Hate the doom and gloom still going around

Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

chris1989
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 2 Aug 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 413
Location: Kent, UK

17 Jul 2021, 11:40 am

I don't like it when people still present doom and gloom a year into this crisis and we now have vaccines which people thought last year would take 12 to 18 months to get. Its great and I'm glad that right now billions of doses have been administered and so on but some people are making out as though we still have no vaccine and present doomsday scenarios for the future and it does upset me. I keep feeling like as though the rising and falling cycle is just going to keep repeating itself regardless of vaccines. Its even given me this stupid idea in one part of my head that vaccines are not working when a part of me knows they are but not all 100%.



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,796
Location: South-East England

17 Jul 2021, 7:34 pm

chris1989 wrote:
I don't like it when people still present doom and gloom a year into this crisis and we now have vaccines which people thought last year would take 12 to 18 months to get. Its great and I'm glad that right now billions of doses have been administered and so on but some people are making out as though we still have no vaccine and present doomsday scenarios for the future and it does upset me. I keep feeling like as though the rising and falling cycle is just going to keep repeating itself regardless of vaccines. Its even given me this stupid idea in one part of my head that vaccines are not working when a part of me knows they are but not all 100%.


I know exactly how you feel. It is reasonable to enforce lockdowns and social distancing laws during the early days of the pandemic, because back then it was a new virus and we didn't have vaccines or much knowledge about the virus. But now, a year and a half later, we have more knowledge, we have vaccines that appear to be working, and the virus is no longer a new virus. I know there are new strains but that happens to all viruses and so we've just got to learn to live with them especially when we have vaccines. Now the economy needs to get going again, as it is our future. We can't stay hidden away from a virus that 0.1% of people die from (even less than that now since we have vaccines). Vaccines or not, there will always be some deaths and some hospitalisations, but I think that a healthy 30-year-old has more chance of getting cancer than they have of getting ill/dying from COVID after being vaccinated. 1 in 2 people get cancer in their lifetimes, and I don't like those odds.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


chris1989
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 2 Aug 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 413
Location: Kent, UK

22 Jul 2021, 6:04 am

Joe90 wrote:
chris1989 wrote:
I don't like it when people still present doom and gloom a year into this crisis and we now have vaccines which people thought last year would take 12 to 18 months to get. Its great and I'm glad that right now billions of doses have been administered and so on but some people are making out as though we still have no vaccine and present doomsday scenarios for the future and it does upset me. I keep feeling like as though the rising and falling cycle is just going to keep repeating itself regardless of vaccines. Its even given me this stupid idea in one part of my head that vaccines are not working when a part of me knows they are but not all 100%.


I know exactly how you feel. It is reasonable to enforce lockdowns and social distancing laws during the early days of the pandemic, because back then it was a new virus and we didn't have vaccines or much knowledge about the virus. But now, a year and a half later, we have more knowledge, we have vaccines that appear to be working, and the virus is no longer a new virus. I know there are new strains but that happens to all viruses and so we've just got to learn to live with them especially when we have vaccines. Now the economy needs to get going again, as it is our future. We can't stay hidden away from a virus that 0.1% of people die from (even less than that now since we have vaccines). Vaccines or not, there will always be some deaths and some hospitalisations, but I think that a healthy 30-year-old has more chance of getting cancer than they have of getting ill/dying from COVID after being vaccinated. 1 in 2 people get cancer in their lifetimes, and I don't like those odds.


I heard of about a guy who was 67 and he died from Covid complications despite having had two vaccine doses.



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,271

22 Jul 2021, 6:55 am

I know personally of two people who now have life changing health conditions after having had the vaccines and one person my Mother knows who died (Confirmed it was the vaccine) after he had it, along with a few others who were in intensive care after having had bad reactions so I can't say that the vaccines are 100% safe, though neither is catching covid!

One thing I will say is that having a vaccine may protect the vaccinated but it does not prevent the vaccinated from spreading the virus. Those who are vaccinated and ignore social distancing are completely selfish as some of us like me can't take the vaccine.



chris1989
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 2 Aug 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 413
Location: Kent, UK

22 Jul 2021, 8:22 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I know personally of two people who now have life changing health conditions after having had the vaccines and one person my Mother knows who died (Confirmed it was the vaccine) after he had it, along with a few others who were in intensive care after having had bad reactions so I can't say that the vaccines are 100% safe, though neither is catching covid!

One thing I will say is that having a vaccine may protect the vaccinated but it does not prevent the vaccinated from spreading the virus. Those who are vaccinated and ignore social distancing are completely selfish as some of us like me can't take the vaccine.


How come you can't take the vaccine may I ask ?



Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,271

22 Jul 2021, 8:28 am

I will PM you I think if that is ok.



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,796
Location: South-East England

22 Jul 2021, 11:54 am

So if people are still getting hospitalised and dying even when fully vaccinated then why are we even having the vaccinations?

Quote:
person my Mother knows who died (Confirmed it was the vaccine) after he had it


Also I wish I hadn't read that someone has died from the vaccine just a few days before I'm due to have mine. What if I drop dead after having the vaccine? Now I'm really scared.

So this person was forced into having the vaccination and now he's dead because of it? And they wonder why so many people are reluctant to have the vaccine and then shame those people.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,644
Location: Stendec

22 Jul 2021, 12:04 pm

Joe90 wrote:
So if people are still getting hospitalised and dying even when fully vaccinated then why are we even having the vaccinations? [...]
Joe, the majority of those who are dying from COVID-19 have NOT received the vaccine (~96%), while a very small minority of people died after receiving the vaccine (~0.0018%).  If you have survived a flu vaccine, you will survive the COVID-19 vaccine.

Also:

• A claim that 45,000 people died from COVID-19 vaccines came from a woman who did not reveal her method for calculating the figure and who has not been publicly identified (e.g., "Jane Doe").

• The figure she calculated drew on data from the government’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which contains reports that can be submitted by anyone and are not verified.

• The claim was part of a lawsuit on behalf of America’s Frontline Doctors, whose members have a history of making unproven and conspiratorial medical claims.

• America's Frontline Doctors is an American right-wing political organization known for spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic.  Founded by Simone Gold and promoted by the Tea Party Patriots, it has opposed lockdowns and social distancing mandates during the COVID-19 pandemic by citing alleged and unapproved treatments for COVID-19.

• In January 2021, Gold and the group's communications director John Strand were both arrested in connection with the 2021 coup attempt at the United States Capitol.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,796
Location: South-East England

22 Jul 2021, 12:52 pm

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
So if people are still getting hospitalised and dying even when fully vaccinated then why are we even having the vaccinations? [...]
Joe, the majority of those who are dying from COVID-19 have NOT received the vaccine (~96%), while a very small minority of people died after receiving the vaccine (~0.0018%).  If you have survived a flu vaccine, you will survive the COVID-19 vaccine.

Also:

• A claim that 45,000 people died from COVID-19 vaccines came from a woman who did not reveal her method for calculating the figure and who has not been publicly identified (e.g., "Jane Doe").

• The figure she calculated drew on data from the government’s Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), which contains reports that can be submitted by anyone and are not verified.

• The claim was part of a lawsuit on behalf of America’s Frontline Doctors, whose members have a history of making unproven and conspiratorial medical claims.

• America's Frontline Doctors is an American right-wing political organization known for spreading misinformation about the COVID-19 pandemic.  Founded by Simone Gold and promoted by the Tea Party Patriots, it has opposed lockdowns and social distancing mandates during the COVID-19 pandemic by citing alleged and unapproved treatments for COVID-19.

• In January 2021, Gold and the group's communications director John Strand were both arrested in connection with the 2021 coup attempt at the United States Capitol.


That's all right then. My first vaccine is in 5 days.

However, I've never had a flu jab before.


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,271

22 Jul 2021, 1:22 pm

Joe90 wrote:
So if people are still getting hospitalised and dying even when fully vaccinated then why are we even having the vaccinations?

Quote:
person my Mother knows who died (Confirmed it was the vaccine) after he had it


Also I wish I hadn't read that someone has died from the vaccine just a few days before I'm due to have mine. What if I drop dead after having the vaccine? Now I'm really scared.

So this person was forced into having the vaccination and now he's dead because of it? And they wonder why so many people are reluctant to have the vaccine and then shame those people.


In his case he did not have covid. He died because he should not have had the vaccine as his health conditions meant his immune system was not up to coping with the vaccine and the ones giving the vaccine ignored this even though they both had asked if it was ok and explained the situation, so his widowed wife was left with a death that they recorded as covid had killed him. She was really upset with this and had to use her influence in high places to get it looked into and after his body was officially checked the results came back that he should never have had the vaccine as it had overloaded his immune system which is why he had died. It was only because she would not let it drop that he did not end up as a covid death statistic.

Do not be scared. I am not saying this to scare you.



Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,796
Location: South-East England

22 Jul 2021, 1:28 pm

But what if I have some sort of immune system disorder I don't know about so then I die when vaccinated? Would I know about it if I did?


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 13 May 2019
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,271

22 Jul 2021, 1:42 pm

All is ok. Go with what you decide and do not worry.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 50,644
Location: Stendec

22 Jul 2021, 2:49 pm

Joe90 wrote:
But what if I have some sort of immune system disorder I don't know about so then I die when vaccinated?  Would I know about it if I did?
I had similar concerns, so I told the medical staff there at the hospital, and they assured me that the risks were very, very small, and that even if I only felt a little dizzy, they would immediately admit me.

You are going to be alright, Joe.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Feb 2010
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,796
Location: South-East England

22 Jul 2021, 5:25 pm

Fnord wrote:
Joe90 wrote:
But what if I have some sort of immune system disorder I don't know about so then I die when vaccinated?  Would I know about it if I did?
I had similar concerns, so I told the medical staff there at the hospital, and they assured me that the risks were very, very small, and that even if I only felt a little dizzy, they would immediately admit me.

You are going to be alright, Joe.


I'm still a bit scared. I keep thinking it might cause a blood clot in my brain and cause permanent brain damage or something.

I just think of all the people who have ever died in a plane crash and some of them might have been worrying about it beforehand and were told ''it's very, very rare that a plane crashes, you will be very safe, see you after your vacation'', but then their plane did crash. Same with COVID jabs. Dying from a COVID vaccine is rare (apparently) but I keep worrying that I might be extremely unlucky with mine.

I mean, the chances of me being born with Asperger's, and ADHD, was very slim. Only 1% of the entire population are on the spectrum and none of my parents are on the spectrum and all my cousins are neurotypicals, so why did the rare case scenario have to happen to me?

I'm getting really nervous of my vaccine. I don't understand how elderly people and people with stage 4 cancer on chemotherapy can survive the vaccine without any serious reactions?


_________________
Female
Aged 31
On antidepressants
Have ASD, ADHD and anxiety disorder
Empathy score: 61 out of a possible 80. (High)


AlanMooresBeard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2013
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 456
Location: London, UK

24 Jul 2021, 7:35 am

I’m pretty sure you’ll be fine, Joe. If you’re under 40, you’ll be offered the Pfizer or possibly Moderna vaccine as there are no known links to blood clots post-jab as there have been for the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. You’ll most likely have a sore arm for a couple of days and maybe some achiness or a slight temperature. Side effects from the Pfizer vaccine tend to be more likely after the 2nd dose. I had my second jab last Friday and aside from the sore arm and aches, I was fine after a couple of days. With the first jab, it was just a sore arm that I experienced. There’s really nothing to worry about.



nick007
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 May 2010
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 24,584
Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

24 Jul 2021, 5:49 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
I know personally of two people who now have life changing health conditions after having had the vaccines and one person my Mother knows who died (Confirmed it was the vaccine) after he had it, along with a few others who were in intensive care after having had bad reactions so I can't say that the vaccines are 100% safe, though neither is catching covid!

One thing I will say is that having a vaccine may protect the vaccinated but it does not prevent the vaccinated from spreading the virus. Those who are vaccinated and ignore social distancing are completely selfish as some of us like me can't take the vaccine.
I heard a guy on the bus today talking about how his cousin died after having the vaccine. His body started bloating & swelling a couple days later & he died a few days after getting the vaccine. The guy on the bus said he got the vaccine shortly after his cousin did & he had some bloating/swelling & then some seizures within a few days of the getting the vaccine. He ended up falling & banged his head on the bathroom sink & was in the hospital for a bit. He said he never had seizures before & he never had bad reactions to the flue or other vaccines.


Joe90 wrote:
So if people are still getting hospitalised and dying even when fully vaccinated then why are we even having the vaccinations?
The vaccines were developed under the Trump administration which had MAJOR ties to the pharmaceutical industry. The vaccines were quickly rushed out & were widely praised by the administration & the media for political gain as being something of a miracle protection so you would never catch the virus. Lots of the public(especially me) have been desperately wanting things to go back to the way they were before Covid. Thanx to the publicity of the vaccines & the public's desperation to get back to normal life, Lots of people are majorly wanting to believe in the vaccines. There is something of a sheeple/heard mentality going on. It's kinda like how the apothecaries in the olden days were making good money selling miracle potions that were really bogus snake-oil products.


_________________
"I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem!"

~King Of The Hill


"Hear all, trust nothing"

~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition