown we had police checking cars as they went though town. My own next door neighbour got pulled over by the police to check where he lived. But people are just breaking the rules. They want lockdown to end up won't do what it takes for that to happen.

Unseen Unheard
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 Jul 2021, 10:40 pm

differentpage wrote:
Did you see the study that showed that highly intelligent people are happier the less time they spend with people, or at least friends? I can look that up and post details and/or a link if anyone is interested.

I'm still wearing a mask too, and may just keep on for a long time. A very long time. I hate to get even a cold.

I have seen that study before and is most definitely true for me. I spend most of my day working at home by myself and don't really have what I would call a friend at all. Several acquaintances, but that's more than enough for me. And I'm the smartest person I know :D :wink:

Redpaws
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jul 2021, 6:13 am

Unseen Unheard wrote:
Here in Victoria, Australia we are back in Covid lockdown. Personally I find it a wonderful relief. I absolutely LOVE lockdown. It takes all the pressure off me. It feels so freeing and relaxing. I know that no-one can come visit me (not that anyone really does). I don't have to come up with excuses not to go to social events. Not even allowed to go to the big shopping centres and since my hubby works at our local grocery store, I don't really have to leave home at all. I love it.

It's just that I feel like all the frustration and anger and anxiety that NT's and most people feel during lockdown, is how I feel all the rest of the time, outside of lockdown. Lockdown is the only time I can truly relax and just feel safe.

Is it just me???? Am I the only one who feels this way???

It's not just you. I feel the exact same way. If it hadn't been for the virus, it'd be perfect!

No terror, no war. No sympathy for terrorists or their supporters and sympathizers

green0star
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:21 am

Heh now everyone can live the way I live for I don't know a year and a half now ... ??? Except where I am the brain dead morons actually think it's fake so I'm probably the only one along with my parents who's actually "locking down".

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 12:02 pm

Completely ignoring the Pandemic and just looking at living a lock-down lifestyle...I'm a natural recluse. Prior to the lock-down a substantial portion of my interpersonal interaction was people behind a cash register asking me if I wanted a "beverage with that." I'm pretty comfy with the lock-down lifestyle, but I'd rather not have a deadly virus hanging over my head.

Besides the disease trying to kill us all thing, the Pandemic also interferes with practical aspects of life. The cumulative effect of that keeps growing. I would like to return to isolation-by-choice rather than isolation-by-necessity.

My vantage-point on the arrival of the Pandemic is a little odd. On February 24, 2020 I was admitted to the hospital for surgery. When I was discharged on March 3 there was about a month of home-confinement to recover. And when I was finally free to go back into the World, the World was GONE!

Biscuitman
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 2:42 pm

Yep, for guilty for saying it as others are going through something so awful, but from an personal point of view I have loved it. I am an introvert and like being on my own, so I immediately started WFH. Going for way more long walks, I dont have to deal with the work commute which at times was stressful, I have even changed my job to a full time remote so I am never going back to the office