Page 45 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48 ... 60  Next

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 11:22 am

Pepe wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
i would have been more willing to overlook his manifold faults if he wasn't a fascist and GOP and if his policies all weren't so harmful to working-class types and minorities. if only he had at least not tried to destroy health care. if only he didn't [deliberately] nearly bankrupt the nation to give to the undeserving tax-shirking rich. if only he wasn't a stochastic terrorist against LGBT/minorities/women. if only he didn't brownnose the world's tyrants and encourage them to do worse. if only he had lifted a finger to TRY to make this a better country for the 99% and not just the 1%. if only he hadn't set us all against one another. if only he had lifted a finger to TRY to set a positive tone for this country.

As I have mentioned innumerous times, POC benefited enormously under Trump.
"Did not" doesn't "cut the mustard". :mrgreen:

Who gets to decide this? Whose definition of "benefit" are you using?

The POC I know personally, and the community leaders I follow, all felt Trump set them back quite a bit in the areas they care most about.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 12:37 pm

DW_a_mom wrote:

The POC I know personally, and the community leaders I follow, all felt Trump set them back quite a bit in the areas they care most about.

What class would you say they are? Trump did pull historically high numbers of black and Latino voters for a modern Republican, largely from the working class, where I suspect your personal social group is leans more towards the professional classes that universally despised Trump.

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 1:03 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

What class would you say they are? Trump did pull historically high numbers of black and Latino voters for a modern Republican, largely from the working class, where I suspect your personal social group is leans more towards the professional classes that universally despised Trump.

Trump happened because people are catching on that most of government is a scam and politicians are self serving frauds. Even people who don't like the man voted for him because he was an outsider (not a politician). This anomaly of a private citizen getting elected president will never happen again, the government/media complex have seen to that.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 1:09 pm

Warren G. Harding was president 100 years ago. And hes about as relevant to my life as the current one.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:14 pm

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Touché. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:16 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

Trump happened because people are catching on that most of government is a scam and politicians are self serving frauds. Even people who don't like the man voted for him because he was an outsider (not a politician). This anomaly of a private citizen getting elected president will never happen again, the government/media complex have seen to that.

Total agreement.
Trump got in because of the absolute corruption of the political aristocracy, on both sides of the political divide.
Politicians are self-serving yucks. :eew: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 2:17 pm

theprisoner wrote:
Warren G. Harding was president 100 years ago. And hes about as relevant to my life as the current one.

Who? :scratch: :mrgreen:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2021, 11:25 pm

he was a corrupt mediocrity but not a total ahole like #45.

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:24 am

Dox47 wrote:
DW_a_mom wrote:

I think they run the gambit, but even if they didn't, the question applies. Do POC believe they benefited under the Trump administration? From my vantage point, it seems like it was a mixed bag. More people were employed, but there also was an increase in racially motivated incidents, and a sense that opportunities were decreasing. In both cases claims can be made it was part of a previously existing trend, but we'll keep it simple and give credit + blame based on who was on watch. Is it our right to decide what statistics matter, and then use the statistics we choose to tell a group of people we don't belong to that they are better off now than they were, without finding out how they feel about it?

We do far too much telling other people what their reality looks like, instead of recognizing that we can't know their reality. The right way for Pepe to make his point, IMHO, would have been to note that statistics were showing an increase in the financial health of POC, instead of skipping steps and declaring "they benefited enormously."

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 2:59 am

What I don't understand is why a lot of democrats consider leaving Americans behind in Afghanistan is a victory. I mean I know democrats were against the invasion of Afghanistan, and I was as well, but do the democrats really consider it worth it for left Americans to be punished for it, just because they were not for it?

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 4:58 am

ironpony wrote:
What I don't understand is why a lot of democrats consider leaving Americans behind in Afghanistan is a victory. I mean I know democrats were against the invasion of Afghanistan, and I was as well, but do the democrats really consider it worth it for left Americans to be punished for it, just because they were not for it?

Who said that? That any part of anything having to do with Afghanistan was a victory? I haven’t heard it, and I know a lot of Democrats.

Axeman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 5:02 am

Pepe wrote:
theprisoner wrote:

Who? :scratch: :mrgreen:

An obscure US President. The nineteenth century post Civil War and early twentieth century produced many.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 5:16 am

Harding was one of the most ineffectual Presidents ever. He’d rather play poker with his buddies than be the leader of his country. His buddies were a most scandalous lot.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 8:21 am

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2021, 3:31 pm

^^^ Ok, that is funny.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran