Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

W1ll3m
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Jul 2021, 11:08 am

Hey there,

I've already started participating in some of the wordgames here, but it's probably decent to introduce myself properly, so here goes:

I'm W1ll3em, you can call me Will if you like, or just WL for short.
I'm dutch, living in The Netherlands, in the provence of Gelderland (with the G pronounced as if you have something stuck in your throat).
I'll be turning 40 this year, which is not as big a deal as I try to deny that it is. So I'm probably not going to celebrate it.
I'm married to a great woman with South American roots, so nice and passionate. We have a gorgeous boy, now seven years old, that has a fantastic personality: funny, loving, helpful, strong sense of justice, always happy. Oh, and he might have ADHD, which could explain why he drives me insane at least once a day with talking as if there's no tomorrow, preferably while dancing and whiggling through the room and across the furniture.

I myself am diagnosed with ADD and autism (previously Aspergers).
I've worked for eighteen years in around twenty-something jobs, even had my own business for a few years, until I got rejected from the workforce and live on disability for around five years now.
Although I do miss working every day, I'm relieved not to have to deal with people, deadlines and alarm clocks anymore.

Anyway, I'm here because I like not being the only one struggling with the things many of us struggle with. I also like playing games, venting when I have a sh*tty day and sharing my joy when not.
I enjoy looking for humour in everything and I do mean everything. So being offended is a risk that is tied to being around me. I'm not above apologizing when I took it too far, although it may take me some time to understand why there's a problem.
I do my best to treat everyone with respect, and it is with that respect that I shall now end this post so you can stop reading.

A_minor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 Jul 2021, 12:06 pm

Hallootjes uit Zuid-Holland :)

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 5:03 pm

Welcome to Wrong Planet! :)

W1ll3m
Butterfly
Butterfly

28 Jul 2021, 6:26 am

Thanks guys!

A_minor: Oorspronkelijk kom ik uit Zuid-Holland, gewoond in Delft, Leidschendam, Schiedam en Zoetermeer. Vorig jaar zijn we verhuisd.
Leuk dat er ook wat Nederlanders zijn hier! :D

aquafelix
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:31 am

Welcome

A_minor
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2021, 4:49 pm

Geboren Hagenees, nu een simpele randstedeling.

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 5:34 am

welcome!

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

differentpage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

29 Jul 2021, 8:59 pm

Hey!

I go too far on the humor sometimes too. I think I've learned to be more careful but sometimes it just seems what I just thought of is too good not to be said immediately. Often-- WRONG.
Asperger's, or whatever we're going to call it now, is supposed to come with a difficulty in seeing things from the other person's perspective.

Double Retired
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 5:51 pm

Welcome to WP! And, I agree...I think if you look hard enough you can find humor a lot of places.
(I'm proud that I once got my bride to laugh while she was incapacitated in a hospital emergency room and they did not know what the problem was!)