Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2021, 12:54 pm

Always look on the bright sight of life. This is a test post because it seems not working.

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2021, 12:55 pm

Halo, I am 37 years old and female. I am very identic with asperger syndroms but tests on the internet seem to show high functining or atypical autism. I do not know. I am not sure If I ever will be diagnosed but I identify so much. 13 years ago I was maltreated in the psychiatry because I did not want to talk to the doctors. I am a broken autist. When I go through my past life my autistic character parts were the happiest. I want to return my autism back. Here is a Foto of mine. And here is a link to my first thread:

Halo :D

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2021, 12:55 pm

<removed on request>

Last edited by magz on 01 Aug 2021, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.: Personal data removed

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 1:48 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! I hope you find this to be a good place to visit.

You said "I am very identic with asperger syndroms but tests on the internet seem to show high functining or atypical autism." I do not know about Germany (maybe someone else does) but in the U.S. we currently use DSM-5 which no longer lists Asperger's Syndrome as a diagnosis. It was moved into the Autism Spectrum Disorder. Maybe the Internet tests did not diagnose you as Asperger's Syndrome because it is an outdated diagnosis?

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

21 Jul 2021, 4:53 pm

Thank you for the information. I did another test postet here on the forum. I have 165 from 200 points that I am from the autism spectrum.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 5:31 pm

Hello. Welcome to Wrong Planet.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2021, 7:25 pm

My understanding is that someone officially on the Autism Spectrum might be able to fairly but unofficially also claim Asperger's Syndrome if they have one distinctive trait: no speech development delay. That is, Asperger's Syndrome looks like mild Autism Spectrum Disorder in someone who was not late developing early language skills.

In an adult it might be difficult to find out what their language skills were when they were very young. I suspect this might make Asperger's Syndrome more difficult to accurately diagnose in an adult, that might be a benefit of moving it under the Autism Spectrum Disorder diagnosis.

When I had my Adult Autism Assessment in 2019 (when I was 64) the Psychologist concentrated on Autism. However, even though I was 64 I was able to provide information from both of my parents about what I was like as a baby. (My father is still alive, and quite old, and I also had a copy of a journal my mother kept while I was a baby.) So the official psychological report says I meet the criteria for a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, Level 1 (Mild) but also notes that I displayed many of the qualities of what was previously known as Asperger's Syndrome.

My impression is that, informally, some high functioning Autistics call themselves Aspies or say they have Asperger's Syndrome even if they did not (cannot!) officially get that diagnosis. They are self-diagnosing based upon the best information they have available.

I think officially, unofficially, even informally will be okay on Wrong Planet.

TwoThree notes:

(1) I don't know how good your English is but it has to be better than my German. I am a typical American who speaks only English. I will not object to you asking me to rephrase things to make it easier to understand.

(2) Please do not be bothered by the colors in this post. I am not doing it to annoy you, I am doing it to entertain me. I am an Aspie, I am old, I think computers are toys, and so I play with my Wrong Planet posts.

(3) Please remember I am not a psychologist! I worked with computers. I am telling you my opinions based upon what I have found on the Internet, including Wrong Planet. I might be completely WRONG!

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2021, 2:58 am

Nice that you play around. LOL. I love this. If you like you can answer also my Thread in the only members forum section. :). Nobody commented yet.

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 3:44 am

welcome

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

22 Jul 2021, 7:19 am

Thank you all :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 5:16 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :D

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 7:51 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

You can test this by viewing this post without logging into Wrong Planet.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2021, 8:49 pm

Guten tag. Willkommen.

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jul 2021, 2:05 pm

Vielen Dank :)

differentpage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

25 Jul 2021, 4:14 pm

Hi!

We look somewhat alike, but my hair is shorter and has gone silvery white.

I'll go read your other post.

undiagnosedautist
Butterfly
Butterfly

31 Jul 2021, 2:33 am

Hi. Thank you all. I like comments on my posts.