Page 1 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

samuraivader
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Jul 2021, 9:59 pm

I don't think Abrahamic faiths work in us. Their personal God and their belief rigidity don't fit into an Asperger mindset.

But I wonder, do you know a religious tradition that fits better to us? I am curious about the Eastern approaches.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2021, 11:58 pm

Have you considered worshipping Cthulhu?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:47 am

Why not just do potent psychedelics and ask the entities directly?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:54 am

goldfish21 wrote:

Not everyone's ready to meet the Great Old Ones for realz.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:58 am

funeralxempire wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Not everyone's ready to meet the Great Old Ones for realz.

I haven't quite yet even.. well, I mean, I've megadosed psilocybin & done lsd etc - just have yet to meet Dimitri. I will, though.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:10 am

The Jedi philosophy would be most compatible

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 1:23 am

Well, my impression is that "no religion" seems to be the most prevalent here on WP.

I am personally fond of several aspects of both Mahayana Buddhism and Daoism, but I don't really see a reason to subscribe to "the whole package" of any belief system.

And one can find rigid fundamentalists advocating violence even among Buddhists, if one looks hard enough.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 5:09 am

Aspergers and belief rigidity…sounds like Abrahamic faith is perfect for us! :lol:

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 5:13 am

AngelRho wrote:
Aspergers and belief rigidity…sounds like Abrahamic faith is perfect for us! :lol:

Enki will be pleased

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:49 am

Probably depends on the autistic person...

I find Satanism most suitable, TST(the satanic temple) specifically don't want to be confused for the church of satan type as I don't care much for that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 8:53 am

Fnordism.

Have a superficial interest in rituals and secondary religious doctrine, and just show up for the lulz.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 9:26 am

Word on the street is that some enterprising young fellow in California has just started a new cult that worships Jeff Bezos. You might want to give it a look.

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 12:25 pm

I think we can make just about any religion work for us. It's all about how you relate to the faith in question.

I think organized religion does not work as well for us as it does NT's: frequent social interaction, sometimes rigid structure and worship, worshipping in groups, being preached to, being asked to confirm to a specific set of doctrines--a sort of one-size-fits-all for the congregation. One-size-fits-all tends to not work for us when it mainly accommodates NT's.
I've considered getting back into religion, and Christianity (and Abrahamic religions in general) seem more appealing when I explore it on my own without a preacher or congregation to try and pressure me into believing one thing or another.

Maybe being a hermit or a mystic is more suitable for those of us on the spectrum? Just contemplating the divine alone, without having NT's and their organizations yelling in your ear.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2021, 4:51 pm

None.
I don't get atheism though.
Creation is good, destruction is evil.
If I had to choose a religion that has influenced me most it's Hinduism because it bridges the gap between the ethereal and science for me. It is also tolerant of other religions.
I was born Catholic no offence to anyone but i lost faith in secondary school, not enough proof.
Sad to say, ecstasy catalysed my re-discovery in a faith in Divinity.
While everyone else danced and hugged, I danced but thought of deep spiritual stuff and weird trippy stuff.

AngelRho
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2021, 5:42 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
I think we can make just about any religion work for us. It's all about how you relate to the faith in question.

I think organized religion does not work as well for us as it does NT's: frequent social interaction, sometimes rigid structure and worship, worshipping in groups, being preached to, being asked to confirm to a specific set of doctrines--a sort of one-size-fits-all for the congregation. One-size-fits-all tends to not work for us when it mainly accommodates NT's.
I've considered getting back into religion, and Christianity (and Abrahamic religions in general) seem more appealing when I explore it on my own without a preacher or congregation to try and pressure me into believing one thing or another.

Maybe being a hermit or a mystic is more suitable for those of us on the spectrum? Just contemplating the divine alone, without having NT's and their organizations yelling in your ear.

You make some excellent points.

I prefer organized meetings, and I think it’s good for everyone on the spectrum for one single reason: Corporate solidarity. There’s also strength in numbers combined with feeling included and valued. I’m not saying this to convince you to start going to any certain church or follow any specific doctrine, just that I do think even if you struggle with social interaction those elements of Christian practice are worth going to church.

It’s very important to have a personal religion outside any organization. Again, corporate solidarity, but I think one’s personal relationship with God as an individual is more important than conformity to a group.

diagnosedafter50
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2021, 6:27 pm

:heart:

roronoa79 wrote:

:heart: