Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 9:50 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
Watched this documentary on the problem last night.
http://www.sidewaysfilm.com/ten-dollar- ... yl-crisis/
Something has to be done ,and if this is the only way to save peoples lives ,then do it.
Hopefully they only get a small dose of meth and won’t get too jeetered out.

that film requires a passcode from the producers [or money] , what do you mean by:

and if this is the only way to save peoples lives ,then do it. :?:

Very sure she means give them the free of charge clean drugs.

Exactly.And free counseling.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 3:40 pm

goldfish21 wrote:

Your posts are the first I've even ever heard of a benzo crisis.

Perhaps you're exposed to different social circles and news sources?

I should hope so...

Potent sedatives in opioids in BC: Implications for resuscitation, and benzodiazepine and etizolam withdrawal

Issue: BCMJ, vol. 63 , No. 4 , May 2021 , Pages 177-178 BCCDC
By: Roy Purssell, MD, FRCPC Jane A. Buxton, MBBS, MHSc, FRCPC Jesse Godwin, MD, FRCPC Jessica Moe, MD

Quote:
Mortality due to drug overdose has risen to unprecedented levels in British Columbia. In 2020, 1724 people died of drug overdose compared to 984 people in 2019.[1]

There has been a significant increase in the proportion of opioid samples containing strong sedatives. These sedatives include benzodiazepines, etizolam, and xylazine. In January 2021, benzodiazepines were found in 20% of opioid samples checked by the BC Centre on Substance Use and 50% of samples from the Vancouver Island Drug Checking Project. Particularly concerning is that benzodiazepines were detected in 50% of illicit drug toxicity deaths in BC in December 2020 and January 2021.[2]

Benzodiazepines and etizolam enhance the action of the inhibitory neurotransmitter, gamma aminobutyric acid. Patients with benzodiazepine overdoses may have profound CNS depression. Symptom onset occurs in 0.5 to 2 hours. Symptom duration can vary depending on the agent and dose; generally, patients with etizolam overdoses will be sedated for many hours. Also of note is that urine toxicology will not detect all benzodiazepines. Point-of-care screens in BC will detect etizolam but their reported sensitivity is 50% to 70%. It is, therefore, important to treat patients clinically if benzodiazepine toxicity is suspected.

Dependence to and withdrawal from benzodiazepines or etizolam may occur after exposures of only a few weeks.[3] Increasing exposure to benzodiazepines puts many people who use drugs at risk for withdrawal symptoms (e.g., agitation, sleeplessness, autonomic instability), which may be difficult to clinically differentiate from opioid withdrawal or stimulant toxicity. Withdrawal from benzodiazepines and etizolam has been increasingly reported across BC over the past 6 months.

https://bcmj.org/bccdc/potent-sedatives ... d-etizolam

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2021, 7:53 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

The safe assumption is that any street dealt drugs sold in Vancouver are cross contaminated with lethal amounts of fentanyl. This is what happens when the black market controls the drug supply with zero regulation. These aren't pharmacists or chemists of any sort, just hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits.

I dont know about safe, but I think the people putting fentanyl and benzos in the heroin and meth are above the hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits., and probably well, well above.

On the meth side at least, the contamination is always subtle and consistent.

I think it has more to do with CIA goofballs than junkies and tweakers.

Mmhmm; if you mean the Chinese Infiltration Agency, then yes.

Much of the fentanyl or precursor chemicals are coming from mainland China.

According to people that work at Insite, other drugs aren’t being cut with fent to create fent addicts out of coke heads or tweezers, they’re accidentally being cross contaminated by morons who are using the same bowls and spoons and scales to divvy out all their drugs, or accidentally mistaking a bag of fent for something else because they’re stupid/high/drunk etc. These are street level dealers slanging crack in the ghetto, not university educated pharmacists carefully portioning medications.

I didnt think it was to make stimulant users physically dependant, the fentanyl or benzos give the user anxiety rebound when they wear off, which is of course the last thing a tweaker wants or needs.

The CIA goofball reference was due to their drug of choice being Dexedrine and Morphine before they got into LSD

As for insite, im not sure what they are saying makes much sense with fentanyl, but the benzo issue is very problematic for their claims.

How long ago did you hear them say this?

Approximately 3 years ago. What relevance is when they said it? :? It still holds true today.

nope, and the salt issue in the meth 3-4 years ago is strong evidence for my nope.

any isnite staff, please step up, as this joker OP is making a mockery of you, which is hardly unexpected, in my experience in the DTES.

btw I dont blame the street level insite staff for OP's poor bashing insanity, but I want f*****g answers from somebody.

ps - the doctor I saw in the clinic after I crash Maggie has a paper on benzo-dope :heart:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

26 Aug 2021, 12:47 am

The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

The safe assumption is that any street dealt drugs sold in Vancouver are cross contaminated with lethal amounts of fentanyl. This is what happens when the black market controls the drug supply with zero regulation. These aren't pharmacists or chemists of any sort, just hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits.

I dont know about safe, but I think the people putting fentanyl and benzos in the heroin and meth are above the hardcore addicts dealing to make enough money to feed their own habits., and probably well, well above.

On the meth side at least, the contamination is always subtle and consistent.

I think it has more to do with CIA goofballs than junkies and tweakers.

Mmhmm; if you mean the Chinese Infiltration Agency, then yes.

Much of the fentanyl or precursor chemicals are coming from mainland China.

According to people that work at Insite, other drugs aren’t being cut with fent to create fent addicts out of coke heads or tweezers, they’re accidentally being cross contaminated by morons who are using the same bowls and spoons and scales to divvy out all their drugs, or accidentally mistaking a bag of fent for something else because they’re stupid/high/drunk etc. These are street level dealers slanging crack in the ghetto, not university educated pharmacists carefully portioning medications.

I didnt think it was to make stimulant users physically dependant, the fentanyl or benzos give the user anxiety rebound when they wear off, which is of course the last thing a tweaker wants or needs.

The CIA goofball reference was due to their drug of choice being Dexedrine and Morphine before they got into LSD

As for insite, im not sure what they are saying makes much sense with fentanyl, but the benzo issue is very problematic for their claims.

How long ago did you hear them say this?

Approximately 3 years ago. What relevance is when they said it? :? It still holds true today.

nope, and the salt issue in the meth 3-4 years ago is strong evidence for my nope.

any isnite staff, please step up, as this joker OP is making a mockery of you, which is hardly unexpected, in my experience in the DTES.

btw I dont blame the street level insite staff for OP's poor bashing insanity, but I want f*****g answers from somebody.

ps - the doctor I saw in the clinic after I crash Maggie has a paper on benzo-dope :heart:

What are you even going on about? :? Your post doesn't make any sense.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 5:52 pm

Im [mosty] talking to Portland health society, [mostly] not you -

anyway f**k the salt jib, break out the K time.

Oh, it[the bad drug info] may be [in part] the VPDd's fault in this case too, need to check that.

Last edited by The_Znof on 27 Aug 2021, 6:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 6:03 pm

[quote="Misslizard"]

Very sure she means give them the free of charge clean drugs.

we have a lot of free counselling here already, but its from tavistock or some s**t..

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2021, 2:30 pm

my apologies to portland health, my issue in the past was with one individual.

For this current issue, OP did trigger me with what I think is an overly harsh view of street dealers,

but OP may have added its own spin to whatever it heard from portland,

And the idea that the Vancouver Police may be contributing to this view makes more sense the more I think about it.

I got the idea after recently reading this book, https://www.amazon.ca/Overdose-Heartbre ... 0735237867