Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Danusaurus
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 6:44 pm

Earthbound_Alien wrote:
StrayCat81 wrote:
What kind of love? What do you love about yourself?

If not, what would need to happen for you to love yourself?

I do since I'm my own best friend, I feel safe with myself and I try my best to take care of myself. Maybe it even counts as romantic? I definitely have a lot of warm and cute feels about myself, although I have nothing to compare it to.

Anyway, how about you? :3

Err I am ok with myself but I do have certain habits that are f*****g up my existence.

I am happy that you take care of yourself. Please keep doing this.

What kind of habits :P

atticusphere
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Aug 2021, 9:51 pm

this is sort of a loaded question for me. because yes, but also no. there are things I really can't stand about myself. but there are things that I am very proud of. I suppose it depends on the day and my mood.

Blueberry_Muffin
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Aug 2021, 11:28 am

I like myself because when I used to not like myself, I often found myself getting depressed. I'm still the social recluse I am, but since I no longer hate myself, I can embrace it.

Lost_dragon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 5:28 pm

I tend to view it as two categories on an axis. The first being the overall idea of oneself in theory. Whereas, the other relates to how you act in practice. Sometimes these two points are far apart, I may catch myself behaving in ways that no longer fit how I typically view myself. I believe that this is normal to some degree, as my perspective of the world and of myself in turn develops gradually as I gain life experience. There are times where I will assess this disconnect and either my behaviour will change, or how I view myself will adjust accordingly. Of course, there will be moments where I don't have an easy answer, where I will be consumed by chaos momentarily.

Yet there are also moments where how I view myself and my external life are in perfect sync. They are comforting, almost blissful, bordering on bizarre. It is a feeling that is difficult for me to describe.

Sometimes I enjoy being myself and I like the idea of myself, I am content with who I am and I am perfectly happy. However, there are also days where I dislike myself and would rather be someone else. It is significantly in flux, yet it is weirdly solid at times. Like a substance that stretches and can be moulded under the right conditions, but is otherwise typically solid and defined.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2021, 5:33 pm

Lost_dragon wrote:
I tend to view it as two categories on an axis. The first being the overall idea of oneself in theory. Whereas, the other relates to how you act in practice. Sometimes these two points are far apart, I may catch myself behaving in ways that no longer fit how I typically view myself. I believe that this is normal to some degree, as my perspective of the world and of myself in turn develops gradually as I gain life experience. There are times where I will assess this disconnect and either my behaviour will change, or how I view myself will adjust accordingly. Of course, there will be moments where I don't have an easy answer, where I will be consumed by chaos momentarily.

Yet there are also moments where how I view myself and my external life are in perfect sync. They are comforting, almost blissful, bordering on bizarre. It is a feeling that is difficult for me to describe.

Sometimes I enjoy being myself and I like the idea of myself, I am content with who I am and I am perfectly happy. However, there are also days where I dislike myself and would rather be someone else. It is significantly in flux, yet it is weirdly solid at times. Like a substance that stretches and can be moulded under the right conditions, but is otherwise typically solid and defined.

I relate to this so much. When the idea of myself in my head and my behavior matches it makes me feel happy and peaceful. But other times i feel like i am not able to express myself and feel imprisoned in my body.