Page 10 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 60  Next

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 10:17 pm

Mona Pereth wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Oh, hell, he's creepy! That hair sniffing and touching children was disturbing!

Yes, I’d he tried to sniff my hair I’d slap the pee water out of him.
A friend tried to make excuses for him, like,“ He’s an older man, that’s wasn’t a big deal, it’s what they did back then.”
Uh, no, just no.It’s not.
I only voted for him because the alternative was Trump.

It is obvious what he was doing was harmless.
And, yes, it was a different time when he grew up.
Call it a hangover from older times.

While I wouldn't say it was "harmless," it was indeed considered socially acceptable until very recently. So I wouldn't hold it against him as long as he has stopped doing this sort of thing.

IMO we shouldn't be too harsh about making ex post facto judgments against people for violating social norms that didn't yet exist at the time, even if the new social norms have come into existence for very good reasons.

And, in this case, I do think the new norm exists for good reasons.

When I was little, I hated being around most adults, because of the way most adults behaved toward children. Most adults, back then, always seemed to be intensely and mindlessly preoccupied with how cute I (and other little kids) were, so much so that it was impossible to have a conversation with them or get straight answers from them in response to whatever questions I might have had. Luckily my own relatives weren't as bad about this as most other adults were back then, for the most part.

I know people used to pat kids on the head ,swat their bottom playfully, tousle hair, pinch cheeks and use all sorts of pet names like cutie pie,etc....but the sniffing???

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 10:23 pm

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:53 pm

The link I posted was mainly for the way it pinpoints highly selective editing of film footage and framing of still shots to mislead those viewing them, especially if they're presented out of context, as the only significant driving force behind this story.

In particular the accounts from other people involved in these situations (continually trotted out as "evidence" of Biden being "creepy"), who catagorically state that wasn't the case at all, and explain what was actually going on and how it has been misrepresented.

The vast majority of pop news trash on this subject is indirect material - jokes, cartoons etc. designed to slander through indirect association, so there's no way of holding anyone accountable. In other words, the normal trick of throwing s**t around in the hope that some will eventually stick, even though there's no reason why it should.

Anyone who delights in this, needs to think very carefully about the bigger picture here. Which is that if certain sections of the media can be stirred up into wanting to bury you, it's quite possible they'll succeed.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:02 am

He also sniffs states.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newswe ... 62%3famp=1

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 12:03 am

No, no I am not...

Still a better choice than another 4 years of trump, but come on Joe f*****g step it up, what the f**k.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:11 am

Redd_Kross wrote:
The link I posted was mainly for the way it pinpoints highly selective editing of film footage and framing of still shots to mislead those viewing them, especially if they're presented out of context, as the only significant driving force behind this story.

In particular the accounts from other people involved in these situations (continually trotted out as "evidence" of Biden being "creepy"), who catagorically state that wasn't the case at all, and explain what was actually going on and how it has been misrepresented.

Thankfully, this only happens on the right side of politics. [I'm being ironic here, guys. :mrgreen: ]

"Misrepresentation"?
By hyperpartisans?
The hell, you say! 8O [I'm being facetious, gals. :mrgreen: ]

Redd_Kross wrote:
The vast majority of pop news trash on this subject is indirect material - jokes, cartoons etc. designed to slander through indirect association, so there's no way of holding anyone accountable. In other words, the normal trick of throwing s**t around in the hope that some will eventually stick, even though there's no reason why it should.

And this happens on both sides of the political divide.
I'm being serious, for once.
It feels funny. :?

Redd_Kross wrote:
Anyone who delights in this, needs to think very carefully about the bigger picture here. Which is that if certain sections of the media can be stirred up into wanting to bury you, it's quite possible they'll succeed.

I find it refreshing that it is the Democrat's turn to feel the heat, for a change. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:15 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
No, no I am not...

Still a better choice than another 4 years of trump, but come on Joe f*****g step it up, what the f**k.

