Page 3 of 9 [ 140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next

W1ll3m
Butterfly
Butterfly

29 Jul 2021, 4:16 pm

Non-dualism works for me. Also known as 'advaita', meaning 'the absence of two'.

AngelL
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2021, 4:42 pm

The_Znof wrote:
Christianity in its natural state is far closer to Zen than Church Christianity is.

That could be why Kierkegaard found readers in Japan before he did in Europe.

Im not saying this makes Christianity suitable for us,

Just more so than the Churchy version.

I couldn't agree more.

I'd go so far as to say that someone turning to the Bible to find the Christian God is sort of like a progressive turning to Fox to get their news.

And regarding your signature line... The shirt I have on right now says ,"Auto-correct can go to he'll" which almost speaks to the topic as well. lol

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:12 am

The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I haven't quite yet even.. well, I mean, I've megadosed psilocybin & done lsd etc - just have yet to meet Dimitri. I will, though.

Two Words - salvia divinorum.

Its really hard to get the dose right - but too low is far better than too high.

Once I got it right, and met two Great Old Ones for realz. - they were coming out of my wall.

I wanted to play around with mini and micro dose, for the medz, but then it got hard to find.

Someday, perhaps. DMT is the one on my to do list. I have very easy access to some, I just haven't opted to do it yet. Might do it sooner rather than later.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:24 am

ToughDiamond wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I don't know if there is any specific religion that's "more suitable" for people with ASD. I'm personally an atheist, and some people consider atheism a "religion", but I don't think it is? I'm not religious at all which is why I'm atheist.

I did try to read the Bible and give Christianity another shot, but I didn't agree with or believe most of what I read, and can't really get myself to believe in "God".

Two aspects that I can point you in the right direction here. The first is that if it is hard going, there is something wrong. This is my experience as Jesus said "My yoke is easy and my burden is light". My experience is this is true. Most of the problem is that we can try too hard where all that is needed is to just believe........

Looks like you're suggesting the impossible.

EDIT: Sorry, the matter is already resolved I see. Didn't know that when I posted.

Just wanted to add my sister is a Christian too and someone once said to her when she was explaining something that her beliefs seemed to be based a bit too much on reason and not enough on belief.

She thought that was amusing. I don't know if that's an NT thing, but we like digging into things. Like when reading ask: Who was this, why did they say that, what were the circumstances, what did people believe at the time, why was what Jesus said to them radical to them? We find that interesting. Sometimes she messages me with random little thoughts which I quite like.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 4:49 am

hurtloam wrote:
She thought that was amusing. I don't know if that's an NT thing, but we like digging into things. Like when reading ask: Who was this, why did they say that, what were the circumstances, what did people believe at the time, why was what Jesus said to them radical to them? We find that interesting.

I do the same with the star wars universe. Dig.

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 5:08 am

cyberdad wrote:
hurtloam wrote:
She thought that was amusing. I don't know if that's an NT thing, but we like digging into things. Like when reading ask: Who was this, why did they say that, what were the circumstances, what did people believe at the time, why was what Jesus said to them radical to them? We find that interesting.

You know what's funny. I started getting into Star Wars videos on YouTube and learning more about the characters and background and it felt very similar lol. I think it's a special interest thing. It's really enjoyable putting all the pieces together and building a picture.

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 5:39 am

Individualism, if it can be classified as a religion, would probably speak true to the average Aspie.

Problem is, majority of people (NTs) don't abide by it, and we're subject to their group-think bias.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 10:00 am

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
Individualism, if it can be classified as a religion, would probably speak true to the average Aspie.

Problem is, majority of people (NTs) don't abide by it, and we're subject to their group-think bias.

How do you differentiate 'Individualism," from other religions like Satanism? Basically just curious if what you mean is Satanism but you don't actually know what Satanism is.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 10:27 am

hurtloam wrote:
Just wanted to add my sister is a Christian too and someone once said to her when she was explaining something that her beliefs seemed to be based a bit too much on reason and not enough on belief.

She thought that was amusing. I don't know if that's an NT thing, but we like digging into things. Like when reading ask: Who was this, why did they say that, what were the circumstances, what did people believe at the time, why was what Jesus said to them radical to them? We find that interesting. Sometimes she messages me with random little thoughts which I quite like.

A friend of mine was once accused, during an argument (not about religion AFAIK), of "hiding behind the facts." :roll:

I know it's possible to forsake the wonderful world of feelings and art by focussing too strongly on reason, and I don't approve of doing so, but I approve even less of permanently forsaking the world of reason, assuming that's even possible for a sane person. Rather a nerd than a lunatic.

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 11:46 am

goldfish21 wrote:
The_Znof wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

I haven't quite yet even.. well, I mean, I've megadosed psilocybin & done lsd etc - just have yet to meet Dimitri. I will, though.

Two Words - salvia divinorum.

Its really hard to get the dose right - but too low is far better than too high.

Once I got it right, and met two Great Old Ones for realz. - they were coming out of my wall.

I wanted to play around with mini and micro dose, for the medz, but then it got hard to find.

Someday, perhaps. DMT is the one on my to do list. I have very easy access to some, I just haven't opted to do it yet. Might do it sooner rather than later.

me too, along with MDA, MDMA, and PCP. :skull:

thats right, I have been tripping since before ye were ever thought of, and have never run into MDMA.

Not even sure MDMA is on topic, well s**t, Ill make it on topic.

here is a good un for us!

Rumor has it that we are all about Apollo, but I'm not seeing that here :twisted:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

30 Jul 2021, 12:11 pm

! Cornflake wrote:
Please don't turn this thread into a discussion about or a promotion of illicit drugs.

While there is some leeway with permissible conversation on illegal drugs, it's not large; there's a narrow border between that and posts looking more like a promotion.

Of course, what you discuss via PM is your own business. :wink:

The_Znof
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 12:20 pm

Understood, while I dont mean to promote anything, only talk to like minded people, I see how the thread could trainwreak and make a mods life tougher than required.

I will promote this Deity though, if I may.

I think this may be a Dionysian statement?

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:38 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

How do you differentiate 'Individualism," from other religions like Satanism? Basically just curious if what you mean is Satanism but you don't actually know what Satanism is.

I think I have a copy of the LaVey book somewhere. As I recall, there were some attributes of individualism, but a lot of it seemed to be concerned with hedonism and self-indulgence and a bit of ego 'I'm superior to others.'

I was talking more about the concept of Live and Let Live (which I think Satanism espouses to an extent). Now, I'm not so much concerned with 'destroying my enemies,' or convincing myself I'm better than others. What I've found in life, and we see many Aspies talking about it on this forum, is that many NTs aren't truly individualistic the way an Aspies is more inclined to be. They seem, collectively, more influenced by (and happy to participate in) tribalism and group-think.

My notion of individualism is a world where it's not cut-throat/every man for himself. Rather, I am me, I respect the rights of others to exist, and I'm not interested in ostracizing, demonizing, bullying, or going after the outsider, as the outsider is an individual in his own right.

Most NTs do not abide by individualism in this fashion. They may claim to, but create a social environment and their true nature naturally comes into play. LaVey talked about destroying enemies of the individual; in real life, it seems like competition and teaming up on the outliers in common human practice. Groups "destroy" the odd one out, simply for being the odd one out.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 3:59 pm

We've Had The Same Patio Door Knob
And Latch Now For Nearly 28 Years

Come This October since 1993

Oh Lord It Broke

Got Stuck in

The Hole And We Spent

Hours Prying it Out; More
Specifically, The Handy Woman
Next Door and my Wife Did While

i Continued to Write, Hehe; Anyway,

This Is What May Happen to Folks Who Fit

Into Tradition of Culture, Religion, or Work
Too Well In Golden Handcuffs Of Federal Employment

Too Waiting For the Golden Watch Bundle of ReTiReMeNT

Benefits at the End of Wherever The Circus Ride You Come
To Find Out You Have No Way Out Takes ya Next No Longer

If

Ever

Truly

Otherwise

Outcast and Free

For the Ones the Unwanted
Toys NoBody Else Wants Part
Of Their Group Think of Religion,
School, Work, Yes Overall Culture Now

In Short And Shorts, i'm Glad i'm Not A Broken Door
Knob Like i Was Before; Machine Parts Much Easier to Repair...

And

Now

i'm Totally Free...

It's Hard to Be Free

As A Door Knob Forever
Part of A Door SeaLeD iN A Living Cocoon...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 3:16 am

hurtloam wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
hurtloam wrote:

You know what's funny. I started getting into Star Wars videos on YouTube and learning more about the characters and background and it felt very similar lol. I think it's a special interest thing. It's really enjoyable putting all the pieces together and building a picture.

There's a lot I like about the Jedi religion (or philosophy). We have a census coming up and I'm tempted to put jedi on my religion.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 1:41 pm

ezbzbfcg2 wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
ezbzbfcg2 wrote:

I think I have a copy of the LaVey book somewhere. As I recall, there were some attributes of individualism, but a lot of it seemed to be concerned with hedonism and self-indulgence and a bit of ego 'I'm superior to others.'

I was talking more about the concept of Live and Let Live (which I think Satanism espouses to an extent). Now, I'm not so much concerned with 'destroying my enemies,' or convincing myself I'm better than others. What I've found in life, and we see many Aspies talking about it on this forum, is that many NTs aren't truly individualistic the way an Aspies is more inclined to be. They seem, collectively, more influenced by (and happy to participate in) tribalism and group-think.

My notion of individualism is a world where it's not cut-throat/every man for himself. Rather, I am me, I respect the rights of others to exist, and I'm not interested in ostracizing, demonizing, bullying, or going after the outsider, as the outsider is an individual in his own right.

Most NTs do not abide by individualism in this fashion. They may claim to, but create a social environment and their true nature naturally comes into play. LaVey talked about destroying enemies of the individual; in real life, it seems like competition and teaming up on the outliers in common human practice. Groups "destroy" the odd one out, simply for being the odd one out.

I see. Yeah, I suppose I'm more the way you describe than hyper competitive for the sake of combating others to prove superiority.

I haven't read LaVey's bible, but I did read the book he plagiarized to write it. "Might is Right," by Ragnar Redbeard. It's also one of the most racist texts ever written.. besides the self reliant philosophy, it is extremely heavily "white is right." That part is toxic mind pollution so I do caution against reading it unless you're willing to do a lot of self work to undo those teachings.