Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga) Banned From Twitter.

Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 9:01 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fauci lied about masks being effective when the pandemic began. I'm sure you would agree that he should have censored, then.
Dr. Fauci was misinformed at first, and then changed his mind when more accurate data was presented.  That is how science works.  Rep. Greene was misinformed about covid19 and has not changed her mind, even when presented with accurate data.  That is how Republican stupidity works.
The reason Fauci told people that masks weren't effective is because there was a shortage, and the supply needed to be reserved for medical personnel. He should have told us the truth, and warned people to isolate themselves as much as possible until the supply increased.
He did that, as soon as he was fully informed ... by someone other than Donald J. Trump.
So, a doctor takes the advice of someone without a medical degree. That's rather odd, wouldn't you say?
The doctor took orders from his boss, who misinformed him.  Then he came to his senses.

You must love red herring.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 9:10 am

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fauci lied about masks being effective when the pandemic began. I'm sure you would agree that he should have censored, then.
Dr. Fauci was misinformed at first, and then changed his mind when more accurate data was presented.  That is how science works.  Rep. Greene was misinformed about covid19 and has not changed her mind, even when presented with accurate data.  That is how Republican stupidity works.
The reason Fauci told people that masks weren't effective is because there was a shortage, and the supply needed to be reserved for medical personnel. He should have told us the truth, and warned people to isolate themselves as much as possible until the supply increased.
He did that, as soon as he was fully informed ... by someone other than Donald J. Trump.
So, a doctor takes the advice of someone without a medical degree. That's rather odd, wouldn't you say?
The doctor took orders from his boss, who misinformed him.  Then he came to his senses.

You must love red herring.

Yeah, that makes total sense. A licensed physician didn't know Trump was wrong. Gosh!

As far as taking orders from his "boss " that does not give him a pass, especially since this is a life or death issue. It was morally wrong.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 9:14 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
The doctor took orders from his boss, who misinformed him.  Then he came to his senses.  You must love red herring.
Yeah, that makes total sense. A licensed physician didn't know Trump was wrong. Gosh! As far as taking orders from his "boss " that does not give him a pass, especially since this is a life or death issue. It was morally wrong.
So when are you going to stop derailing threads with your whining and actually do something about it?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 9:24 am

Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
The doctor took orders from his boss, who misinformed him.  Then he came to his senses.  You must love red herring.
Yeah, that makes total sense. A licensed physician didn't know Trump was wrong. Gosh! As far as taking orders from his "boss " that does not give him a pass, especially since this is a life or death issue. It was morally wrong.
So when are you going to stop derailing threads with your whining and actually do something about it?

Said the person who just derailed the conversation because he couldn't respond to my points.

If you thought my comments were derailing the thread, then you shouldn't have responded to them, because you are now complicit in the thread being derailed.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 9:35 pm

I hope our sh*thead governor is banned next.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 9:54 pm

I figured she would've been banned for her antisemitism and white pride rallies.
Go figure.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 12:21 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

Plenty of republicans do.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 1:11 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
I figured she would've been banned for her antisemitism and white pride rallies.
Go figure.

Elephant in the room. The way these types of threads end up getting derailed I expect people will be discussing light beer over the next page :lol:

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 1:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
Elephant in the room. The way these types of threads end up getting derailed I expect people will be discussing light beer over the next page :lol:

Have you tried Molson?

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 1:29 am

No I'm a fan of ales

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 8:26 am

The relevant difference between Rep. Greene and Dr. Fauci in this context is that while Dr. Fauci expressed his expert medical opinions in good faith and then updated his statements as new data came in, Rep. Greene is spreading false information in spite of knowing the truth and NOT knowing what she is talking about.

By further comparison...

Dr. Anthony Fauci
• Education: College of the Holy Cross (BA), Cornell University (MD).
• Awards: Maxwell Finland Award (1989), Ernst Jung Prize (1995), Lasker Award (2007), Presidential Medal of Freedom (2008), Robert Koch Prize (Gold, 2013), Public Welfare Medal (2021), Dan David Prize (2021).
• Scientific career: Field of Immunology, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Rep. Marjorie Greene
• Education: University of Oregon (BBA).
• Awards: None.
• Scientific Career: None.

I trust Dr. Fauci infinitely more than I trust Rep. Greene (which is not at all) in matters requiring medical expertise.

Off Topic
I also like a good glass of stout, served at "room temperature" (~70°F | 21°C).  In my opinion, lagers and pilsners are useful only for marinating beef and for killing garden slugs, while only porters and stouts are fit for drinking.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 7:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
The relevant difference between Rep. Greene and Dr. Fauci in this context is that while Dr. Fauci expressed his expert medical opinions in good faith and then updated his statements as new data came in, Rep. Greene is spreading false information in spite of knowing the truth and NOT knowing what she is talking about.

By further comparison...

Dr. Anthony Fauci
• Education: College of the Holy Cross (BA), Cornell University (MD).
• Awards: Maxwell Finland Award (1989), Ernst Jung Prize (1995), Lasker Award (2007), Presidential Medal of Freedom (2008), Robert Koch Prize (Gold, 2013), Public Welfare Medal (2021), Dan David Prize (2021).
• Scientific career: Field of Immunology, National Institutes of Health, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases.

Rep. Marjorie Greene

I trust Dr. Fauci infinitely more than I trust Rep. Greene (which is not at all) in matters requiring medical expertise.

Off Topic
I also like a good glass of stout, served at "room temperature" (~70°F | 21°C).  In my opinion, lagers and pilsners are useful only for marinating beef and for killing garden slugs, while only porters and stouts are fit for drinking.

If they’re (MTG’s supporters) asked to get vaxed, their response: “But muh freedums”

If their refusal to get vaxed results in more mask mandates or lockdowns, their response: “But muh freedums” (remember, they were willing to kidnap the governor of Michigan because of the mandates/lockdowns)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm

Fnord wrote:

Rep. Marjorie Greene

I trust Dr. Fauci infinitely more than I trust Rep. Greene (which is not at all) in matters requiring medical expertise.[/color]

Off Topic

I did not know this about Rep. Greene, but she just made Oregon look bad regardless of who
supports her or not.

Doctor Fauci understands the pandemic from all perspectives since it began.

Off Topic
I can't drink alcohol because I'm on three prescriptions,
so no booze for me. :wink:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 9:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
Rep. Marjorie Greene

The University of Oregon should revoke her degree. Same way Wharton business school should revoke Trump's degree for demonstrating they learned absolutely nothing.

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2021, 11:23 pm

Fnord wrote:
...Rep. Greene is spreading false information in spite of knowing the truth and NOT knowing what she is talking about.

Does she know the truth?
Everything I've seen about her suggests that she is morbidly unintelligent.
I mean she had to GO INSIDE THE ACTUAL HOLOCAUST MUSEUM to discover that THE HOLOCAUST WAS A VERY BAD TIME FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE.

...and then two weeks later, she completely forgot about it :roll:

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 11:58 am

SabbraCadabra wrote:
Fnord wrote:
...Rep. Greene is spreading false information in spite of knowing the truth and NOT knowing what she is talking about.

Does she know the truth?
Everything I've seen about her suggests that she is morbidly unintelligent.
I mean she had to GO INSIDE THE ACTUAL HOLOCAUST MUSEUM to discover that THE HOLOCAUST WAS A VERY BAD TIME FOR A LOT OF PEOPLE.

...and then two weeks later, she completely forgot about it :roll:

Her supporters still insist it never happened.