Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 12:56 am

What kind of hand sanitizer is good? I got hand sanitizer, but it sticky. What gloves should I get? Is there breathable mask? People have to wear masks indoors here in my town when they with other people, cuz of new covid. Is still ok to touch food & other things that is new?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 8:08 am

Kitty4670 wrote:
What kind of hand sanitizer is good? I got hand sanitizer, but it sticky. What gloves should I get? Is there breathable mask? People have to wear masks indoors here in my town when they with other people, cuz of new covid. Is still ok to touch food & other things that is new?

Any alcohol gel hand sanitizer is fine.

Gloves aren't recommended for MOST people. They're used to prevent cross contamination between surfaces. If you're wearing them and touching multiple things, you may as well not wear any and just wash your hands. Whether wearing gloves or not, avoid touching your face before you wash your hands.

Masks have varying degrees of breathability/filtration. Most people here are wearing reusable cloth ones, usually 2-3 layers. It's better to wear A mask and keep your breath droplets to yourself than no mask at all, so, wear whatever one you have that's comfortable. If you're super concerned, wear a mask that has an N95 filtration rating on it. This is what disposable medical masks Doctors and Nurses wear are rated for. Most reusable fabric masks won't have a rating like this, but they're still pretty good. Wear a mask and keep your 6 foot distance from others so you don't inhale their breath droplets.

Food is usually fine to touch. Hot food is safer than cold food, because heat kills the virus. Cold food/fresh fruits and veggies etc should be rinsed off to rinse pesticides and things anyways. It's extremely rare to catch the virus that causes covid from touching surfaces or food, so most people have stopped disinfecting groceries. If you want to be extra cautious, you still can disinfect groceries.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2021, 5:44 pm

Your best protection is simply to get vaccinated.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 7:28 am

Please moderators, move this to Health section. "Random" discussion are not supposed to be about this.......................................

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

20 Jul 2021, 7:45 am

But it can be - straightforward queries about hand sanitizers and general protection such as this aren't necessarily out of place here.

BTW, these requests are best posted here viewtopic.php?t=391105 - or PM a moderator directly.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Aug 2021, 1:11 pm

It's the "random" section....anything goes! (except, of course, things that are not allowed under WP rules)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 4:45 pm

Noca wrote:

Not only this, but also wear a face mask whenever you are in indoor spaces.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2021, 8:03 pm

Avoiding social media, tv channels (especially ads), public places, not reading newspapers, wearing earphones in stores (constant covid warnings in stores), avoiding covid infected forums (this one is only mildly infected), I think the rest, your immune system can take care of it, unless stress and fear takes it down, therefore needing extra protection such as 2 vaccines and an endless run of boosters and anything your body can (or cannot) handle. A guinea pig, in other words.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 12:03 am

Noca wrote:

Fixxer wrote:
Avoiding social media, tv channels (especially ads), public places, not reading newspapers, wearing earphones in stores (constant covid warnings in stores), avoiding covid infected forums (this one is only mildly infected), I think the rest, your immune system can take care of it...

This is bad advice.

professorkiki33
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Sep 2021, 3:48 pm

Fixxer wrote:
Avoiding social media, tv channels (especially ads), public places, not reading newspapers, wearing earphones in stores (constant covid warnings in stores), avoiding covid infected forums (this one is only mildly infected), I think the rest, your immune system can take care of it, unless stress and fear takes it down, therefore needing extra protection such as 2 vaccines and an endless run of boosters and anything your body can (or cannot) handle. A guinea pig, in other words.

This is the best advice and should be followed, unless you don't enjoy being a sovereign being and would rather a different entity, such as the CCP, to take over your consciousness and live your life for you.

Follow me on Instagram for spiritual digital art stuff: https://www.instagram.com/kikicosmicguide/

Check out my Coloring Book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0989VKSBY

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

06 Sep 2021, 11:20 pm

professorkiki33 wrote:
This is the best advice and should be followed, unless you don't enjoy being a sovereign being and would rather a different entity, such as the CCP, to take over your consciousness and live your life for you.

No, this is very bad advice. None of this will protect you from dangerous pathogens.

Consider this: in late 2019/early 2020, the Coronavirus was barely a blip on USA news media, however, despite this, millions of Americans were still infected by it. Millions, today, are still suffering from permanent organ and tissue damage. It seems highly, highly, HIGHLY improbable that any of them were infected by pedestrian activities such as "reading newspapers" or "watching TV ads". This isn't a SyFy Original Picture, this is Real Life.

There is no logic to this theory, and it will only lead people to an early grave.

(sorry mods, I know this is "Random Discussion")

TiredMom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2021, 2:38 pm

There's going to be a section on covid in my autism and human rights book. Has anyone here actually had covid. If so, would you be willing to share your experiences?

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

08 Sep 2021, 1:09 am

TiredMom wrote:
There's going to be a section on covid in my autism and human rights book. Has anyone here actually had covid. If so, would you be willing to share your experiences?

I've had Long Covid since last March. I don't know if autism had anything to do with it, though.