Page 54 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 ... 60  Next

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 6:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
the OP seems to be ridiculing those of us who are not magas.

Considering the way the term "magas" gets thrown around by a small contingent of people (both on this site and elsewhere) as a label to attach to anyone who disagrees with them on a subject, there can't be many people left who haven't had the label incorrectly attached to themselves, other than those who have made a habit of using terms such as "magas" to attempt to ridicule others in the past, of course - Is the problem that you are being unfairly grouped with those people?

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 May 2022, 6:29 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh ok I see. Well if it's best left up to the experts, are they really experts if they are screwing up the inflation, causing it to become worse?

More than one thing affects inflation.

In most circumstances, monetary policy can keep inflation within certain limits. But because of the combination of COVID and the Russian invasion of Ukraine, monetary policy alone is no longer enough.

The Fed probably could control dollar inflation by dramatically shrinking the monetary supply (basically by raising interest rates), but this would require them to cause a recession. That is 1) against their goals (which are to control inflation and allow for steady growth), and 2) completely counter-productive.

High inflation is bad because it limits people’s ability to afford things. If you have low inflation but wages are shrinking and unemployment is rising, then that adds up to much the same thing - there’s still going to be more people who can’t afford things.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

27 May 2022, 6:33 am

Jakki wrote:
When finally Corporations finallly figured gas supplies were not going to last forever. And needed to preserve them for things they need . Someone decided to put gas more out of the reach of
commoners. And it had to be done in a manner that humans would agree to So a War was necessary.

Are you suggesting that Russia invaded Ukraine because American corporations wanted gas prices to go up?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 3:50 pm

auntblabby wrote:

He was a Trump supporter. Or looked walked and talked like one. But he would get insulted every time I asked him "why are you a Trump supporter?".

You would think that he would respond by either saying "I know that I look and sound like a Trump supporter. But here are the differences between me and a Trump supporter." Or "here is were I differ with Trump, and here is where I agree with Trump".

Or say...

"you're darn right Im a Trump supporter".

Whichever thing he actually is- acknowledge it. And explain it. Why not?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2022, 3:56 pm

The_Walrus wrote:
Jakki wrote:
When finally Corporations finallly figured gas supplies were not going to last forever. And needed to preserve them for things they need . Someone decided to put gas more out of the reach of
commoners. And it had to be done in a manner that humans would agree to So a War was necessary.

Are you suggesting that Russia invaded Ukraine because American corporations wanted gas prices to go up?

Nawww...
Its about Ukraine and its agricultural bounty being cutoff.

Putin is a stooge of the Wonder Bread company, and Pepridge Farm. He invaded Ukraine just to jack up the price of grain, and wheat products in the world. :lol:

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

28 May 2022, 4:59 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

He was a Trump supporter. Or looked walked and talked like one. But he would get insulted every time I asked him "why are you a Trump supporter?".

You would think that he would respond by either saying "I know that I look and sound like a Trump supporter. But here are the differences between me and a Trump supporter." Or "here is were I differ with Trump, and here is where I agree with Trump".

Or say...

In fairness to VM, he did set out that he was opposed to Trump because VM had a very particular set of values (extremely anti-military, anti-corporation) and from his perspective there was no difference between any two politicians that didn’t entirely align with him on those two issues.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 6:39 am

naturalplastic wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Or say...

not speaking specifically of any WPer in particular- the maga type generally rejects even the hint of criticism, and questioning them equals insulting criticism. all criticism is an insult, even the merest quibble is an insult. that is why somebody was feeling insulted.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 2:08 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
The_Walrus wrote:
Jakki wrote:

Nawww...
Its about Ukraine and its agricultural bounty being cutoff.

Putin is a stooge of the Wonder Bread company, and Pepridge Farm. He invaded Ukraine just to jack up the price of grain, and wheat products in the world. :lol:

Am merely speculating here but When the countries have their big meetings in a particular Country
And make decisions about how the world should play out . Possibly Trilateralist commission or World Monetary fund , or whatever that meeting that people protest each year . These things and public persons attending are beyond the reach of the populace of the Earth . Are making policy concerning all the countries of the world , whereas these same persons should be public about their actions and
would think , that they need to be held accountable for these decisions that affect the entire ecosystem of the planet we share . There are people in positions of money and power that hold opinions that are contrary to the existence of you and me. Quiet eugenics programs of disabled and older people . The money and mefical advancements are currently outhere but people in medical need are constantly getting denied care they need to live. If no one has noticed this planet has got to the point of being beyond War. But yet we have adequate technologies medically and physically that could help the planet and and individuals survive a much healthier existence . We are told that there is not enough bits of this planets that can support populations of people . But places i have lived . Have been to huge areas of useable good healthy land that is off limits to people . And in the US policies are making these places more off
limits with various untenable excuses , prohibiting people from even visiting these areas now .
With the possible idea of herding people into smaller areas, so population control might be easier?
Building upwards in big cities instead of outward . So stress level on people might be less.???
There is obviously something very wrong , when world countries plow there economies into Warfare making equipment . Rather than putting it into helping destitute people even in wealthy countries or
into programs and policies that might preserve the planet in some small way . The Military Industrial complex has conquered the world. And are all about making their Corporations thrive . As they play at wargames . Possibly with the hidden intention of causing their own version of population control ?
Which get decided at places like the Trilateralist comission ?

But i am ranting and just sounding like a conspirascy theorist . So as you age and watch this stuff continue maybe you too will wonder on things :?:

where ever you go ,there you are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2022, 8:16 pm

the anti-people people are winning by default.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 1:04 pm

auntblabby wrote:
the anti-people people are winning by default.

And this is just sad.. :cry:

where ever you go ,there you are

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 1:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:

I'm very disappointed in you, AB. I thought you were more intelligent than that. Not liking the Democrats does not make one a Trump supporter by default.

Once I stepped out of the left/right paradigm, it's virtually impossible to have meaningful dialogs with those who haven't. It's like talking to members of a cult.

Naturalplastic is a prime example of someone who is so rigid in his thinking on politics, it's f*****g hilarious.

P.S. I won't be staying. I got notifications on this thread, and just wanted to clear things up.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 3:07 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I'm very disappointed in you, AB. I thought you were more intelligent than that. Not liking the Democrats does not make one a Trump supporter by default.

Once I stepped out of the left/right paradigm, it's virtually impossible to have meaningful dialogs with those who haven't. It's like talking to members of a cult.

Naturalplastic is a prime example of someone who is so rigid in his thinking on politics, it's f*****g hilarious.

P.S. I won't be staying. I got notifications on this thread, and just wanted to clear things up.

How do you know that I am "rigid in my thinking" when we have never exchanged thoughts about anything? :lol:

Actually we have had great conversations over the years- when the topic was not politics.

Whenever the topic is politics you typically just beat the crap out of yourself by saying things that seem self contradictory. I would beg you to stop beating the crap out of yourself, and (for your own sake) to please restate things in a way that someone without psychic powers (and who can read your mind) can understand. And you would only ever respond by flinging dung at me, falsely accusing me of trolling, and running away from the topic. I dont recall you ever lasting long enough in any political conversation to actually exchange thoughts with me about anything.

And you're above response to AB is a perfect example of the same behavior. you're blaming AB for you're own rhetorical ineptitude. You expect AB to have psychic powers and to read your mind.

If you have troubling dialoguing with a particular demographic then its up to you to tailor your message to that demographic.

We didnt cut your tongue out. It is not OUR fault that you cant express yourself in a logical way.

The_Walrus
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

29 May 2022, 3:43 pm

[Mod]

I should have drawn a firm line earlier - please avoid personal attacks and focus on ideas instead.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 4:34 pm

Nah, I've done a very good job of explaining my position through the years. Nowhere in this thread did I give the slightest indication that I'm a Trump supporter. But I'm one by default simply because I don't like Biden or the Democrats.

It's absurd!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 4:48 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Nah, I've done a very good job of explaining my position through the years. Nowhere in this thread did I give the slightest indication that I'm a Trump supporter. But I'm one by default simply because I don't like Biden or the Democrats.

It's absurd!

Wait....I thought you left?

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2022, 4:59 pm

I did. I'm not back to stay, I just needed to address a couple of things in this thread.

Oscar Meyer Lansky