We’re all the people that achieved something Aspergers…

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 11:37 am

Technic1 wrote:
Yes there were so many people with Asperger’s syndrome who achieved great things they just got there mill ticket, we haven’t - Yet
Really?

Who are these "great" people?

How do you know they have Asperger's Syndrome?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2021, 12:41 pm

Fnord, I know you have a problem with me. But don’t let it get in the way of intelligence and the opinion of others.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 5:40 pm

Technic1 wrote:
Yes there were so many people with Asperger’s syndrome who achieved great things they just got there mill ticket, we haven’t - Yet
I have a problem with this statement. What is a "mill ticket"? I'm guessing it's some regional term. The rest I agree with--with the qualification that probably not all of the suspected Aspies necessarily were actually Aspies, likely just a statistically significant subset.

QuantumChemist
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 8:29 am

Double Retired wrote:
Technic1 wrote:
I have a problem with this statement. What is a "mill ticket"? I'm guessing it's some regional term. The rest I agree with--with the qualification that probably not all of the suspected Aspies necessarily were actually Aspies, likely just a statistically significant subset.

I think “mill ticket” is to mean “meal ticket”, the thing that makes one rich and famous.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 4:58 pm

Technic1 wrote:
Fnord, I know you have a problem with me...
I have no problem with you. I do have a problem with false assumptions, sweeping generalizations, and fallacious reasoning; or would you prefer that I made up my own "facts", expressed my opinions as absolute truths, and/or agreed with everyone else's fantasies?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 7:00 pm

QuantumChemist wrote:
Double Retired wrote:
Technic1 wrote:

I think “mill ticket” is to mean “meal ticket”, the thing that makes one rich and famous.

oh :oops:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 9:08 pm

According to Merriam-Webster, a "meal ticket" is something that serves as the ultimate source of one's income. Example:

"The Mavs got surprisingly little from their meal ticket, Doncic, in the first half as he was hit with his third foul and a technical late in the second quarter after scoring just seven points." -- Tim Cowlishaw, Dallas News, 30 Jan. 2021

The Urban Dictionary puts it another way:

A "meal ticket" is a person, possibly a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife, friend, et cetera, who is kept around and close in order to be used monetarily.  Example:

"Though they had dated for years, John was nothing more than a meal ticket to Betsy.  He was just a dumb, naïve fool that was there to be used, nothing more. Stupid fool believed someone actually loved him."

In the latter definition, the term is synonymous with "Sugar Daddy".

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:20 pm

It's believed that Samuel Clemens (better known as Mark Twain) might have Aspergers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 4:24 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:
It's believed that Samuel Clemens (better known as Mark Twain) might have Aspergers.
Mere belief proves nothing.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2021, 11:44 pm

Beliefs make people - nothing is fact.

Technic1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Aug 2021, 11:48 pm

JustFoundHere wrote:

Henry Ford too.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:14 am

Technic1 wrote:
JustFoundHere wrote:
Henry Ford too.
Again, mere belief proves nothing.  There is no proof that either of these men were on the spectrum.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 8:19 am

Maybe Joe Schmo from 19th Century NYC had Aspergers….but we will never know that for a fact.