Clapton is not God just another flawed person

Page 3 of 6 [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:02 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
There was another notable gentleman in history who had an identical thing. A certain American who was born out of wedlock to a young lady who had an affair with a man at a church retreat (she never revealed who the father was). Was raised by his grandparents with the same cover story as given to the child Clapton. And then one day this other guy was told..."this little girl here...she actually your mom, and WE...are actually your grandparents".

This other man also survived the mental upheaval, but.... well... his name was "Ted Bundy".

So...I guess we should be grateful that Clapton only became musician with an attitude, instead of becoming a serial killer! :lol:

At first I thought you were talking about Jack Nicholson. He didn't find out until after his grandmother (who he thought was his mother) and his mother (who he thought was his sister) had died. Wonder how he'd have turned out if they actually told him themselves.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:06 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
You don't need to be dying of an infectious disease to spread it to others though.
Indeed...

Mary Mallon was born in 1869 in Ireland and emigrated to the US in 1884.  She had worked in a variety of domestic positions for wealthy families prior to settling into her career as a cook.  As a healthy carrier of Salmonella typhi her nickname of "Typhoid Mary" had become synonymous with the spread of disease, as many were infected due to her denial of being ill.  She was forced into quarantine on two separate occasions on North Brother Island for a total of 26 years and died alone without friends...

Source
 Mary Mallon (1869-1938) and the history of typhoid fever 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:15 pm

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but hadn't Clapton a while back bragged about being a racist?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:18 pm

Fnord wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
You don't need to be dying of an infectious disease to spread it to others though.
Indeed...

Mary Mallon was born in 1869 in Ireland and emigrated to the US in 1884.  She had worked in a variety of domestic positions for wealthy families prior to settling into her career as a cook.  As a healthy carrier of Salmonella typhi her nickname of "Typhoid Mary" had become synonymous with the spread of disease, as many were infected due to her denial of being ill.  She was forced into quarantine on two separate occasions on North Brother Island for a total of 26 years and died alone without friends...

Source
 Mary Mallon (1869-1938) and the history of typhoid fever 

Marjorie Taylor Green would be outraged at the communist discrimination poor Typhoid Mary was subjected to. 8)

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:20 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but hadn't Clapton a while back bragged about being a racist?

Yes.

https://people.com/music/eric-clapton-r ... -morrison/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/eric- ... cist-rant/

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:45 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

Yep famously in 1976

TheRobotLives
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:50 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
He did get vaccinated with two shots.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/er ... r-BB1gPT02

Also though, from the article
Clapton noted that he “should’ve never gone near the needle” because of his “peripheral neuropathy” but added the “propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone.”

Did he bother to inform the person administering the vaccine about the peripheral neuropathy?

The vaccines are supposedly safe.

Be the hero of your life.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:17 pm

TheRobotLives wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TheRobotLives wrote:
He did get vaccinated with two shots.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/er ... r-BB1gPT02

Also though, from the article
Clapton noted that he “should’ve never gone near the needle” because of his “peripheral neuropathy” but added the “propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone.”

Did he bother to inform the person administering the vaccine about the peripheral neuropathy?

The vaccines are supposedly safe.

I don't think they meant for people to take that to mean there aren't medical conditions whatsoever in existence that could interact negatively with it.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 3:10 pm

^
Right, I don't know of anybody who said "the vaccines are safe." If you go for a jab they ask you some questions to try to find out if you're somebody who might react badly, and they get you to stick around for a while afterwards so they stand a better chance of sorting it out if you go into allergic shock. It's no secret that they do these things, no secret as to why they do them. Some government-sponsored health professionals have slightly dishonestly said that the key issue is the choice between the risk of the vaccine and the risk of catching Covid-19 unvaccinated, and they've played down the particular risk of the AZ jab (blood clots in a tiny minority of people who get that one), but AFAIK they never categorically said the vaccines are safe.

Eric Clapton is just another person with all kinds of qualities that could be called good or flawed. There was a desk at school on which somebody had carved "Eric Clapton is God," but I don't think anybody actually thought he was, it was just a figurative way of expressing deep admiration for his guitar-playing skills, plus a minor tilt at the scripture lessons and hymns we were forced to take part in. It was a bit of fun, that's all. We probably had a bit of a positive bias about his personality, like most kids do about their favourite musicians, but I expect we all grew out of it, and it's not as if we could have done any harm with whatever false belief we had of him.

Did he influence anybody to do anything dangerous? I hope not. I wish people wouldn't let themselves be influenced by celebrities and politicians. I think it's healthy to listen to what people say about things you're undecided on, but who said it matters less than whether or not it makes sense to you and stands up to testing.

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 4:15 pm

Clapton for president of the world!

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 7:46 pm

Fixxer wrote:
Clapton for president of the world!

You have to explain that one to me.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:53 pm

cyberdad wrote:
A good point to reflect on the words from one of Clapton's songs.

"Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven" "Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven"

Predicted the outcome his own dumb behvaior

Wow .05% chance of dying. Guess he better get his affairs in order.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 12:56 pm

Sounds more like Clapton is more against authoritarian overreach than being "anti-science".

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 7:06 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

"Would you know my name, if I saw you in heaven" "Cause I know I don't belong here in heaven"

Even if Clapton doesn't die from Covid, he could give it to someone else who might die.
No overreach. Just common sense and responsibility.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 7:35 pm

Quote:
Clapton is not God just another flawed person

Hopefully, just a flawed person without "the clap". 8O

Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

People do overreach overreact, imo.
Having said that, I jumped at the chance at getting the jab, *when it was necessary to do so*.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2021, 7:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Mr Reynholm wrote:
cyberdad wrote:

Even if Clapton doesn't die from Covid, he could give it to someone else who might die.
No overreach. Just common sense and responsibility.

People *fully vaccinated* also pass on the virus. 8)

Kraichgauer wrote:

Misquoted.
He actually bragged that he was a *rabbit*.
I think he had a joint in his mouth, at the time. :mrgreen: