Page 5 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 60  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 4:55 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm not trying to derail the topic about Biden, but I sincerely want to know what happened with the sexual assault allegations against him? I heard about them during his campaign and I remember being told that they wouldn't investigate until the election was over. Has he stood trial? Were the charges dropped? I feel like the story just vanished in the excitement of his election and the hype of getting rid of Trump.

They swept that under the rug. Nancy Pelosi always yelled, "Woman should be believed", when such accusations were lobbed against Trump or any other Republican. But when it was Biden who was the target, she changed her tune, saying that "due process" should be allowed to play out.

Such obvious hypocrisy!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:05 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm not trying to derail the topic about Biden, but I sincerely want to know what happened with the sexual assault allegations against him? I heard about them during his campaign and I remember being told that they wouldn't investigate until the election was over. Has he stood trial? Were the charges dropped? I feel like the story just vanished in the excitement of his election and the hype of getting rid of Trump.

They swept that under the rug. Nancy Pelosi always yelled, "Woman should be believed", when such accusations were lobbed against Trump or any other Republican. But when it was Biden who was the target, she changed her tune, saying that "due process" should be allowed to play out.

Such obvious hypocrisy!

Same with the videos of him touching young girls or smelling their hair, during public events. That was creepy as hell. It seems that wasn't taken seriously, or else it just got ignored like everything else. Heaven help him if that had been my daughter in any of the videos.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:16 pm

Oh, hell, he's creepy! That hair sniffing and touching children was disturbing!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:23 pm

Content Warning: Extreme Creepiness and Child Groping

This is what he does on camera, in public.

Say no more.

It kills me that the video is considered "funny" or "a parody" by many people.

I tried to watch it again just now, thinking maybe it wasn't so bad. I couldn't even get to the end.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:28 pm

Am I still loving Biden? That's a bit like asking me if I still beat my wife. Never have, never will. I've yet to see a leader I could love, or even admire. I was glad Biden ousted Trump, but only because I dislike Trump and the Republicans more than I dislike Biden and the Democrats. Was anybody seriously expecting the election result to lead to anything particularly wonderful?

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:35 pm

Wait... there were people who loved Biden? On the left?? Where can I get what they're smoking?

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:38 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Content Warning: Extreme Creepiness and Child Groping

This is what he does on camera, in public.

Say no more.

It kills me that the video is considered "funny" or "a parody" by many people.

I tried to watch it again just now, thinking maybe it wasn't so bad. I couldn't even get to the end.

I have a twisted sense of humour, but I don't find that funny at all. Yikes!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 5:41 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
Wait... there were people who loved Biden? On the left?? Where can I get what they're smoking?

Here in Illinois we have legal recreational pot. Come on over! You can be an apoligist for Biden as well!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

roronoa79
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 6:30 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:

Here in Illinois we have legal recreational pot. Come on over! You can be an apoligist for Biden as well!

I'll take the pot, sure, but if I meet a Biden apologist I'll just point and laugh.

Δυνατὰ δὲ οἱ προύχοντες πράσσουσι καὶ οἱ ἀσθενεῖς ξυγχωροῦσιν.
Those with power do what their power permits, and the weak can only acquiesce.

- Thucydides

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 6:43 pm

roronoa79 wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
roronoa79 wrote:

I'll take the pot, sure, but if I meet a Biden apologist I'll just point and laugh.

Save me a bud.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 8:02 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Biden was a compromise candidate. He’s a mainstream Democrat. He’s part of the “system.”

But I do believe he’s doing a better job with COVID than Trump would have—which isn’t saying much.

With the help of "Operation Warp Speed". 8)

VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Biden to allow eviction moratorium to expire Saturday

Quote:
The White House said President Joe Biden would have liked to extend the federal eviction moratorium due to spread of the highly contagious delta variant of the coronavirus. Instead, Biden called on “Congress to extend the eviction moratorium to protect such vulnerable renters and their families without delay.”

“Given the recent spread of the delta variant, including among those Americans both most likely to face evictions and lacking vaccinations, President Biden would have strongly supported a decision by the CDC to further extend this eviction moratorium to protect renters at this moment of heightened vulnerability,” the White House said in a statement. “Unfortunately, the Supreme Court has made clear that this option is no longer available.”

From what I can see, Trump's SCOTUS has denied Biden the authority to extend the moratorium by executive order (my loose interpretation). Of course, as everybody hates Biden because he's not either The Donald or Bernie, I can't expect anybody to give him the benefit of the doubt.

So please carry on with your hand-wringing.

The Democrats did nothing to really fight Trump's SC picks. They approved them all. They are worthless!

Even the so called "progressives" in the Democratic Party do nothing but talk about stuff like Medicare For All, then when a grassroots movement like #forcethevote comes along, and the rally last weekend, they're nowhere to be seen. But I guess they keep people deluded that someday they might actually fight for progressive issues. It will never happen.

Why should someone with such an abysmal record get the benefit of the doubt? I didn't expect anything from him, and so far I was right. He has alteady dropped bombs on Syria twice. That I expected and I am glad I didn't vote for him.

The only real hope for the U.S. is a massive grassroots movement behind a third-party. Otherwise, this country will continue to circle the drain.

You can't trust politicians on either side of the political divide. 8)

Last edited by Pepe on 31 Jul 2021, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 8:04 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I wanted Sanders. :cry:

Sanders? :scratch:
You mean Marxist Sanders? :scratch:
Pass. 8)

Bernie Sanders is not a Marxist, actually.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=398930&start=16#p8832704

VegetableMan wrote:
MaxE wrote:
Latest situation:

Biden calls on Congress to extend eviction moratorium set to expire Saturday

I should point out though that the YT video the OP linked simply meant to attack Biden. I have noticed over the years that narcissistic third-party voters, who delight in scolding the rest of us for not understanding there's no real difference between the two major US political parties, seem to invest most of their intellectual energy into attacks on Democrats, usually labelling them as both "neocons" and "neolibs" as though affixing such labels to their target ends the discussion. Rarely do they seem to see any need to criticize Republicans. Coincidence?

BTW I know some of these people IRL.

It's a shame a couple of non-US citizens chose to seize upon this and discuss it as though it were something to be taken seriously.

The scolding is valid because it's the truth. All you have to do is look at the complete continuity between Dem and Pub adminstrations. On top of that, Dems actually do more damage because, just like what's happening now, the media gives them complete cover and the left just goes to sleep.

Nice try at demonizing third-party party voters. It's tired, boring, and you're playing right into the hands of the propagandists.

If Biden actually does extend the moratorium, he'll get credit from me. But I don't see it happening.

For some, facts are not as important as morality.

Last edited by Pepe on 31 Jul 2021, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 8:04 pm

Misslizard wrote:
cyberdad wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
I wanted Sanders. :cry:

Yeah I feel like some Colonel Sanders right about now.

Extra crispy please.

Hot and spicy, for me. 8)

Mona Pereth wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Really? I don't think I've ever known anyone who "worships" Biden. It's my impression that most moderate and left-leaning people see Biden as just a normal politician, with normal politician flaws, whereas Trump was glaringly unfit for office.

Maybe that was too strong of a word, but that's the impression I get as a non-American. It was even more pronounced when he first took office. It's nice to know he's considered as a normal politician with flaws. Everyone is only human.

A lot of people passionately supported Biden, but mainly just because he wasn't Trump. The election was a fight between those who hated Trump and those who loved Trump. In either case, it was all about Trump.

You are one of the more reasonable progressives.
Consider yourself blessed that you have my approval. 8)

Last edited by Pepe on 31 Jul 2021, 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 8:17 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I know that too. It's just that many people worship him, like he can walk on water.

Really? I don't think I've ever known anyone who "worships" Biden. It's my impression that most moderate and left-leaning people see Biden as just a normal politician, with normal politician flaws, whereas Trump was glaringly unfit for office.

While I like Uncle Joe, clearly he is showing significant signs of the development of dementia.
I found your comment quite ironic. :mrgreen:

But yes, America doesn't need a narcissist as the president.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 8:24 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
The only real hope for the U.S. is a massive grassroots movement behind a third-party.

Agreed on the need for a massive grassroots movement, but I don't think a third party is the answer.

We just need more a lot more successful elections of progressive Democrats like AOC, in Congress, in state legislatures, and various local offices. Once there are enough progressive Democrats elected to Congress and various local offices, it will then become feasible to elect one as President as well -- at least if we don't have a right wing coup.

But electing enough progressives to political office will be possible only if there is a massive, well-organized grassroots progressive movement independent of any political party apparatus.

AOC is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but she is young.
Giver her another 10 years of life experience. 8)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 8:53 pm

Pepe wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
The only real hope for the U.S. is a massive grassroots movement behind a third-party.

Agreed on the need for a massive grassroots movement, but I don't think a third party is the answer.

We just need more a lot more successful elections of progressive Democrats like AOC, in Congress, in state legislatures, and various local offices. Once there are enough progressive Democrats elected to Congress and various local offices, it will then become feasible to elect one as President as well -- at least if we don't have a right wing coup.

But electing enough progressives to political office will be possible only if there is a massive, well-organized grassroots progressive movement independent of any political party apparatus.

AOC is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but she is young.
Giver her another 10 years of life experience. 8)

But will the country as we know it still be here? When society collapses, and it will soon, those crazy preppers will seem sane!

It's coming, baby! The whole thing is coming down! Get ready!

Alright, that may have been one too many hits.

Oscar Meyer Lansky