College not accepting people classified disabled

Page 4 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2021, 12:35 pm

Does anyone here have the intelligence to understand I want to try again to take the Mensa test? I question a dumb rule that would not allow me to try again.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2021, 12:46 pm

I took the Mensa test. I’m banned for life from trying again. It’s not complicated. Dumb people respond with their dumb crap.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

27 Jul 2021, 12:47 pm

If you keep making rude comments I will lock this thread.

In answer - if you want to take the Mensa test again then take it.
If Mensa is preventing you from taking the test again there's nothing we can do to make Mensa let you take the test.
We're also not lawyers and neither can we hire one for you.

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 2:09 pm

Didn't you admit your IQ is normal but want to take Mensa's test (whatever that transcribes to be) which requires an IQ over 130 or more? Nobody can just effortlessly jump about 30 IQ points so I think the Mensa method is out of the equation. Mensa membership as far as I know has never been asked for admittance into a university/college.

When I went to University they never asked me for an IQ test and were only interested in grades.

To get to your original post though, universities actually do refuse admission to people with mental deficiencies or whatever kind but only if they fail to get the grades (which covers almost all people with low intelligence or severe enough cognitive problems). Taking a university or collage to court over it is a futile endeavour as the facilities are simply doing their job by refusing admittance to students who have a mental disability that will likely result in them being unable to complete their course. Even with a full set of grades I've noticed about 1/3rd of students drop out in the first few months alone.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:18 pm

Here you go:  Take the Mensa IQ Challenge 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 6:39 pm

Iphone31966 wrote:
I took the Mensa test. I’m banned for life from trying again.

Why are you banned for life from trying again?

*actually I looked it up, you can only take the test once...that is their rule. So chances are even with a lawyer you will not be able to take it again.

I can understand that is disappointing, but its done...best thing to do now is move on from it and find another path in life. You probably still could get into a college if you really want to, but college is not the end all thing...it doesn't work for everyone.

I tried to go to college and just ended up dropping out repeatedly till I finally accepted it just wasn't for me.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2021, 12:16 am

I lost the document from Mensa. Mensa doesn't have my document in their records. The only way to get my document is to take the test again to re-establish a document.

I want to be tested again to re-establish my document. I also want to see if I could qualify if I am tested again.

I literally mean literally what I am saying. What is happening everyone is getting another meaning and mis-understanding me.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2021, 12:27 am

Where is the rule. What website? I have to see it so I can give an informed response. Once someone qualifies they don't have to be re-tested again. Show me the rule that says one is not allowed try again to get admitted to Mensa.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Groucho Marx

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/groucho_marx_122546

Nades
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:36 am

For then to directly refuse because of mental disability and nothing more seems highly unlikely.

Are you sure they refused directly and solely because of a mental disability and not for grades that failed to meet their criteria?

Mensa will have no impact on college too. If you want to take a test to enter Mensa again that's their decision but all that will happen is you be a member of Mensa and nothing more.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:23 am

Mensa is actually kinda boring, and some of the people seem to enjoy bragging about how smart they are.

I resigned my membership.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:29 am

Iphone31966 wrote:
Where is the rule. What website? I have to see it so I can give an informed response. Once someone qualifies they don't have to be re-tested again. Show me the rule that says one is not allowed try again to get admitted to Mensa.

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.

Groucho Marx

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/groucho_marx_122546

Various websites say that including Mensa ones, though looking it mentions if a good circumstantial reason is present they might allow one to take it again but that is not typical.

That said since you say you're banned for life from taking it I figure they have not found good enough reason to let you retake it.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:44 am

You know what they say:

You attract people more with honey than vinegar.

What is exactly going on with you, WP? Why are you just insulting people, and not trying to meet people halfway?

Mensa is an organization that requires a certain IQ, and you have to pass a test made up by them. It’s mostly a test to see if you can see visual patterns.

Being a member of Mensa does not guarantee you admission to college. It has nothing to do with college.

Most community colleges don’t refuse applications, anyway—unless one doesn’t have a high school diploma. If you fail the various admissions tests, you get put in remedial classes for the tests which you failed. If you fail the math test, you’re put in remedial classes for math.

We’re trying to help you here. Stop insulting us. It makes me feel you’re just here to troll us.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 9:02 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
[...] We’re trying to help you here. Stop insulting us. It makes me feel you’re just here to troll us.
Who is this "we" and "us" of whom you post?  Your first post in this thread appeared after his attacks, and you have done nothing to help Iphone31966 here.  Are you claiming victimhood after the fact, or is this just virtue-signaling on your part?

:roll:

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 10:42 am

Where do you see that I’m claiming “victimhood”?

I’m saying what I sense….that he gratuitously insults.

Nothing I said should confuse you.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2021, 3:34 pm

English is my language. I want to take the English Mensa test. They don't allow to take it again. Mensa can't prove I took the English test. I request my documented result from their records. They can't find it. Mensa can't show a record I took the English test.

The rule is not to repeat the same exact English test. They have had the same exact English test since forever. I would be be allowed to take a new revised English test. Mensa keeps using the same exact English test that perhaps Jesus himself wrote. Did Jesus speak and write English. If so, I don't think Jesus was the one who made the rule not to repeat the same test. If mensa wrote a new English test, I would be allowed to take a new test.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jul 2021, 3:36 pm

Did someone say I insult people. I speak blunt. It's not my problem how people mis-interpret me.