Anyone else prefers a nightmare to reality?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

cornerpiece
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jul 2021, 10:09 pm

Since it's a thing to talk about dreams now, here's my 2 cents.

When I have bad dreams and then I wake up in the morning and still remember those bad dreams, I rather fall back to sleep and continue with them than wake up. Unless I have to get up for work of course.

Anyone else experiencing something like that?

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Jul 2021, 10:17 am

Are you sure your not just still tired?

Millipede
Butterfly
Butterfly

20 Jul 2021, 4:31 pm

I mean, once you wake up, you know that the nightmare wasn't real, so it's not surprising that you'd rather fall back asleep if you're still tired, no ?

But nightmare are oddly comforting, no matter how terrifying they are you'll always wake up safe and unharmed, nothing that happens in nightmares matter unlike in real life, so in a sense I agree with the title.

cornerpiece
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 Jul 2021, 8:53 pm

Millipede wrote:
I mean, once you wake up, you know that the nightmare wasn't real, so it's not surprising that you'd rather fall back asleep if you're still tired, no ?

But nightmare are oddly comforting, no matter how terrifying they are you'll always wake up safe and unharmed, nothing that happens in nightmares matter unlike in real life, so in a sense I agree with the title.

I had a similar explanation in my mind. So cool that you think like that too, and that for you it's totally logical. It is, I guess.

I was probably influenced by popular media, movies: stereotype is that people wake up from a nightmare, feel relieved that it wasn't real and then get up and go live their lives even though it is clear that they haven't rested well. I don't want to give up my sleeping time so easily...

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 9:14 pm

My nightmares are based off of stressful things from real life, so I don't really prefer one or the other.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jul 2021, 10:12 pm

Nightmares are either entirely fictional, knowing at the end of the day it isn't real...

... Or that it is real, and instead of freezing out of fear, there will be a change of priority; one that is less constricting and less complicated.

Reality? Reality is based on your own priority.
If someone else's priorities are your priorities, whether complex or simple, if you've been instilled to do so or not, that's your reality.

Most perceived realities are either taken as too complex or too constricting in practice, because they're caught up with games and conditioning.
Many fear the idea of making it less complex and constricting, even if it were ideal for some -- only fearing they are that they are what nightmares are.

What would I choose?
Reality. Because nightmares are too easy.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 5:07 pm

My life is a nightmare.

I've been forced to live a nightmare every second of everyday since 2018. I think I probably never felt happier than living in my car. People come within earshot and talk s**t about be, I can't get help for my problems, I'm covered up and smothered. I've been forced into being emotionally depraved. Been robbed of my right to see my kids all whilst people look on suicide attempt, after attempt.. hate me, abuse me, call me a f*****g scum s**t c**t dog.. all while wanting something from me.. if nobody is that important, why make it so? I'm the most hated person in my country and I've no choice but to accept it.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 5:10 am

What if reality is my worst nightmare?

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 6:53 pm

aquafelix wrote:
What if reality is my worst nightmare?

It's mine...well parts of it are inclusive.