66% of southern republicans want to Secede from the US

Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:49 am

Two-thirds of Southern Republicans say they support breaking away from the U.S. and forming their own country with nearby states, while nearly half of Democrats on the West Coast would do the same.

A 66 percent majority of Republicans in 13 Southern states including Texas and Florida are in favor of seceding from the union, according to a poll released Wednesday by Bright Line Watch.
https://www.newsweek.com/47-west-coast- ... us-1609875

Well it looks like the "part of Abraham Lincoln" wants to fly confederate flags and bring back Jim Crow. Always figured the supposed patriotism from the right was fake. This confirms it.

The democrat pacific states wanting to secede is understandable in the California and Hawaii are the only culturally progressive states in the US not dominated by the white christian right. If I was Californian I'd want to have nothing to do with the redneck states.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:55 am

I'm in the West Coast and I'd be fine with my region becoming our own country, if that was viable... I already want to move out of the U.S. anyways. lol

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:56 am

Well we know what happened last time part of the country tried to secede...

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 2:01 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Well we know what happened last time part of the country tried to secede...

So do they

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 5:53 am

Yes. Its is ironic that the party of Lincoln, who preserved the Union, is now the party of White Southerners who yearn to secede.

Little Belgium is divided into two autonomous regions. The Flemish speaking north, and French speaking south. They have seperate laws, and seperate education systems. But one military, and one foreign policy.

So maybe the US could adopt something like that. Have regions larger than just states be granted a certain autonomy. California be one region, the south another, Texas another. But still function as a single whole.

Aspiegaming
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 9:14 am

I say let 'em. They're beyond saving.

If my darkness or eccentricness offends you, I don't really care.

I will not apologize for being me.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 9:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
The democrat pacific states wanting to secede is understandable in the California and Hawaii are the only culturally progressive states in the US not dominated by the white christian right. If I was Californian I'd want to have nothing to do with the redneck states.

No, there are plenty of other states (such as New York, New Jersey, and the New England states) that aren't dominated by the white Christian right.

Furthermore, the cultural divide really is, primarily, a rural vs. urban thing, rather than a regional thing. The Democratic-dominated states are, for the most part, states in which the majority of the population lives in large cities or nearby suburbs thereof. The Republican-dominated states are states in which that's not the case. But, within almost every state, there are some culturally left-wing areas and some culturally right-wing areas.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:01 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

No, there are plenty of other states (such as New York, New Jersey, and the New England states) that aren't dominated by the white Christian right.

Furthermore, the cultural divide really is, primarily, a rural vs. urban thing, rather than a regional thing. The Democratic-dominated states are, for the most part, states in which the majority of the population lives in large cities or nearby suburbs thereof. The Republican-dominated states are states in which that's not the case. But, within almost every state, there are some culturally left-wing areas and some culturally right-wing areas.

Be careful: You're poking holes in his belief that the "left" can never be wrong, and the "right" can only ever be wrong...

Sokoro
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Jul 2021, 10:08 am

Be careful! That is what China and Russia want, to divide you, so that they can steal your land and put death-camps on it, for those who disagree with them.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:17 am

They talk about it but it won’t happen.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 1:06 pm

It's not surprising that this chunk of GOP supporters want a second Civil War to happen.

I have an aunt & uncle who live in TN, so I may try to give them a call to ask for their opinions.

Both have been fully vaccinated, but their kids have refused to get their shots.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 9:51 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Be careful: You're poking holes in his belief that the "left" can never be wrong, and the "right" can only ever be wrong...

How does what I said have anything do do with who is wrong or right?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:38 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I'm in the West Coast and I'd be fine with my region becoming our own country, if that was viable... I already want to move out of the U.S. anyways. lol

My family and I sometimes feel this way too. :lol:

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:45 pm

Secession isn’t the answer. I wouldn’t exactly miss Hawaii, California, or New York if they seceded, but it isn’t the way to go. I think the Constitution should be revised to simply protect individual rights and freedoms and not grant special protection to anyone for any reason. You want abortion, prostitution, drugs, open borders, and the right to do what you want in the privacy of your own bedroom? You got it as long as I’m not obligated to bake just anybody a cake and I can keep my guns for personal protection and go to church.

If I can’t have that, then I favor an underground movement that removes Christian Evangelicals, corporate CEO’s, independent intellectuals, high achievers, and anyone who desires to work hard and trade in value from public life. The US government cannot tax CEO’s who don’t work and earn money. Without good ideas on how to improve our quality of life, society will decay. Christians have always formed the moral backbone of America without which we wouldn’t have justice. So take the best and the brightest, disappear, and wait until there’s no United States left. Then you can restore the US to what it was intended to be.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:46 pm

Misslizard wrote:
They talk about it but it won’t happen.

The purpose of the post was to illustrate what is inside the heads of southern republicans and the impact of the Trump era on reinforcing existing beliefs lurking just below the surface. I agree they don't have the strength to pull of secession but the desire is clearly there and this supports/validates the media proposition that Trump caused America to fracture into seperate polar opposites.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2021, 10:50 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:

Yes but the data shows these states don't want the breaking up of the US.

I am interested why democrat west coasters (specifically the progressives in San fransisco, LA and Hawaii) are open to seceding?

My guess is that they feel their values are incompatible with the conservative mid-west and sourthern states which are stuck in a mindset from the 1950s. Frankly I don't blame them,