Well, as we all know, or should know by now, I am supportive of any American party who tries to mitigate Chinese jingoistic aggression.
So far, the Biden administration is doing a better job, in terms of strengthening alliances. 8)

Go Joe, but please keep your hands to yourself and stop sniffing people. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:18 am

Misslizard wrote:
Mona Pereth wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

A friend tried to make excuses for him, like,“ He’s an older man, that’s wasn’t a big deal, it’s what they did back then.”

While I wouldn't say it was "harmless," it was indeed considered socially acceptable until very recently. So I wouldn't hold it against him as long as he has stopped doing this sort of thing.

IMO we shouldn't be too harsh about making ex post facto judgments against people for violating social norms that didn't yet exist at the time, even if the new social norms have come into existence for very good reasons.

When I was little, I hated being around most adults, because of the way most adults behaved toward children. Most adults, back then, always seemed to be intensely and mindlessly preoccupied with how cute I (and other little kids) were, so much so that it was impossible to have a conversation with them or get straight answers from them in response to whatever questions I might have had. Luckily my own relatives weren't as bad about this as most other adults were back then, for the most part.

I know people used to pat kids on the head ,swat their bottom playfully, tousle hair, pinch cheeks and use all sorts of pet names like cutie pie,etc....but the sniffing???

It is odd, no denying that. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:23 am

MaxE wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Peter Daszak springs to mind.

What does this guy have to do with Biden?

I was replying to another poster.
I was agreeing with him.

Daszak was a fact-checker for zuckerburg. 8)
Keep up with the program. :wink:

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:30 am

Pepe wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:

Thankfully, this only happens on the right side of politics. [I'm being ironic here, guys. :mrgreen: ]

"Misrepresentation"?
By hyperpartisans?

Redd_Kross wrote:

Redd_Kross wrote:

I find it refreshing that it is the Democrat's turn to feel the heat, for a change. 8)

Yeah I mean I have not decided he is a terrible president yet....but for sure with the stuff he and Kamalah Harrris was talking up I thought they'd actyally put the taitors back in their boxes, but so far they are not doing anything like that...like I voted democrat but still f**k the democrats even if they are less bad than the republicans.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 1:38 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:

"Misrepresentation"?
By hyperpartisans?

Redd_Kross wrote:

Redd_Kross wrote:

Yeah I mean I have not decided he is a terrible president yet....but for sure with the stuff he and Kamalah Harrris was talking up I thought they'd actyally put the taitors back in their boxes, but so far they are not doing anything like that...like I voted democrat but still f**k the democrats even if they are less bad than the republicans.

It is the worst-kept secrete that either side of the political divide tends not to follow through, well usually.
Both sides engage in dirty politics.
It is an unwritten rule that no hair pulling or biting is allowed. :mrgreen:

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 7:17 am

Mona Pereth wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

It was that way in the Northeast U.S. My grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends of my parents were always touching me and pinching me. Being touch sensitive I hated it. But I don’t remember adults doing that with kids they just met or whose parents were not friends.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2021, 7:24 am

VegetableMan wrote:
I think the fate of this country was sealed when the Supreme Court ruled corporations can be considered "individuals." There's little chance of getting money out politics, now.

Yeah, they're "individuals" -- until a consumer tries to sue one.
Then suddenly they're protected "individuals."

-BUT ah buhLEEVE the courts ain't political :lol:

Harry Haller
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Aug 2021, 7:27 am

VegetableMan wrote:
Don't you think it's creepy?

You know what is truly creepy?
A President wearing a BROWN suit!! :lol:

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 11:50 am

Regarding A 'Taste Test', of Biden Versus Trump Now in Conclusion, of Sorts, It Seems Currently...

The Difference Between A Villain and A Hero According to Pop Psychology Is Not Much Different;

Both Are Willing to Break Rules to Achieve Goals; On the One Hand, Trump Broke Rules that Harmed Folks;

On The Other Hand, Biden Took A Likely Unconstitutional Action For A Moratorium on Evictions In Areas
of Substantial to High Covid-19 Spread that is Now Assessed As Basically Another Virus with 93 Percent
of Infections, identified as the Very Dangerous Delta Variant That Infects Children as Much as Adults...

