Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Archmage
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jul 2005, 4:41 pm

Sheesh... so many things to answer to, and i was only away for 2 days...

[quote"hale_bopp"]I hope you'll be ok. I read somewhere about a guy that went and skateboarded in a hurricane once. When is it due to hit and where? Where do you live?
[/quote]

It was supposed to make landfall Sunday afternoon, sail through the Mid-south (Northeast AR, North MS, West TN, and the MO bootheel... That's the region), and stay around the area for a few days until it died. However, it blew past us in the night and went for Ohio instead. I live in Memphis, which is the tri-state area between Arkansas, Tennessee, and Mississippi... Right smack in the middle of the Mid-south. And yet it passed us. Bad luck. :evil:

[quote"Nomaken"]Archmage wrote:
So what do you think?

Yay! hurricane![/quote]

I was thinking that too. :)

We are planning to go through Tallahassee this weekend on our way to the East Coast of Florida, so we'll see what happened down southaways.

we will make it through,
Here we are, like a star,
shining bright on the world,
Today... Make evil go away!

"Code Lyoko" Theme

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jul 2005, 6:12 pm

i think networks like cnn or the weather channel broadcast hurricanes live like that (even sending their reporters to where the storm is gonna hit), 'cause they know people will be glued to the set all day just so they can see stuff be torn apart, trees going down, buildings or roofs get demolished..THEY WANNA SEE THINGS GET DESTROYED..if nothing was gonna happen, we're not gonna watch, and they know it..while i don't wish bad will on people, i have to admit, if i didn't think anything was going to happen during these live hurricane broadcasts, i probably wouldn't watch, but wouldn't it be something if one of their reporters got blown away?