Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

19 Jul 2021, 4:52 pm

i call u the c a u wtf lol

its a mix between cow and tao :jester: :skull:

I do feel bad, honest. - and maybe im wrong, about the cow food..

but the thread is still valid, to see if I can be autistic and human, wtf l9ol..

influenced

Bertrand Russell, Norman Malcolm, G. E. Moore, Frank P. Ramsey, Vienna Circle, Rudolf Carnap, Alan Turing, G. E. M. Anscombe, Stephen Toulmin, Crispin Wright, Daniel Dennett, Cora Diamond, Alice Crary, James F. Conant, Gilbert Ryle, Saul Kripke, John Searle, Hans Sluga, Peter Hacker, Paul Feyerabend, Ian Hacking, Jon Fosse, Quentin Skinner, Noam Chomsky, Thomas Kuhn,[11] James Tully





Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 49,675
Location: Stendec

19 Jul 2021, 4:55 pm

Uta Frith was elected a Fellow of the British Academy and a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences in 2001, a Fellow of the Royal Society in 2005, an Honorary Fellow of the British Psychological Society in 2006, a member of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina in 2008, an Honorary Fellow of Newnham College, Cambridge in 2008, a Foreign Associate of the National Academy of Sciences in 2012, an Honorary Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2012, and a Williams James Fellow Award in 2013.  She was President of the Experimental Psychology Society in 2006–2007.  In 2009 Frith and her husband jointly received the European Latsis Prize for their contribution to understanding the human mind and brain.

She was awarded the Mind & Brain Prize in 2010.  In 2014, she and her husband won the Jean Nicod Prize, for their work on social cognition.  In 2015, she was listed as one of BBC's 100 Women.

Way out of your league.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 4 Feb 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 76,314
Location: Queens, NYC

19 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm

She was one of those who put Asperger's on the map----with her translations of Hans Asperger's works.

I actually find that an "Aspergian" state of mind has been useful throughout all of history. It can be alleged that people with a single-minded purpose were behind much of the progress which has been made over the years.

People who are proficient in important areas, yet socially inept, are scorned to a ridiculous degree. We should, instead, give credit where credit is due.



The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

20 Jul 2021, 4:39 pm

Fnord wrote:
Uta Frith was elected a Fellow of the British Academy and a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences in 2001, a Fellow of the Royal Society in 2005, an Honorary Fellow of the British Psychological Society in 2006, a member of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina in 2008, an Honorary Fellow of Newnham College, Cambridge in 2008, a Foreign Associate of the National Academy of Sciences in 2012, an Honorary Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2012, and a Williams James Fellow Award in 2013.  She was President of the Experimental Psychology Society in 2006–2007.  In 2009 Frith and her husband jointly received the European Latsis Prize for their contribution to understanding the human mind and brain.

She was awarded the Mind & Brain Prize in 2010.  In 2014, she and her husband won the Jean Nicod Prize, for their work on social cognition.  In 2015, she was listed as one of BBC's 100 Women.

Way out of your league.


in status, yes.. in empathy? lol she is setting the bar low if you actually look closely..



Last edited by The_Znof on 20 Jul 2021, 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

20 Jul 2021, 4:41 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:


We should, instead, give credit where credit is due.


Thanks for the Narcissistic abuse Uta, you crackpot..

Interesting the same Country promoting your filth is killing off its learning disabled and keeping autistics prisoner in hospitals DURING A PANDEMIC.

DID ANYBODY FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPEND TO THE UK LEARNING DISABLED YET?

I did find out autistics didnt seem to die like re-tards [hangover pronounciation]

I wonder if we can fit that into a theory of mind



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 49,675
Location: Stendec

20 Jul 2021, 4:55 pm

The_Znof wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Uta Frith was elected a Fellow of the British Academy and a Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences in 2001, a Fellow of the Royal Society in 2005, an Honorary Fellow of the British Psychological Society in 2006, a member of the German Academy of Sciences Leopoldina in 2008, an Honorary Fellow of Newnham College, Cambridge in 2008, a Foreign Associate of the National Academy of Sciences in 2012, an Honorary Dame Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2012, and a Williams James Fellow Award in 2013.  She was President of the Experimental Psychology Society in 2006–2007.  In 2009 Frith and her husband jointly received the European Latsis Prize for their contribution to understanding the human mind and brain.

She was awarded the Mind & Brain Prize in 2010.  In 2014, she and her husband won the Jean Nicod Prize, for their work on social cognition.  In 2015, she was listed as one of BBC's 100 Women.

Way out of your league.
in status, yes.. in empathy? lol she is setting the bar low if you actually look closely..
No one is obligated to show "empathy"; but if you want to receive empathy, you might first try giving some.


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

20 Jul 2021, 4:57 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
We should, instead, give credit where credit is due.


I almost forgot, this thread started with hints of Plagiarism.

The Wittgenstein wiki does not show Uta as influenced by him, and there is good reason for that.

This is beyond influence, she may have pretty much dumbed down his work and put her own name on it.



Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 64
Gender: Male
Posts: 49,675
Location: Stendec

20 Jul 2021, 4:58 pm

The_Znof wrote:
I almost forgot, this thread started with hints of Plagiarism.  The Wittgenstein wiki does not show Uta as influenced by him, and there is good reason for that.  This is beyond influence, she may have pretty much dumbed down his work and put her own name on it.
Have you any evidence for plagiarism, or is this just another speculative claim?


_________________
 Link to Official List of Trump's Atrocities 

45OFFICE = TRE45ON
Lock Him Up!


The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

20 Jul 2021, 5:07 pm

Ill make a post in the next day or two with the groundwork.

yes the plagiarism charge is speculative, but the crackpot one is not.



The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

20 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm

ill give the quick version now.

https://corticalchauvinism.com/2014/04/ ... in-autism/

I seem to hear somebody say "this idiot thinks she plagiarized the guy who debunks her?"

I say, I agree it sounds far fetched, but Wittgenstein is one serious dude!

ps, my debunkings of theory of mind do not need Wittgenstein, but he may help.



aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Jul 2019
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 929
Location: Australia

22 Jul 2021, 5:23 am

I still don't understand the gripe with Uta Frith.



The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

22 Jul 2021, 9:40 pm

aquafelix wrote:
I still don't understand the gripe with Uta Frith.


read her book, "autism, unraveling the enigma"

the copy in my library will be avail soon and I will post some gripes.

I have gripes with a study she took part in about a decade ago too.

if you read this closely, there are huge variables ignored, esp Uta's suspicion of the subjects, and the study only used 24 subjects, which is a joke.

It is like wakefields MMR scandal, but way worse. I want to find these subjects and ask them their side of the story

Quote:
The study doesn’t explain whether high-functioning adults with autism truly understand false beliefs over time, or whether they merely learn to solve the tasks, Bernier notes. But it does suggest that in the case of the moral scenarios, their ability to reason is not just delayed, but absent entirely. “If these are delays, they are persistent delays that last well into adulthood for people with typical cognitive ability,” he says.
Frith says she is delighted that these researchers have come up with a strategy that validates the theory she helped develop 25 years ago. “It does make sense of the social behavior,” she says, “and it can be linked up to certain abnormal activations in the brain.”

Impaired moral judgment is associated with distinct neural systems, including the right temporal parietal junction4. Gabrieli says his group is working on an imaging study focusing on which brain regions are active in these individuals while they are engaged in moral reasoning.

They’d better work quickly: Frith predicts that the utility of the new test may be limited. “I have no doubt that the Asperger’s community will get hold of the test, study it, and learn the scenarios,” she says.


https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/mind- ... in-autism/


now many are taking this further and saying lack of empathy make us dangerous.



carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Location: uk

23 Jul 2021, 2:37 am

It highlights the limitations of Psychology which isn’t even a proper science.



The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

24 Jul 2021, 6:40 pm

carlos55 wrote:
It highlights the limitations of Psychology which isn’t even a proper science.


Excellently well said.


I still cant get her big book on autism, but there is a dialogue in it between Uta and an autistic girl about reading.

anyone who reads what was said, and considers it in light of how she talked of her lab monkeys from the study, will understand what I mean by "crackpot"

But where she really goes mad is the point when she says what autistics dont have is responsible for all the great religious systems.

The current problem is how this effects treatment, I have only read one book on what they use and it doenst look good, not at all.



The_Znof
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

User avatar

Joined: 14 Sep 2011
Age: 51
Gender: Male
Posts: 447
Location: Vancouver Canada

24 Jul 2021, 7:00 pm

carlos55 wrote:
It highlights the limitations of Psychology which isn’t even a proper science.


just as I was leaving I stumbled upon this advertising.

Quote:
Anything we know for sure about the disorder can probably be traced back to the pioneering research of the developmental psychologist Uta Frith.

https://www.spectrumnews.org/news/profi ... -the-mind/



carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 721
Location: uk

25 Jul 2021, 2:08 pm

Because autism is heterogeneous & just a name given to a cluster of subjective symptoms, not clearly defined biologically, with as yet unknown causes, using psychology alone to explain it is flawed.

Autism is where the brain doesn’t work the way it was evolved to do, this causes an assortment of brain conditions & various psychiatric disorders than range in their presentation & severity.

That took just 64 words, but psychology is a big business so will give 100 million, we just have to put up with them until real science can explain more.