Anyone Keeping Up With the January 6th Riot?

Page 22 of 23 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 1:36 pm

I saw some Anderson Cooper interview with the Governor lady from Michigan talking about federal and state charges for the fake electors that created counterfeit documents they signed and sent to every appropriate government agency & the national archives etc claiming to be the rightful electors blah blah blah - sounds like more charges are coming for all involved! :D

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 6:14 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
I saw some Anderson Cooper interview with the Governor lady from Michigan talking about federal and state charges for the fake electors that created counterfeit documents they signed and sent to every appropriate government agency & the national archives etc claiming to be the rightful electors blah blah blah - sounds like more charges are coming for all involved!
A group of Michigan Republicans who signed forged documents to vote for Donald Trump in the state could face federal criminal charges, according to Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel on Thursday (2022-01-13).

The fake document was signed by 16 people, many of whom would have been called upon to cast their state’s electoral vote to Mr. Trump, who won the popular vote in Michigan on 2020-11-03.  After being denied entry to the State Capitol in Lansing, the group faked signatures on fake documents outside the building.  The counterfeit certificates were then sent to the National Archives, which rejected them and informed Michigan officials about the forgery.

On 2021-01-06, Biden’s Electoral College won.

Most Recent Source (which could change):
 This Granthshala News Article 

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 7:12 pm

Fnord wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:
I saw some Anderson Cooper interview with the Governor lady from Michigan talking about federal and state charges for the fake electors that created counterfeit documents they signed and sent to every appropriate government agency & the national archives etc claiming to be the rightful electors blah blah blah - sounds like more charges are coming for all involved!
A group of Michigan Republicans who signed forged documents to vote for Donald Trump in the state could face federal criminal charges, according to Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel on Thursday (2022-01-13).

The fake document was signed by 16 people, many of whom would have been called upon to cast their state’s electoral vote to Mr. Trump, who won the popular vote in Michigan on 2020-11-03.  After being denied entry to the State Capitol in Lansing, the group faked signatures on fake documents outside the building.  The counterfeit certificates were then sent to the National Archives, which rejected them and informed Michigan officials about the forgery.

On 2021-01-06, Biden’s Electoral College won.

Most Recent Source (which could change):
 This Granthshala News Article 

Why am I getting the feeling that people are generally just feeling apathetic about this?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 7:28 pm

because enough of them know the battle against fascism is lost, and are getting ready to adapt to it, to collaborate. history may not exactly repeat itself, but it surely rhymes.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 8:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
because enough of them know the battle against fascism is lost, and are getting ready to adapt to it, to collaborate. history may not exactly repeat itself, but it surely rhymes.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 8:11 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

i'm glad i'm close to the exit so i can blow this hick country.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 10:30 pm

"Fascism!" "Fascism!" Cried the boy, but the villagers did not come, as they had grown wary of being tricked by another false alarm...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 10:48 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Not too close, I hope. We all need our Aunt Blabby.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 10:56 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

awwwww thank you :heart: you make up for the people here who don't care for me. :bounce:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 11:08 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

awwwww thank you :heart: you make up for the people here who don't care for me. :bounce:

8)

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 3:39 pm

Ex-cop who assaulted police represents himself, loses Hard as he should have an gets the longest sentence yet; 10 years:

https://god.dailydot.com/ex-cop-january-6-sentence/

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 3:44 pm

Leader of the proud boys lawyer is ducking out so he can represent himself:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/enrique- ... 6be045661e

This is probably a recipe for him going to jail for a very long time, possibly being convicted of seditious conspiracy..

I know if I were that dirtbag I wouldn’t want to not have legal representation. Article doesn’t really say who’s choice it is but it makes it sound like the lawyer hasn’t even really had any communication with the guy and is quitting vs being fired by his client. If I were a criminal defence lawyer I wouldn’t want this guy as my client, either.. like, it’s pretty clear he did the thing and any lawyering would just be to try to minimize his sentence - which is I guess what a lot of lawyers do for a living.. but still, kind of hard to defend the indefensible.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 3:48 pm

Dox47 wrote:
"Fascism!" "Fascism!" Cried the boy, but the villagers did not come, as they had grown wary of being tricked by another false alarm...

No. Its like crying "water is wet! water is wet!"

Or crying "most bachelors are single men!"

Saying that a cult that is still trying to steal a legit election for their cult leader is a "threat to democracy" is just stating the obvious. In fact it's a tautology.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 4:40 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
Dox47 wrote:

No. Its like crying "water is wet! water is wet!"

Or crying "most bachelors are single men!"

Saying that a cult that is still trying to steal a legit election for their cult leader is a "threat to democracy" is just stating the obvious. In fact it's a tautology.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 4:46 pm

goldfish21 wrote:
Ex-cop who assaulted police represents himself, loses Hard as he should have an gets the longest sentence yet; 10 years:

Huzzahs! Hopefully, everyone he's locked up with will know he was an ex cop. I'd imagine that former law enforcement status of his will make him radioactive to even the Aryan Brotherhood, or anyone else who might have otherwise seen him as a hero.

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2022, 4:58 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
goldfish21 wrote:

Huzzahs! Hopefully, everyone he's locked up with will know he was an ex cop. I'd imagine that former law enforcement status of his will make him radioactive to even the Aryan Brotherhood, or anyone else who might have otherwise seen him as a hero.

I doubt the bolded part.. this particular cop complained about being locked up with "inner city," criminals. (black people.) And we all know the reputation of *American law enforcement being tangled up with white supremacists, sooo.. that may be where he finds himself right at home and protected in prison.

*The history of Canadian law enforcement isn't much better. They were formed to slaughter Indigenous people and still have racial biases today.