Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 10:40 am

Think this ex-crack addict is going to get people all riled up into insurrection number 2 in a few weeks?

https://fb.watch/6Rla0gQ4bi/

Or will his craziness be transparent and this “cyber security,” election fraud big lie weekend be a total flop?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 10:48 am

Rather like the "Doomsday," "End of the World" type "warnings."

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 11:07 am

MyPillow CEO Mike Lindell insisted that his planned "cyber symposium" scheduled for August will "change history" and reveal evidence of election fraud leading to former President Donald Trump's loss in November 2020.

The prominent conspiracy theorist and Trump loyalist has repeatedly claimed to have evidence that Trump actually won the 2020 election. These baseless claims, which have been promoted by the former president and many of his supporters, have been thoroughly litigated and wholly debunked. But Lindell continues to travel around the country and participate in rallies where thousands of attendees appear to believe the groundless allegations. [...]

Source:
 This Newsweek Article (2021-07-04) 

"Everyone's been coming up to me and going, 'You're our hope,' and all these things," the businessman said. "And I'm saying, 'You know, God blessed me with a big platform for such a time as this,' and that's the way I look at it."

Great ... now he is imagining himself as a Latter-Day "John the Baptist" heralding the coming of the Messiah, when he is just another self-anointed false prophet trying to draw attention to himself for backing a lost cause.

When August 10, 11, and 12 have come and gone, I suspect that he will shift the goalposts even further ... just like every other false prophet in the last 5 Millenia.

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 11:14 am

It is the latest baseless prediction from conspiracy theorists on the fringes of social media: Donald Trump will somehow be reinstated as president as soon as next month.

Yet the claims -- pushed by QAnon adherents and MyPillow CEO and pitchman Mike Lindell -- are enough to put FBI Director Christopher Wray and other top national security officials on alert for the risk that the former president’s most ardent supporters might again resort to violence.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Homeland Security have been providing information to federal, state and local officials about the potential for domestic terrorism over the summer.

In June, DHS issued a document saying followers of the QAnon conspiracy theory may turn to violence because their expectations that Trump should have been inaugurated in January have not been fulfilled.  Some are likely to believe they have an obligation to change from serving as digital soldiers toward engaging in real world violence.

Lindell, the founder of a company that markets pillows, said in an phone interview that he will present what he says is evidence to show that Trump won the election during a cyber symposium on August 10-12.  He said he expects some U.S. states to then take that evidence to the Supreme Court.

Source:
 This Bloomberg Article (2021-07-12) 

:roll:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 1:05 pm

I mean.....how can the Pillow Guy be so stupid?

He used to have these funny commercials.....then somebody injected him with Kool-Aid.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2021, 1:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I mean... how can the Pillow Guy be so stupid? [...]
How can anyone?  Yet, there he is.

It is much more likely that the only conspiracy here involves some tech-savvy guys figuring out how to bill a gullible and tech-deficient billionaire for weeks of work that amounts to little more than a publicly-available voter registry database rendered into hexadecimal digits.

And the pattern I am seeing involves a strong correlation between depth of gullibility and intensity of religious faith.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 11:24 am

I am kinda curious whether people are just going to laugh this moron off and let him fade away to irrelevance, OR, if maga's are going to lose their minds and commit acts of violence because the pillow guy told them their orange messiah was supposed to return.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm

Can someone please smother him with one of his pillows.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 12:32 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I am kinda curious whether people are just going to laugh this moron off and let him fade away to irrelevance, OR, if maga's are going to lose their minds and commit acts of violence because the pillow guy told them their orange messiah was supposed to return.
I think the sequence of events will turn out to be:

1. The pillow guy -- MyPillow CEO and pitchman Mike Lindell -- told them their orange messiah was supposed to return.
2. The orange messiah fails to return.
3. The MAGA's lose their minds even more, and commit more acts of violence.
4. People are just going to laugh off this moron and let him fade away into irrelevance.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 3:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

1. The pillow guy -- MyPillow CEO and pitchman Mike Lindell -- told them their orange messiah was supposed to return.
4. People are just going to laugh off this moron and let him fade away into irrelevance.

I'm not 100% convinced that magas are stupid enough to repeat the Jan 6th violence. They appeared to have learned their lesson and didn't become riddle with bullets at state capitols the next weekend or two when other morons tried to get masses of morons to attack more buildings and people. There's a chance they're smart enough to just laugh at lindell and carry on.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 4:32 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I'm not 100% convinced that magas are stupid enough to repeat the Jan 6th violence. They appeared to have learned their lesson and didn't become riddle with bullets at state capitols the next weekend or two when other morons tried to get masses of morons to attack more buildings and people. There's a chance they're smart enough to just laugh at lindell and carry on.
Maybe as much chance of them holding a milion-MAGA pillow fight on the National Mall ... ?

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 4:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Maybe as much chance of them holding a milion-MAGA pillow fight on the National Mall ... ?

:lol: :lol: :lol: