Page 4 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2021, 1:48 pm

+1

Passed in her sleep.  Mother of two doctors and a lawyer.  MIL of a pastor.  Several grandchildren.

Pillar of the church.

Friend.

:cry:

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2021, 3:31 am

Fnord wrote:
Fnord wrote:
My old music teacher got covid and was put into the ICU over the weekend.  I hope he is not #12.
Update: Over the weekend, he was released from the hospital, went home, went back to the emergency room the next day, went home again, and is now back in the ICU with his wife (who is a nurse), and his SIL & BIL are both in the hospital, as well -- and none of them were vaccinated!!

These are some of the smartest people I know, yet they were too stupid to get vaccinated!

Only NOW are they also asking for the vaccine.

At least the 1-year old daughter of the music teacher and his wife is still healthy, but for how long?

First, my apologies if I offend anyone by what I’m about to say. We PA Dutch are quite the bunch of insensitive louts.

If they don’t get the vaccine, they deserve to die, just like my relatives and what a quite a few false friends have told me in the past when they found out I was diagnosed with ASD, bipolar I and PTSD. It’s why, now that I have an apartment, I’ve become a recluse. I stay locked in this place 98% of the time, except to do my wash, take out my trash, go to church, go to the doctor, and get my Mail. These people no longer deserve my sympathy, nor do I even emphathsize with them.

In short, Leave me alone!

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Sep 2021, 3:40 am

AprilR wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Yes. Nine more. In seven days.

None of them had the vaccine.

I am so sorry Fnord, it must be devastating to lose so many people. I am grateful that we have access to the vaccine, but even that is not enough to save people apparently.

Nearly every doctor around us advised to get vaccinated. My own mother has a history of cancer and thyroid disease yet her own doctor recommended to get vaccinated as soon as possible. I think only in cases of autoimmune diseases it is not recommended.

I was under the impression that the immunocompromised were the ones that needed the vaccine the most.

No matter, as soon as the boosters are available for the Moderna vaccine, I’ll be paying a visit to UPMC Memorial hospital, which is right down the hill from my apartment, which is a 10 minute ride by mass transit.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 7:27 pm

+1

Pastor of an evangelical Christian church. Father of three. Wife not employed. Former friend. Not vaccinated.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 12:08 pm

Fnord wrote:
+1

Pastor of an evangelical Christian church. Father of three. Wife not employed. Former friend. Not vaccinated.

Not to be insensitive, but are all of these people opposed to other vaccinations or medical interventions that could prevent illness or prolong their lifespans? :? Are they all so deeply religious that they sincerely believe they're meant to meet their maker in the event that they fall ill whenever that may be?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:17 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
+1

Not to be insensitive, but are all of these people opposed to other vaccinations or medical interventions that could prevent illness or prolong their lifespans?  Are they all so deeply religious that they sincerely believe they're meant to meet their maker in the event that they fall ill whenever that may be?
Variations on a general theme of either "I trust my G^D to keep me healthy", "Covid is a political hoax", or both.

Ironically, none of them seemed to have had any problems with taking aspirin, benadryl, plavix, or their daily vitamins.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:56 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
Fnord wrote:
+1

Not to be insensitive, but are all of these people opposed to other vaccinations or medical interventions that could prevent illness or prolong their lifespans?  Are they all so deeply religious that they sincerely believe they're meant to meet their maker in the event that they fall ill whenever that may be?
Variations on a general theme of either "I trust my G^D to keep me healthy", "Covid is a political hoax", or both.

Ironically, none of them seemed to have had any problems with taking aspirin, benadryl, plavix, or their daily vitamins.

And now it seems the latest anti vaxx argument boils down to "I'm not gonna take the vaccine because people on the pro vaccine side want me to and that makes me not want to even more." Seriously. That's literally their argument. Wtf?

As zdogg md has recently pointed out, covid and it's variants are becoming endemic. You can take your chances of permanent organ damage, long haul covid, or death by catching it unvaccinated.. or get vaccinated and be almost certain it'll just be a sniffle/fever or whatever minimal symptoms. So ridiculous!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 2:44 pm

Fnord wrote:
+1

He was buried yesterday (2021-09-18).

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 3:20 pm

Some of that was really hard to read Fnord. Not because I'm a poor reader but I still find the enormity of the whole covid 19 thing too much to take on board sometimes.

Some of what you said actually got me quite emotional to be honest.

I was scared to get vaccinated but I got it done quickly and after reading all of that what you are coping with I'm really glad that I got it done as well.

All the best Fnord to you and yours.

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 4:20 pm

Still on my first dose so I am still worried.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 4:37 pm

babybird wrote:
Some of that was really hard to read Fnord. Not because I'm a poor reader but I still find the enormity of the whole covid 19 thing too much to take on board sometimes.  Some of what you said actually got me quite emotional to be honest.  I was scared to get vaccinated but I got it done quickly and after reading all of that what you are coping with I'm really glad that I got it done as well.  All the best Fnord to you and yours.
Thank you, Ms. Bird.

The Missus and I have a large church network and lots of family members.  My co-workers are numerous, as well, so hardly a month goes by that I do not hear of at least two people I have met dying of covid, and it has been 18 months since the pandemic was officially acknowledged in this country.

That is a lot to take on board for anyone, and then someone sent me the link below, which takes you to a webpage with the names and pictures of people who refused to get vaccinated, many of whom subsequently died from covid.  Do not click on the link if it would upset you.

Sorry Anti-Vaxxers 

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Oct 2021, 8:59 pm

I am really sorry you have lost so many people to disinformation around Covid-19. I hadn't seen this thread, but their lives mattered. Glad you and yours are vaccinated. We are, too, at least those of us old enough in my house to be vaccinated, and we mask up at all times.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52