Texas Senate Bill - Can’t teach KKK is morally wrong

Page 9 of 9 [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 2:09 am

Mr Reynholm wrote:
So you've read my mind and found me to be a white nationalist and very privileged.
Wow, who'd known.
Can you name one person in power who is a white nationalists? Or maybe someone in government who is?
The gas lighting you speak of is being done by the MSM.

I don't think that's whar FE is saying. Just a pattern, you rush to defend racists and racism by comparing to isolated left wing groups and exaggerating their danger even though the comparisons are neither meaningful or valid. As if that excuses actual racism experienced by minority groups in the US.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 7:40 am

cyberdad wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
So you've read my mind and found me to be a white nationalist and very privileged.
Wow, who'd known.
Can you name one person in power who is a white nationalists? Or maybe someone in government who is?

I don't think that's whar FE is saying. Just a pattern, you rush to defend racists and racism by comparing to isolated left wing groups and exaggerating their danger even though the comparisons are neither meaningful or valid. As if that excuses actual racism experienced by minority groups in the US.

No. I have not defended racism.
I am a fan of consistency. You can't demand condemnation for one group and give another a pass for doing the same thing. There are racists of all colors and all should be condemned as such.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 8:03 am

funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
I can't believe I'm having this conversation.
You know that Santa and the Easter Bunny aren't real either don't you?
The Klan (a Democrat organization) is a thing of the past. The so-called "White National Supremacists" are not real. This is the Left and the MSM creating the Boogyman to scare you into hating everyone that didn't vote for the DNC.
You need to get out of the house and talk to some real people. A diverse group of people; Left, Right, Red, Yellow, Black and White. I think you'll be suprised.

Gaslighting people about the thread posed by white nationalists doesn't address the problem. I get it, you don't consider them a threat because you agree with them, otherwise you wouldn't constantly defend them.

That doesn't mean everyone else has the privilege of not having to worry about the threat of violence from those types. You have no argument when you have to resort to dismissing people who are aware of things you don't pay attention to as being brainwashed. I'm not sure if you actually believe the nonsense you post here but if you do you're too uninformed for your opinion to carry any weight.

Denying reality doesn't alter it so forgive me if I don't join you in pretending that the alt-right isn't a threat to the American people and their basic liberties.

Wow, who'd known.

You clearly have the privilege of not having to worry about white nationalism, why try to deny that?
You're consistent in defending white nationalists, I don't know if you identify as one but how would describe someone who's consistently acts as an apologist for those movements?

Marjorie Taylor Green openly peddles WN talking points in Congress, for a single example.

Tucker Carlson spreads WN talking points on a nightly basis.

And those are two lowest hanging fruit as far as examples go but I'm sure you'll try to deny reality yet again.

Edward Bernays would be so gratified to see his life's work being put into such excellent effect in 21st Century America. The masses uncritically believe everything the Government/Media complex tells them to believe.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 9:08 am

White supremacy is a menace to everyone.Mostly people of color ,but they also don’t like white people that don’t believe in their agenda.I suppose they think we are traitors.
My relative was threatened by one in jail.He had to be put into protective custody.The skin head said his racist buddies were going to attack my family member when they got transferred to the prison intake unit.
This guy was scary, over six foot and covered in racist tattoos like swastikas ,SS lightning bolts and Hitler.He had Unforgiven tattooed on his chest ,they are a white supremacy gang from Florida.
Luckily for my relative they are in different units.The skinhead went to one of the max security units where he belongs.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 12:16 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Edward Bernays would be so gratified to see his life's work being put into such excellent effect in 21st Century America. The masses uncritically believe everything the Government/Media complex tells them to believe.

This is a common attack the disinformed aim at those who participate in the reality-based world, but it's not a credible attack.

Repeating the same false arguments as professional deniers of racism use on a nightly basis while denying any experience that contradicts those claims really doesn't do more than demonstrate a willingness to dismiss experiences that don't support the politically correct conclusion. Those guys used to insist racist incidents didn't actually occur until video footage started being widely available, now they tell new lies to achieve the same goal. It's pretty obvious what their agenda is when they paraphrase the 14 words on air.

If those are the people who you chose to allow to 'inform' you it's clear where your sympathies lay.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 12:27 pm

Either you support CRT or you support racism or are racist yourself.

It’s as simple as that.

Also, saying “Blue Lives Matter” or “All Lives Matter” is the same as saying “Black Lives Don’t Matter”. “Black” is the only word that should come before “lives matter”.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:28 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

It’s as simple as that.

