Biden's Planned Vaccine Rule Meeting Large Resistance

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 2:23 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2021/07/29/biden-vaccine-federal-workers/

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 2:49 pm

Unfortunately, my prediction of that after a certain amount of time whoever is not vaccinated won't be convinced and we will have to live with COVID in some way the remainder of our lives is coming true.

I see it playing out in this way.
In general, it will be the vaccinated that will mask up and the unvaccinated that won't. This will lead to further spread and mutations. If these mutations get really bad knowing there will be too much resistance, it will be too hard to enforce governments won't order more lockdowns. It will be the vaccinated doing that voluntarily out of fear if not the current variant, the next one will render the vaccines useless.

Our only hope is that the next variants are not as bad, that COVID somehow burns itself out.

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

ezbzbfcg2
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 3:02 pm

We've been living with the flu since at least 1918. Didn't shut society down for a century. Matter of fact, a vaccination wasn't discovered until the 1940s, but life went on through the 20s and 30s.

In subsequent generations, more newborns will probably be vaccinated. Also, many may be born with natural antibodies. And COVID was nowhere near as deadly as the Spanish Influenza pandemic.

So, we wouldn't be shutting down the world over legitimate health concerns, but rather because our overseers want more control. That's much scarier to me than the virus when I think about the world going forward.

GGPViper
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 4:31 pm

This has left Biden between a rock and a hard place.

On the one hand, he will likely face significant domestic backlash...

On the other hand...

Source: https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations

... the US vaccination rollout has basically stalled before reaching 60 % (too low for herd immunity), and the US has now been overtaken by the EU.

At this rate, the US will likely face a significant new COVID wave (and additional restrictions as a result) in the fall... especially since the new Delta variant is now the dominant strain.

Yet another gigantic fuck-up by the Anti-vaxxers.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2021, 4:50 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
Unfortunately, my prediction of that after a certain amount of time whoever is not vaccinated won't be convinced and we will have to live with COVID in some way the remainder of our lives is coming true.

I see it playing out in this way.
In general, it will be the vaccinated that will mask up and the unvaccinated that won't. This will lead to further spread and mutations. If these mutations get really bad knowing there will be too much resistance, it will be too hard to enforce governments won't order more lockdowns. It will be the vaccinated doing that voluntarily out of fear if not the current variant, the next one will render the vaccines useless.

Our only hope is that the next variants are not as bad, that COVID somehow burns itself out.

A good article on that subject.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irisht ... 3fmode=amp