Hate the doom and gloom still going around

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 4:56 am

Now I'm scared to have the vaccine. Why do people have to put all this stuff into my head about it killing people just before I'm going for my first shot? It's taken me months to psych myself up to have the vaccine and now people here are coming out with these stories of horrific things happening to people after having the vaccine. I have a feeling I'm going to die from the vaccine. Or have seizures. Or have my body swell up. It sounds more scarier than the virus itself.

*Panic attack starting*

firemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 7:19 am

Covid is far more likely to kill a person than the vaccine would.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 9:43 am

firemonkey wrote:

But it might change my brain function forever, like give me epilepsy or ME or something.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2021, 12:10 pm

Everything that I've seen says that what was rushed in the development of the vaccines was the funding. They still did the science. And since last December more than 150 million Americans (including me and my bride) have tested the vaccines for you (you're welcome!).

And Trump got the vaccine long before I did. He just did it in secret...he wanted to be protected, he just didn't want to admit that there was anything for him to be protected from.

I'm 66 years old and had no side-effects from the vaccine. I've had more trouble from a paper cut. That annoys me! (a) Side-effects would make the story better, and (b) side-effects would make it clearer the vaccine worked.

My bride was tired for a few days after getting the vaccine. Just in case the same thing happens for you, plan to take it easy for a few days after the shot. Taking it easy is surprisingly easy, by the way.

Please bring back some stories from when you get your shot. Did they have snacks? You get to do some people-watching while you wait 15 minutes before you leave, so was there anybody entertaining there?

Oh. Wear something that will make it easy to get to your shoulder. (When they ask where you want the shot they mean which shoulder. I just said "Above the waist".)

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 6:21 am

Quote:
I heard a guy on the bus today talking about how his cousin died after having the vaccine. His body started bloating & swelling a couple days later & he died a few days after getting the vaccine. The guy on the bus said he got the vaccine shortly after his cousin did & he had some bloating/swelling & then some seizures within a few days of the getting the vaccine. He ended up falling & banged his head on the bathroom sink & was in the hospital for a bit. He said he never had seizures before & he never had bad reactions to the flue or other vaccines.

That's going to happen to me isn't it? :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 6:30 am

You’re going to have the same reactions the vast majority of people had, including myself:

Slight wooziness for half a day, a day after receiving the vaccine.

Sore arm.

Nothing serious.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

26 Jul 2021, 6:40 am

Joe90 wrote:
firemonkey wrote:

But it might change my brain function forever, like give me epilepsy or ME or something.

I've never heard any accounts of anything like that happening. Just stay focused and don't be afraid to express your fears to the staff when you go. If you're religious, it may help to pray that nothing bad will happen. Perhaps you can take a small stuffed toy with to squeeze - that sort of thing helps me.

I sincerely believe without a doubt you'll be telling us all about it after the jab and how you coped. My bf's folks had both their jabs now and I know his dad is 89 which is about three times your age. The people who didn't react well to the vaccine have specific comorbidities which caused a problem.

All the very best with your appointment.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 6:47 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You’re going to have the same reactions the vast majority of people had, including myself:

Slight wooziness for half a day, a day after receiving the vaccine.

Sore arm.

Nothing serious.

I hope I don't feel unwell or woozy for too long, I've only got one day off work.

But how come both the guy and his cousin got severe reactions from the vaccine even though that sort of reaction is supposed to be as rare as getting struck by lightning on the way to collecting your lottery money?

Last edited by Joe90 on 26 Jul 2021, 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 6:48 am

Relax. You are not going to die until the end of your life.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 6:49 am

I didn’t miss a day of work.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

26 Jul 2021, 11:42 am

Joe90 wrote:
Quote:
I heard a guy on the bus today talking about how his cousin died after having the vaccine. His body started bloating & swelling a couple days later & he died a few days after getting the vaccine. The guy on the bus said he got the vaccine shortly after his cousin did & he had some bloating/swelling & then some seizures within a few days of the getting the vaccine. He ended up falling & banged his head on the bathroom sink & was in the hospital for a bit. He said he never had seizures before & he never had bad reactions to the flue or other vaccines.

That's going to happen to me isn't it? :(
It very likely will not. It's quite possible that the poor guy & his cousin had some other issue going on at the same time & getting the vaccine 1st was just coincidence or their other issue had a rare interaction with the vaccine. Maybe it was some weird contagious thing they both had &/or something to do with their genetics since they were cousins. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was supposedly recalled briefly because some people had blood clots after & blood clots might could cause seizures. The news & FDA claimed it was a very small amount of people that it happened to. The guy on the bus said they had gotten the Pfizer one though. Me & my girlfriend both had that one & she was rundown for a while after the 2nd dose & she has various health issues that cause her to get sick more often & stay sick for longer & just feel rundown in general. I however was in very bad shape the day after our 2nd dose. I was delirious & felt sick to my stomach & had a fever for half the day but I was mostly fine by the end of the day. I slept it off & took Tylenol & had a cold pack on my head. I almost never get sick since I graduated high-school but when I do it tends to be hard & fast for me unless it's a sinus infection. I do have various health issues but they are more chronic disabilities & mental things instead of issues that would affect me getting sick or vaccinations. I am on a lot of meds though & I just thought how I have been on Prednisolone for skin eczema for a few years now so maybe that had something to do with my reaction to the vaccine. I do sometimes feel a little rundown after getting flue vaccines but nothing ever close to that extreme. I cant really figure it out :shrug: If you do get the vaccine, I would recommend trying to be aware of how your body is feeling after & to practice basic home health care 1st aid stuff as necessary. Try to rest & take something like Tylenol if you might have a fever & put something cold on your head. Also have your boyfriend stay at home with you & keep an eye on you just incase. Go to the ER if you do have an extreme reaction. Don't try to tough things out for long if your feeling very bad. We were advised by the pharmacist when we got the 1st one to drink plenty of water after which I already do cuz of the meds I'm on.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition