College not accepting people classified disabled

Page 3 of 6 [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 8:08 am

Blue_Star wrote:
Iphone31966 wrote:
Starting right now.  Absolutely no one with a bachelor degree.
Those aren't complete sentences, so what are you trying to get across?  No one with a bachelor's should comment?  Shouldn't interact with you in public?  You won't work with anyone with one?
He seems to have difficulty in communicating his thoughts, so please be patient.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 8:19 am

Iphone31966 wrote:
The word "disability" in not in the Bible. The word isn't there. The people are there. God used people who are different.

The people God used in the Bible would today be classified as disabled in today's society.

If I was in college I would be asking this question. But I am not in college to ask this question. No one is in college to ask this question. College doesn't accept people classified disabled. College invented the entire f****d up system to classify people disabled. And then college doesn't accept people classified as disabled. The entire system to classify people disabled, college invented the entire f****d up system in the first place.

The entire system is run by university graduates who got good grades in college. The university graduates running the entire system are simply doing everything they leaned in college and it is all f****d up.

It's not enough I am not accepted to college. I am a victim of the entire f****d up system that is run by idiot university graduates.

Is the illuminati running everything. Who is really in charge running everything?

I live in Bethlehem, PA. The Lehigh Valley is racist. The paramedics are all white. I don't trust them to save my life.

What people don't realize is that disability rights are civil rights because disabled people are entitled to the right attend college. I went to two colleges that provided accommodations. I think you have a lawsuit on your hands.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 8:30 am

Summer_Twilight wrote:
What people don't realize is that disability rights are civil rights because disabled people are entitled to the right attend college. I went to two colleges that provided accommodations. I think you have a lawsuit on your hands.
That is IF he was rejected for a disability, and IF the school in question receives funding from the federal government.  Still, I agree that a lawyer may be necessary to sort out this mess.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Jul 2021, 11:29 pm

I can see an assortment of psychological disorders here.

I would say people are insulting me. And the only response back to me is to tell me to prove it.

This place is toxic. No one says anything good.

I think I would prefer to just be ignored than to see what I expect to see following this message.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2021, 2:24 pm

Who here is Autistic? Non-Autistic people should not be posting toxic attacks in here.

If people claim to be Autistic, I am not going to argue the validity of that claim. Autistic people should not post toxic attacks in here to attack other Autistic people.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Jul 2021, 5:11 pm

I have complaints the messages are toxic and vindictive.

The I get blamed for being angry.

Let anyone who responds in attack go on record. If administrators take no action I am complaining to remove the administrators.

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 11:34 am

Fnord wrote:
Summer_Twilight wrote:
That is IF he was rejected for a disability, and IF the school in question receives funding from the federal government.  Still, I agree that a lawyer may be necessary to sort out this mess.

I didn't realized how that worked but it makes sense to me as well. I would also talk it up with the school board.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 11:45 am

Iphone31966 wrote:
I can see an assortment of psychological disorders here.

I would say people are insulting me. And the only response back to me is to tell me to prove it.

This place is toxic. No one says anything good.

I think I would prefer to just be ignored than to see what I expect to see following this message.

I think most people here are more just confused about what exactly you're angry about. You have not specified what happened. Not trying to insult you, but people may have an easier time giving some perspective if they had more details.

Like did you apply to college and get outright refused, did you drop out of college or get kicked out? Or did you try to use college disability services and had a bad experience with that?

I would like to know more specifically what happened otherwise I won't be able to come up with anything even remotely useful to say about it, I figure some others here may feel similar to that.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2021, 8:04 pm

I don't have a social worker. The place to call to ask for a social worker will not give me a social worker. I may have to hire my own social worker though an ad on indeed or zip recruiter. The job would be a social worker for an Autistic adult. Social workers don't go to court with me. I have to hire my own social worker that will go to court with me.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2021, 8:16 pm

I need a lawyer to sue Mensa to reverse a lifetime ban.

I took the test. They don't have my document to show my result. My IQ is normal. They don't have my document.

I want to take the test again to re-establish my document. I want a lawyer to sue Mensa to get rid of a rule they made to prevent me to try again.

I don't want to be called developmentally disabled and intellectually disabled. I want to take the Mensa test again. I may not pass for Mensa. My result shows I have a normal IQ. I want to take the test again. If I pass for Mensa then they should accept that. I want to take the Mensa test again to get the document that will show my IQ is normal or passes for Mensa, depending on how I do on the test.

Don't tell me to follow the rules. First show me all of the rules in writing. I break rules. That's what I do.

Iphone31966
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Jul 2021, 8:20 pm

I need the kind of lawyer that sues mcdonalds for hot coffee. I can't find a lawyer to sue for my crap.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 9:19 pm

Mensa requires that a candidate's IQ be in the 98th percentile or above.  This presents a minimum IQ value of about 131.  Most "normal" IQ values are around 100.  If your IQ does not exceed 130, then your admission to Mensa is unlikely.  You cannot break this rule.

Link to Mensa Constitution 

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 9:23 pm

Iphone31966 wrote:
I need the kind of lawyer that sues mcdonalds for hot coffee. [...]
You are asking for what is commonly referred to as a "Schlock" or "Shylock" lawyer.

BeaArthur
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2021, 10:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
Iphone31966 wrote:
I need the kind of lawyer that sues mcdonalds for hot coffee. [...]
You are asking for what is commonly referred to as a "Schlock" or "Shylock" lawyer.

If you want to avoid anti-semitic stereotypes, you can call that type of lawyer "ambulance chaser."

Shylock was the anti-semitic characterization of a Jew in Shakespeare's play The Merchant of Venice.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 12:22 am

Iphone31966 wrote:
I don't have a social worker. The place to call to ask for a social worker will not give me a social worker. I may have to hire my own social worker though an ad on indeed or zip recruiter. The job would be a social worker for an Autistic adult. Social workers don't go to court with me. I have to hire my own social worker that will go to court with me.

Well why did you say college is not accepting people classified as disabled? This mensa test does not appear to be necessary to get into college, rather you have to pass the test to join their mensa organization or whatever. sure it did say some people who can pass it may have an easier time getting into college.

But you said you could not be accepted to college and now you are saying you just didn't get passed the mensa test and want to sue them to take it again...even if you demonstrated you don't pass it to their standards. Like seems they want people with an IQ above normal for their club, so having normal IQ does not mean they would accept you. But that is not 'college' that is a particular acedemic club it sounds like...so not sure how getting rejected from that relates to college not accepting disabled people.

Like not sure how if this is the problem you made the jump from the Mensa organization won't accept me...to colleges simply don't accept anyone with a disability.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 8:16 am

BeaArthur wrote:
If you want to avoid anti-semitic stereotypes, you can call that type of lawyer "ambulance chaser." 
Shylock was the anti-semitic characterization of a Jew in Shakespeare's play The Merchant of Venice.
<* sigh *>

Even Shakespeare is getting cancelled these days.

Anyway, back to the topic -- It now seems that the OP's story goes something like this: "I applied to a college, and they rejected my application, saying I am mentally disabled.  I want to obtain certification from Mensa to prove them wrong."

Is that about right, Iphone31966?