Hell no. It means you might think CRT is a counterproductive way to fight racism. That so many that support CRT supports the idea that being against CRT automatically means you a racist or a racist supporter(same thing) tells me most of what I need to know about what CRT is circa 2021.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:18 am

Tim_Tex wrote:

It’s as simple as that.

Also, saying “Blue Lives Matter” or “All Lives Matter” is the same as saying “Black Lives Don’t Matter”. “Black” is the only word that should come before “lives matter”.

It is that clear Tim. Agreed.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:20 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
being against CRT automatically means you a racist or a racist supporter(same thing) tells me most of what I need to know about what CRT is circa 2021.

Put it this way. What is the motivation for an average person who decides their children shouldn't learn about racism? Dig deep AS and think about why.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 2:10 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
being against CRT automatically means you a racist or a racist supporter(same thing) tells me most of what I need to know about what CRT is circa 2021.

Put it this way. What is the motivation for an average person who decides their children shouldn't learn about racism? Dig deep AS and think about why.

False False equivalency. Being against their children being taught CRT does not automatically equate to not wanting their children to be taught about racism. If you all want to convince me and others we are being paranoid about CRT the constant equating of the two is having the exact opposite effect.

Equating against teaching CRT with against teaching racism is a far cry from the OP which was about a proposed law in Texas dropping the requirement the studying of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the works of United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragist movement, and Native American history which is odious anti civil rights bigoted cancel culture.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 5:26 am

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Being against their children being taught CRT does not automatically equate to not wanting their children to be taught about racism. If you all want to convince me and others we are being paranoid about CRT the constant equating of the two is having the exact opposite effect.

Equating against teaching CRT with against teaching racism is a far cry from the OP which was about a proposed law in Texas dropping the requirement the studying of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have a Dream” speech, the works of United Farm Workers leader Cesar Chavez, Susan B. Anthony’s writings about the women’s suffragist movement, and Native American history which is odious anti civil rights bigoted cancel culture.

Honestly AS, do you serious any of the republican goons or their cheer squad give a crap about that level of intellectual nuance? I've seen the parents (and even their coached spawn) give speeches and none of them seem to know what their children's history curriculum is. They just oppose the concept of CRT.

The moment the agitation started in the last months of the Trump presidency it smelt of QAnon conspiracy rubbish to grab votes,

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:27 am

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
Being against their children being taught CRT does not automatically equate to not wanting their children to be taught about racism. If you all want to convince me and others we are being paranoid about CRT the constant equating of the two is having the exact opposite effect.

Honestly AS, do you serious any of the republican goons or their cheer squad give a crap about that level of intellectual nuance? I've seen the parents (and even their coached spawn) give speeches and none of them seem to know what their children's history curriculum is. They just oppose the concept of CRT.

The moment the agitation started in the last months of the Trump presidency it smelt of QAnon conspiracy rubbish to grab votes,

Louden county, Virginia which is gotten a lot anti CRT publicity went for Biden by 25 percent, Parental complaints have been coming from “blue” places such as New York and Seattle. It is possible all the complainers are 1. Members of the Minority MAGA supporters in these locales 2. Otherwise progressive people who have been bedazzled by Christopher Rufo and friends. I doubt it. Parts of the left keep calling people who disagree with them dumb, uncouth, racists, too stupid to know they are racists, too stupid to realize they are sheep, and wonder why Trump won in 2016, almost won in 2020, and why the Republicans overall did better in 2020 then expected. I live in a “purple” area. I know MAGA’s but I also know Trump voters who despise him and understand how bad he is for the country and voted for him anyway because your side convinced them you are the greater of two evils. I don’t have to look far, they are in my own family(not me). Good work(sarcasm)

Upon further thought I take back what I wrote about certain progressives wondering, they know. They know those “liberals” are racists or sheep for racists. Those certain progressives have it all figured out. CRT, Anti-Racism or what passes for them explains it all. It’s simple, it’s basic. It seems Q’Anon may not be the only cult.

I do not know about parenting in Australia but over here we have helicopter/hovering parenting, snowplow parenting(clear away all obstacles in the way of their kids). But they do not know what there kids are being taught or not taught about racism. I find that inconsistent.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 7:47 pm

Tim_Tex wrote:

It’s as simple as that.

So what you're saying is; "You're either with us or with the racists?"
Is that correct?