What Sets A Hero Apart

From A Villain; One Has

Empathy For All; The Other

Really Only Cares About Their Own Selfish Gains...

Why in 'the Hell", Would Someone Vote for A Villain;

Rhetorical Question, Indeed, Overall at Least... And Most...

And Biden is At Least Hero Enough, to Make A Frigging Difference, When 'the Ship' is 'Sinking' for Many...

Sadly, Many Folks Still Haven't Jumped off the 'Trump Boat' With the Rest of 'the Rats' Smart Enough to get Vaccinated...

When You Are A Fire Chief Putting Out Fires; You Get the People Unwilling to Help Out of the Frigging Way... Hmm...

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/03/10243452 ... al-ban-lap

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 4:40 pm

aghogday wrote:

Regarding A 'Taste Test', of Biden Versus Trump Now in Conclusion, of Sorts, It Seems Currently...

The Difference Between A Villain and A Hero According to Pop Psychology Is Not Much Different;

Both Are Willing to Break Rules to Achieve Goals; On the One Hand, Trump Broke Rules that Harmed Folks;

On The Other Hand, Biden Took A Likely Unconstitutional Action For A Moratorium on Evictions In Areas
of Substantial to High Covid-19 Spread that is Now Assessed As Basically Another Virus with 93 Percent
of Infections, identified as the Very Dangerous Delta Variant That Infects Children as Much as Adults...

What Sets A Hero Apart

From A Villain; One Has

Empathy For All; The Other

Really Only Cares About Their Own Selfish Gains...

Why in 'the Hell", Would Someone Vote for A Villain;

Rhetorical Question, Indeed, Overall at Least... And Most...

And Biden is At Least Hero Enough, to Make A Frigging Difference, When 'the Ship' is 'Sinking' for Many...

Sadly, Many Folks Still Haven't Jumped off the 'Trump Boat' With the Rest of 'the Rats' Smart Enough to get Vaccinated...

When You Are A Fire Chief Putting Out Fires; You Get the People Unwilling to Help Out of the Frigging Way... Hmm...

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/03/10243452 ... al-ban-lap

I generally find your way of presenting posts hurts my brain, but I have to agree with the sentiments here.

I'm not a massive fan of the US political system in general, as it offers very little real choice. But Biden seems to do more for the majority, whereas Trump does more for the existing elite. That doesn't mean Biden doesn't favour rich people too, but Democrat policies seem to benefit more people, albeit to a lesser extent. So the overall effects of his policies are more balanced.

In other words, the Democrats still take the cream off the top, but they take less of it. And most crucially for me, they actually do more for ordinary folk rather than claiming to do so, while actually doing the complete opposite.

The greatest irony of all was Trump trying to claim that all the big money in America was held by some form of "Democrat elite" even though the top 5% always benefit more from Republican economic policy. In truth I don't believe you can group the uber rich into one party or the other at all. They'll generally go where the greatest gain for themselves is, though not always.

If the secret elite cabal vote to give more of their money and power away by siding with the Democrats, that's a right side failure for the rest of us. So no worries there. If on the other hand they choose to strengthen their position at our expense by siding with the Republicans, well then the majority will lose.

The biggest irony of all is libertarians who think "me first!" politics are designed to benefit them, when actually they'll still be on the losing side unless they're billionaires.

You're always offered just enough crumbs to stay obedient. The Democrats want more people on board, so they offer more crumbs but to a wider audience. The Republicans don't care about anyone who is poor, regarding them as irrelevant, so they offer fewer crumbs but to a much narrower audience. That's all it boils down to.

My suspicion is that Republicans will always win the PR war, just because we all like to think we're special, and above average, and so we'll benefit from cut-throatery. Even if that's blatantly not true. Most folk would rather have a one in a million chance of being a billionaire than a one in 2000 chance of earning an extra $20k. Because we're essentially very, very dumb.