Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2021, 9:48 am

Microcephaly, a condition more rare than most of those discussed here. What are your thoughts on this and people suffering from it?

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:42 am

well, my daughter has a mild case of microcephaly.
Also colobomas (blind spots) in both eyes.
And she has learning difficulties (dyslexia and dyscalculia) and emotional regulation issues.

I don't know why, it could have been due to getting ill while I was pregnant with her, I got pretty sick in the first trimester. (At least the microcephaly and colobomas could be - the learning difficulties might be from neurodiversity genes).

But she does OK, you wouldn't know she had any issues when talking to her.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 Aug 2021, 1:17 pm

I had only just recently found out that I have this, as an adult. Before that I only thought I had mental illness.
There is very little out there for adults with this condition. I've seen some resources for the parents of children with it, and that's about it.

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Aug 2021, 11:17 pm

I agree, there's not much information out there.
But perhaps it is not a condition itself so much as a symptom of certain conditions?
Anyway, I would be interested to know how it affects you.

Sailon
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2021, 1:52 pm

I have a lot of difficulties, and I have to believe I am worse off than the vast majority of those who suffer from the other various types of mental illness and intellectual disabilities.
IMO many of my symptoms are something you might expect to see from someone suffering from brain damage.