Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Jul 2021, 12:16 pm

For any of you who might have skipped your meds for whatever mental health issues you have, either because you 'forgot' to take them or was frustrated by any side effects, what ended up happening?

I've posted on here before about my bipolar meds causing my body and breath to stink like rotting cabbage and I remember stopping taking them, thinking I'd start to smell better. I ended up getting what we call in the UK an anti social behavioral order or an 'ASBO' and having to wear an ankle tag, report to a probation officer every week for 'probation service', banned from setting foot in half of town and still stinking like rotting cabbage. Why? Because about a day after I stopped taking the meds, I remember sitting down on a bench outside some shops and I started a conversation with a passers by, then my mind goes blank, and suddenly, I'm in a holding cell in a police station and find myself talking to myself about government conspiracies. I was unaware of it at the time, but the police told me after I realized where I was that when the public reported me for my 'anti social behavior' I was 'off my head with delusional rants about government conspiracy theories' right up to when I was in my holding cell.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2021, 9:06 am

I'm sorry that happened to you. Are you still on probation and banned from half of your town, or is that all over with?

I personally have to take Strattera for ADHD, and whenever I have a dose change or am not able to get my prescription it makes me incredibly suicidal, irritable, and makes my OCD symptoms act up even more. It's not supposed to do that so I'm trying to eventually go off of it. It doesn't do a lot more than that though.

Noca
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 1:22 pm

There are SO many anti-psychotics on the market, at least here in North America. I don't see how your doctors can't find any other drug to put you on that doesn't make you smell like rotting cabbage. In my experience when doctors tell me that there are no other options they are usually lying. There are usually many other options to try and the doctors are just too lazy and indifferent to bother researching available treatment options, so I do it myself and then suggest the medication to them to prescribe.

For me, the consequences of skipping my meds are the return of all the symptoms that they are treating, plus withdrawal/flu-like symptoms from my Doxepin.

Ghulam Asadiq
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Aug 2021, 10:48 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I'm sorry that happened to you. Are you still on probation and banned from half of your town, or is that all over with?

I personally have to take Strattera for ADHD, and whenever I have a dose change or am not able to get my prescription it makes me incredibly suicidal, irritable, and makes my OCD symptoms act up even more. It's not supposed to do that so I'm trying to eventually go off of it. It doesn't do a lot more than that though.

I'm still banned and on probation. :(

They tried putting me on different meds but I still had a stink of rotting cabbage and I was getting complaints from my hostel mates, (I live in a hostel style sheltered home with four bunk beds in the room I sleep in) that my snoring was a lot heavier and I was sometimes sleep walking around the room and on three occasions down the corridors in the building. The sleepwalking and the heavy snoring stopped when I was put back on the current meds.