Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Aspie With Attitude
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2021, 12:07 am

Since a hand full of individuals who are autistic don't cope too well with change, I had just uploaded a video to discuss that change can be a good thing in comparison to the other video upload I did more than three years ago. There's always nothing wrong with change unless if the changes are rather negative and unpleasant.

I also make fantasy test card animation and mix my own music.

Please follow this link to subscribe to my YouTube Channel "Aspie With Attitude" --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL2iDI ... Hb4eeYlodQ

starkid
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 11:58 pm

Aspie With Attitude wrote:
Since a hand full of individuals who are autistic don't cope too well with change

Only a handful? I heard it was more than that.

chaosmos
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2021, 3:36 am

I'm a primary school teacher and one tiny little timetable change can (and frequently does) ruin my whole day.

Lady Strange
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

19 Jul 2021, 8:52 pm

Change is often he*l for me, even what will end up being good change, it doesn't matter. Its almost like my brain makes me pay for it by causing massive bad feelings and depression and hating it. It makes it real hard to do anything in life when I dread it so much because it typically is a real long struggle to get used to the change.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 7:17 pm

I suspect "change" is too general a term for what it is that bothers us. If I'm experiencing physical pain all day and then the pain suddenly goes away, that's a change, but I don't feel bad about it. If somebody rearranges my living room, that's a change, and I most likely do feel bad about it. I guess for a change to upset me it has to somehow disrupt my sensitively-organised lifestyle. Maybe it has to interfere with my habits of navigation and movement.

I remember once finding it more difficult to find my way around a building because somebody had repainted all the walls in a different colour. I don't know why it caused me trouble - clearly the architecture of the place hadn't altered - maybe my internal map of the place somehow relied on the colours staying a certain way, but I don't know because I was never conscious of the internal map I used.