Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 8:04 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
The quote above reminds me that we're all equal, and no better or worse than any other human on this planet.

Hmm, sentences like this light up my detector of privileged people. Was I right? Are you well off?

Just taking my chance to calibrate it better I guess :3

Money has absolutely nothing to do with that quote. It's about character.

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2021, 12:00 pm

Don't know about love.
But having faced much requiring courage - voluntarily risking even life - I do respect myself.
For me this is enough.

And if I were into comparison with my fellows:
I am indeed well-educated, in a respected profession, and so well-off.
Having started very low, the privilege I enjoy today has been hard-earned.

Not saying I am better than anyone; but that I have solidly earned my place.

And I discern nothing wrong in recognizing that.

(edit: this last bit to assist StrayCat81 in calibration :D )

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2021, 4:54 pm

I have to.
Some parts of me don't though.
It's about integrating those parts into a whole person again.

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:05 pm

More or less - ups and downs!

Crystal1414
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2021, 11:37 pm

I find it hard to accept myself sometimes. Other days I embrace myself. Some days I feel like Im a burden and other days I feel like I contribute to society.

CinderashAutomaton
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Aug 2021, 6:48 am

I... have a lot of strong feelings about myself.

I don't want to bring everyone down so I won't mention the negative stuff.

I love my intellectuality. I love my fastidious nature. I love my tenacity. I love my sense of responsibility and integrity. I love the care I feel for those under my guardianship. I love my sense of humor. I love lamp. I love my musical inclination. I love my sexuality. I love my athletic instincts. I love my open-mindedness and curiousity. I love my love-affair with words.

Thanks for making this thread StrayCat81. It's reminded me that I still have a fair bit I still love about myself.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2021, 9:04 pm

I don't necessarily love myself. I do however love certain qualities and attributes that I have. Such as trying my best to be considerate and accomodating of others wants though not necessarily their needs. I know I don't love or care for myself as best as should cause in the last several years I have had every valuable relationship torn away from me and followed around with nothing except negatives. It's not a judgement on peoples intentions but a fd up purpose which entails one to be void from anything that is capable of bringing happiness. I may have destroyed many relationships but god (yes actual god) knows that I am not the person preventing my want to repair things..

Really holds true and the time taken away from me can't get me back what I've lost in seeing my children.

Do you think anyone has the right to play god with someone's life?
Warp their sense of self?
Destroy them by way of mouth to others?
Stalk and humiliate them?
Take away their will to live?
Lie and manipulate to them?
Use tactics to get them to comply with their wants? Like fear and getting them to break the law and possibly be left with criminal records?
Mass attacked being labeled a ret*d f**kwit shitcunt by people I don't even know
These are only a few examples..

These are all reasons why I no longer love myself.

If the above was REAL and it was YOU! Would you want to kill yourself everyday too?

100 percent!

Your thoughts?

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 5:34 am

I neeed love! :(

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2021, 5:49 am

You should regard yourself as better than the fuckwits who spend all their spare time attacking others just for their amusement.

I’ve been called all sorts of name by people who don’t even KNOW me. Big deal. It’s THEIR problem, not mine.

StrayCat81
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Aug 2021, 5:51 am

Danusaurus wrote:

What stops you from giving yourself some love? What nice and kind thing you could do for yourself? :3

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 2:31 am

Well good news. In the last day, my support worker explained things in a very clear way.. I actually know now he cares about my welfare. I was probably clutching at straws with the original message.. I have had some loving and caring words and conversation with my mom and to be honest it feels really awesome as I have felt unlovable for quite some time and felt people I interact with had to like me by default though I was probably viewing this incorrectly. I'm somewhat relived and feel much less suicidal ..
Maybe I do deserve some love and the help to better my life overall.

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 2:36 am

StrayCat81 wrote:
Danusaurus wrote:

What stops you from giving yourself some love? What nice and kind thing you could do for yourself? :3

I guess I kinda have to bounce my feelings off someone I trust which is completely limited in whom I interact with in order to validate my feelings once I have that I guess learning more skills and identifying my feelings and emotions then I can work on my self view. I came across a self esteem chart but have not yet started it but I'm sure it can only be helpful for me as I really struggle with the way I see myself and others think of me.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 3:50 am

Of course I love myself. I can list all the reasons but I don't think I need reasons to love myself. It brings great comfort at difficult times, knowing that even if nobody understand me or cared, I'm strong inside and can handle things. I don't need drugs, alcohol or carbs to feel good about myself, which probably saved a lot of money. :D I don't need approval or validation from others, either. Being me simply feels good. :D

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:56 pm

StrayCat81 wrote:
What kind of love? What do you love about yourself?

If not, what would need to happen for you to love yourself?

I do since I'm my own best friend, I feel safe with myself and I try my best to take care of myself. Maybe it even counts as romantic? I definitely have a lot of warm and cute feels about myself, although I have nothing to compare it to.

Anyway, how about you? :3

Err I am ok with myself but I do have certain habits that are f*****g up my existence.

I am happy that you take care of yourself. Please keep doing this.

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2021, 11:57 pm

y-pod wrote:
Of course I love myself. I can list all the reasons but I don't think I need reasons to love myself. It brings great comfort at difficult times, knowing that even if nobody understand me or cared, I'm strong inside and can handle things. I don't need drugs, alcohol or carbs to feel good about myself, which probably saved a lot of money. :D I don't need approval or validation from others, either. Being me simply feels good. :D

meh the alcohol acts as a respite from the NT way of being...just woahhhhh

not criticising but their world is so different to mine it is freaky to me

ick

Earthbound_Alien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2021, 12:00 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You should regard yourself as better than the fuckwits who spend all their spare time attacking others just for their amusement.

No but their behaviour causes suffering and pain that does not need to exist....it is more heart breaking than anything