Anyone Keeping Up With the January 6th Riot?

Page 18 of 23 [ 364 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 23  Next

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 8:24 pm

Nope!

The second photo with the noose makes it abundantly clear what they wanted to do if they got their hands on Nancy Pelosi or AOC.

Remember there are senators in the GOP who are still defending these thugs as peaceful protestors.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 11:24 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Nope!

The second photo with the noose makes it abundantly clear what they wanted to do if they got their hands on Nancy Pelosi or AOC.

Remember there are senators in the GOP who are still defending these thugs as peaceful protestors.

And that is because they fear tourists taking selfies :roll:

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2021, 11:33 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Nope!

Who is "they" AS?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 12:07 pm

cyberdad wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Nope!

Who is "they" AS?

“senators in the GOP who are still defending these thugs as peaceful protestors”.

Sorry, I forgot to put (sarcasm). I thought the rolling eyes emoji covered that.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 7:28 pm

It's interesting how the validation for the riots by members of the GOP is emboldening many of the rioters when they front court
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/08/17/poli ... index.html

Cause and effect....when politicians give credence to/normalise deplorable behaviour it emboldens extremist behaviour.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2021, 8:25 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
envirozentinel wrote:
So Mr Reynholm thinks there was no insurrection in this universe? :roll:

You might call Election Day 2016 an insurrection. But I think peaceful uprising would be a more apt description. Either way it was a huge middle finger to the DC elite ruling class. Thats why the whole "Russia" hoax. The establishment types could not admit that THEY were the problem. The visceral reaction to Trump over the last 4 years is a warning to any private citizen who dares to run for president again.

I admit this is a bit of a rant, but statements like this try my patience. It's not like responding more carefully and reasonably would make you wake up.

The visceral reaction to Trump was because he is a wanna-be autocrat who brags he can get away with whatever he wants (and often has), and has absolutely no understanding of or respect for the constitution. The man went vindictively after private citizens were dared question him, made painful insults to women, consistently made provably false statements that heavily influenced his fans (and often contradicted what he had said an hour before), and when push came to shove more often than not hung his most ardent supporters out to dry. He thinks of you as cannon fodder. Despite all the stupid things Bush did trying to run the country, I would take him over Trump in a heart beat. It has nothing to do with establishment v not; it has to do with the ability of our country to avoid turning into an autocracy that ultimately serves only those loyal to the autocrat. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt, I wanted him to be the leader his fans thought he was, but his presidency was no more real than his "reality" TV shows. I don't dislike the man - he is, after all, highly entertaining - but I do find him to be a danger to our Democracy, and it continually amazes me how so many can't see it. He could sell swampland infested with crocodiles and make you think it was a utopia, and we barely escaped whatever dangerous plans he was putting in place for a second term.

Russia wasn't a hoax. Some 20 odd Russian born spies were caught in the Mueller investigation. They didn't connect Trump because they didn't try to and, well, Trump knows how to play the game when it comes to avoiding legal consequences.

There is a problem when you are more interested in giving a giant middle finger to all you hate than you are preserving Democracy and the autonomy of our nation. You need to figure out what you are FOR, not just what you want to destroy.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

20 Aug 2021, 8:30 am

Quote:
U.S, January 6, 2021. REUTERS/Shannon Stapleton/File Photo

WASHINGTON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - The FBI has found scant evidence that the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol was the result of an organized plot to overturn the presidential election result, according to four current and former law enforcement officials.

Though federal officials have arrested more than 570 alleged participants, the FBI at this point believes the violence was not centrally coordinated by far-right groups or prominent supporters of then-President Donald Trump, according to the sources, who have been either directly involved in or briefed regularly on the wide-ranging investigations.

"Ninety to ninety-five percent of these are one-off cases," said a former senior law enforcement official with knowledge of the investigation. "Then you have five percent, maybe, of these militia groups that were more closely organized. But there was no grand scheme with Roger Stone and Alex Jones and all of these people to storm the Capitol and take hostages."

Stone, a veteran Republican operative and self-described "dirty trickster", and Jones, founder of a conspiracy-driven radio show and webcast, are both allies of Trump and had been involved in pro-Trump events in Washington on Jan. 5, the day before the riot.

FBI investigators did find that cells of protesters, including followers of the far-right Oath Keepers and Proud Boys groups, had aimed to break into the Capitol. But they found no evidence that the groups had serious plans about what to do if they made it inside, the sources said.

Source: https://www.reuters.com/world/us/exclusive-fbi-finds-scant-evidence-us-capitol-attack-was-coordinated-sources-2021-08-20/

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 9:32 am

According to  This CNBC Article :

A federal judge sentenced former mixed martial arts fighter Scott Fairlamb of New Jersey to 41 months in prison for assaulting a police officer during the January 6 coup attempt at the U.S. Capitol.  This is so far the longest sentence handed down against a January 6th insurrectionist.  Fairlamb pleaded guilty in August to assaulting a police officer and obstructing an official proceeding.

When he was arrested in January, prosecutors in a criminal complaint detailed how video showed Fairlamb shoving and punching a cop on the west side of the Capitol complex.

A Facebook video submitted to law enforcement by a concerned citizen showed Fairlamb at the Capitol carrying a collapsible baton and saying, "What Patriots do?  We f█████' disarm them and then we storm the f█████' Capitol!"

Two days after the riot, on January 8, Fairlamb filmed a video threatening future violence, stating, "They pulled the pin on the grenade, and the blackout is coming.  What a time to be a patriot", and, immediately after being visited by FBI agents on January 15, 2021, said that he would "go again” to the U.S. Capitol".

Prosecutors want an even longer prison term -- 51 months -- for the most notorious face of the January 6 coup attempt, so-called "QAnon shaman" Jacob Chansley.  Chansley (real name: Jake Angeli) is scheduled to be sentenced November 17 in U.S. District Court in Washington by the same judge, Royce Lamberth, who sentenced Fairlamb.

Hundreds of other people have been charged with crimes related to the January 6 coup attempt by supporters of former President Donald Trump who objected to the election win of President Joe Biden.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 9:46 am

Let’s hope he’s not put in a Club Fed.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 9:49 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Such places are for wealthy politicians and celebrities who commit white-collar crimes.

People who try to overthrow the government will likely be put someplace with other violent criminals.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 11:49 am

Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Such places are for wealthy politicians and celebrities who commit white-collar crimes.

People who try to overthrow the government will likely be put someplace with other violent criminals.

They should just be shot.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 11:55 am

Axeman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Such places are for wealthy politicians and celebrities who commit white-collar crimes.  People who try to overthrow the government will likely be put someplace with other violent criminals.
I understand your sentiment, and I would not shed a tear if they were; but to execute traitors when we are not in the midst of a declared war authorized by Congress would reduce America to their level.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 12:06 pm

Fnord wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
Such places are for wealthy politicians and celebrities who commit white-collar crimes.  People who try to overthrow the government will likely be put someplace with other violent criminals.
I understand your sentiment, and I would not shed a tear if they were; but to execute traitors when we are not in the midst of a declared war authorized by Congress would reduce America to their level.

Why when the Rosenbergs were executed.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm

Axeman wrote:

They were charged with treason, which carries a potential death sentence, and this guy was not.

traven
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 1:53 am

idk most people have the head in the ass like that bill maher (fake) trophee, butt i suspect thats on purpose

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2021, 9:21 am

Axeman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Axeman wrote:
Fnord wrote:
kraftiekortie wrote:
I do not know.  That was before my time.  Maybe you should ask Senator Joseph P. McCarthy.