Veteran

31 Aug 2021, 2:01 pm

*sips red bull*

Islam.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 3:54 pm

Do you guys know what keeps me standing through all of America's turmoil? FAITH! Not in God, not in any of our leaders, In MYSELF!" :ninja:

♤ The Military

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 4:00 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Do you guys know what keeps me standing through all of America's turmoil? FAITH! Not in God, not in any of our leaders, In MYSELF!" :ninja:

When did you become a Laveyan Satanist?

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 4:02 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:

When did you become a Laveyan Satanist?

Actually I was quoting Daenerys Targaryen. :lol:

I actually believe in all Gods, and some I like less than others like the Christ God for example. But that's just me. :D

♤ The Military

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 6:07 pm

I don't think most AS people are religious and many of them including myself believe in science until proven otherwise.
Although the bible got many things right historically, confirmed only from the "historical books"/"prophets" of the old testament onwards, conveniently all the "god"/supernatural related stuff cannot be proved and is probably either allegorical, fictitious or can be simply attributed to natural phenomena

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 6:27 pm

Chummy wrote:
I don't think most AS people are religious and many of them including myself believe in science until proven otherwise.
Although the bible got many things right historically, confirmed only from the "historical books"/"prophets" of the old testament onwards, conveniently all the "god"/supernatural related stuff cannot be proved and is probably either allegorical, fictitious or can be simply attributed to natural phenomena

I'm a rare breed of Aspie who believes in the Occult. And you know why? Because the Ancients and those in power didn't just believe in this stuff, they were living it. If one actually pays attention to the minor hidden symbology in everything from the Goddess Columbia being created out of 'Virgin'ia and 'Mary'land (Virgin Mary) to the roses of Yorkshire and Lancaster forming the 5 petal Tudor Rose that looks like a pentagram one can see how this stuff was connected and incorporated into everything in our governments. 8)

♤ The Military

Chummy
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 6:50 pm

King0fSpades wrote:
Chummy wrote:

I'm a rare breed of Aspie who believes in the Occult. And you know why? Because the Ancients and those in power didn't just believe in this stuff, they were living it. If one actually pays attention to the minor hidden symbology in everything from the Goddess Columbia being created out of 'Virgin'ia and 'Mary'land (Virgin Mary) to the roses of Yorkshire and Lancaster forming the 5 petal Tudor Rose that looks like a pentagram one can see how this stuff was connected and incorporated into everything in our governments. 8)

I know nothing of the Occult and couldn't make sense of your writing in terms of being enlightened in any way, but I respect anyone's right to believe in anything. In fact, I find it interesting and essential that we as humans have a variety of views. The world would be boring if everyone worshipped the same Krishna/Allah/Stalin/Spaghetti Monster etc.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Sep 2021, 6:58 pm

Chummy wrote:
King0fSpades wrote:
Chummy wrote:

I know nothing of the Occult and couldn't make sense of your writing in terms of being enlightened in any way, but I respect anyone's right to believe in anything. In fact, I find it interesting and essential that we as humans have a variety of views. The world would be boring if everyone worshipped the same Krishna/Allah/Stalin/Spaghetti Monster etc.

Well before shutting your mind completely at least allow me a chance to 'enlighten' you so that you at least have an idea of what I am talking about. :flower:

https://hroarr.com/article/the-rose-and-the-pentagram/

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/soci ... ondc09.htm

♤ The Military

culturedmeat
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

30 Sep 2021, 2:52 am

Atheism!

If I had to pick one, definitely Taoism or a more philosophical sect of Buddhism. Abrahamics are laughable.

The meme religions like Satanism or FSM are cringe, very 2010.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Sep 2021, 3:17 am

Barchan wrote:
*sips red bull*

Islam.

I would never have guessed :lol:

AliceCooper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Sep 2021, 4:33 am

samuraivader wrote:
I don't think Abrahamic faiths work in us. Their personal God and their belief rigidity don't fit into an Asperger mindset.

But I wonder, do you know a religious tradition that fits better to us? I am curious about the Eastern approaches.

Roman Catholicism helped me out a lot! And we have a priest? Can you believe it, my goodness? Look up, Matthew P. Schneider!

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Oct 2021, 4:17 pm

Religions that show the most spirituality. Jesus was rejected and messed with by a lot of people kinda like a lot of us. He was very gifted though like us even if we cannot match up to his level of power. Also he came into this world as a special (in a great way) individual like us too. So this is my opinion.

browneyedgirlslowingdown
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Oct 2021, 9:29 pm

I can't remember if I wrote here already, but I think Buddhism is great. Specifically Zen or Theravada. Maybe Tibetan too. With that said, it depends on the person. Shrug.

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 50 of 200
You are very likely on the broader autism cluster (Aspie)
Systemising Quotient (SQ) 78
Empathy Quotient (EQ) 41
CAT-Q 156 Compensation 56 Masking 48 Assimilation 52

Dial1194
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Oct 2021, 3:40 am

I've always found atheism to be the simplest option. No need to keep track of deities, or semi-deities, or rituals, or things you're supposed to do (or not do) for religious reasons.

After all, what was the saying? "Out of 3000 religions, everyone's an atheist about 2,999 of them. What's one more?"

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 10:49 pm

Dial1194 wrote:
I've always found atheism to be the simplest option. No need to keep track of deities, or semi-deities, or rituals, or things you're supposed to do (or not do) for religious reasons.

After all, what was the saying? "Out of 3000 religions, everyone's an atheist about 2,999 of them. What's one more?"

Yes I strongly suspect that most religions were designed for people who didn't see much of the rest of the world, rather like the social rules of a particular locality (and I also suspect that their religious beliefs are constructed from their social mores rather than it being the other way round like they often say they are). Inward-looking societies with no interest in other cultures often seem to think their own ways are the only valid ways, because they've never seen anything different. But anybody who travels or looks around the globe notices that there are many different sets of social rules that seem to work as well as any rules do, and they may begin to wonder, "why would the place I happened to be born in be the only one that's got it right?"

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2021, 11:00 pm

Dial1194 wrote:

Exactly, I just disbelieve in one more (less?) god than monotheists. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う