Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 4:01 pm

CNN

Quote:
The "Prison Break" star said on Instagram, "This isn't something I'd change ... immediately being autistic is central to who I am. To everything I've achieved/articulated."

He did not include a picture alongside the caption, and instead posted a blank white square. He continued: "This fall marks 1 year since I received my informal autism diagnosis. Preceded by a self-diagnosis. Followed by a formal diagnosis. It was a long, flawed process in need of updating. IMO. I'm a middle-aged man. Not a 5-year-old."

Miller wrote that he knows "access to a diagnosis is a privilege many do not enjoy," and that the diagnosis was "a shock" but "not a surprise."

"I don't know enough about autism. (There's a lot to know.)," he wrote. "Right now my work looks like evolving my understanding. Re-examining 5 decades of lived experience thru a new lens."

Meanwhile, he adds, "I don't want to run the risk of suddenly being a loud, ill-informed voice in the room. The #autistic community (this I do know) has historically been talked over. Spoken for. I don't wish to do additional harm. Only to raise my hand, say, 'I am here.' Have been (w/o realizing it)."

Welcome.

I like his intro to our community. I like his humbleness, such a rare commodity these days.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 7:54 am

His coming out has recieved significant attention including this New York TV news report where Dr. Kerry Magro is quoted.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm

In the back of my mind I always knew he was too cute to be NT

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Oct 2021, 5:08 am

That's cool! Oh my gosh!

Offset
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Oct 2021, 5:43 am

Always thought he reminded me of Steve McQueen reincarnated, just by his appearance, personality, behavior, voice, mannerisms. Was always a Wentworth fan from his Prison Break days. Very handsome man. Yes. :heart: