Page 9 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 60  Next

Mr Reynholm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:37 am

Not enjoying the whole Hunter Biden art gig for money laundering.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:43 am

Mikah wrote:
Pepe wrote:
This is the first time I saw that!

Yeah, it was buried by the press, you could only see it on certain corners of the internet - even then many of these videos started vanishing in the lead up to the election.

This one looks worse in my opinion - I don't know if she has spoken out since.

I just now watched this short video about 20 times, trying to see what the title claims it to be. I even went over to YouTube to watch it directly there.

I still can't see anything that looks like Biden forcing a girl to touch his crotch. It appears to me that he is holding the girl's hand in a position that happens to be in between the camera and his crotch, but most likely at least a few inches away from his crotch.

Misslizard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:49 am

Cake anyone?
https://newsakmi.com/news/usnews/hong-k ... nime-girl/

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:59 am

VegetableMan wrote:
There's a movement surrounding Medicare For All that's gaining soms traction, but it's having little effect on the Democrats -- not even the so called progressives. Rather than talk to the people holding a rally outside her office, AOC just closed shop for the day.

I still believe third-party is the only path forward. If the number of supporters gets high enough, it will at least scare the crap out of the Dems, realizing a lot of votes could be siphoned away from their candidate.

There already exist a bunch of would-be third parties, e.g. the Working Families Party and the Green Party. None of them ever seem to get anywhere, although most of them have been around for decades. We don't need yet another one of these, in my opinion.

Anyhow, Medicare for All is a national issue --and a very tough one, due to insurance company lobbying. As I said on the previous page of this thread, organizing around local issues is much easier than organizing around national issues. An effective grassroots mass movement will need to start with local issues, then gradually work its way up to national issues.

Here in the U.S.A., we don't even have effective progressive movements on local issues in most locales. But that's where an effective progressive movement will need to start.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:14 pm

I think the fate of this country was sealed when the Supreme Court ruled corporations can be considered "individuals." There's little chance of getting money out politics, now.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:33 pm

Pepe wrote:
Misslizard wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Oh, hell, he's creepy! That hair sniffing and touching children was disturbing!

Yes, I’d he tried to sniff my hair I’d slap the pee water out of him.
A friend tried to make excuses for him, like,“ He’s an older man, that’s wasn’t a big deal, it’s what they did back then.”
Uh, no, just no.It’s not.
I only voted for him because the alternative was Trump.

It is obvious what he was doing was harmless.
And, yes, it was a different time when he grew up.
Call it a hangover from older times.

While I wouldn't say it was "harmless," it was indeed considered socially acceptable until very recently. So I wouldn't hold it against him as long as he has stopped doing this sort of thing.

IMO we shouldn't be too harsh about making ex post facto judgments against people for violating social norms that didn't yet exist at the time, even if the new social norms have come into existence for very good reasons.

And, in this case, I do think the new norm exists for good reasons.

When I was little, I hated being around most adults, because of the way most adults behaved toward children. Most adults, back then, always seemed to be intensely and mindlessly preoccupied with how cute I (and other little kids) were, so much so that it was impossible to have a conversation with them or get straight answers from them in response to whatever questions I might have had. Luckily my own relatives weren't as bad about this as most other adults were back then, for the most part.

Last edited by Mona Pereth on 02 Aug 2021, 12:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:35 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
I think the fate of this country was sealed when the Supreme Court ruled corporations can be considered "individuals." There's little chance of getting money out politics, now.

When they decided corporations are people and that those people's money is speech it really did amount to rigging the game further for generations.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:44 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

When they decided corporations are people and that those people's money is speech it really did amount to rigging the game further for generations.

Exactly. As Chris Hedges has stated, we're replicating the model of past failed empires, i.e., overstretched militarily and ruled by the wealthy elite.

There may be no way back.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Mikah
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 12:45 pm

aghogday wrote:

DUDE, THE FACT IS HE HASN'T

BEEN ACCUSED OF ANY

CRIME BY

ANY

Credible SOURCE...

That's the Bottom Line...

Totally agree. But he is a creeper, look at those kids squirm. I'd be wary of leaving him alone with women and children.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:00 pm

Mr Reynholm wrote:
Not enjoying the whole Hunter Biden art gig for money laundering.

What a disgrace.
The sad thing is people, I use the term lightly, get away with this sort of corruption all the time.

Such is life.
What can you do but just suck it up? :shrug:

"Life...don't talk to me about life..." 8)

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 5:24 pm

Mikah wrote:
aghogday wrote:

DUDE, THE FACT IS HE HASN'T

BEEN ACCUSED OF ANY

CRIME BY

ANY

Credible SOURCE...

That's the Bottom Line...

Totally agree. But he is a creeper, look at those kids squirm. I'd be wary of leaving him alone with women and children.

You Could Look Up my Words; "That's Almost Precisely What i Said," When i First
Viewed His Behavior On This Site... We Observed A Deacon At A Church, one of Many We

Visit in the Area, He Was Patting a Little Girl, Helping With The Service, on Top of Her Head at

Church, telling the Head 'Holy Dude' Right in Front

of Everyone Coming Out of the Church as My

Wife Standing There Related, With Pride, He Told the

Head 'Holy Dude', "Look i'm Patting Her on the Head"...

It's Not A Criminal Offense, Yet it made my Skin (and my
Wife's too) Crawl Just to Hear it As i had Already Observed

His Touchy Feely Behavior With that
One Little Girl in the

Service of the Church...

There is An Illness Among
The Older Men in the Church
i have Witnessed Grabbing the
Body Parts Atop of Co-Working
Young Women Taking Advantage

Of Their Position At Work...
Targets of 'Their Affection'
Taking This Bad Behavior of
Dudes in Stride Before the
'me too' Days of our Current Age

i Respect the Autonomy

Of Others... No Matter

How many Days Women

Have 'Felt me up'

Yes At Work

And the

Metro Area Bars too...

Yeah Baby All the Way
From my 20's Thru my 50's...
(In School, i was More like
The Before Edition of Sheldon Cooper)

Yes it is Creepy to me too...

(No, i did not Squirm When
The Women Did it to me;
Yet i Could Surely Relate Many
Adventures With All Those Real Life Stories)

I'd Keep my Eye on Him too...
Yet, Hey, They Aren't Requiring

Any Masking or Social Distancing in the Hottest Unvaccinated
State Place of A Deadly Pandemic Variant in the United States...

Yet Again,

i Am Only

Studying the
Churches As A Participant
Anthropology Observer Now...

Most oF IT is Out of This World in Ignorance to me...

So Face Palm Forest Thick Most of The Folks Can't Even Seem to 'See'...

Gravatar is one of the coolest things ever!! !

http://en.gravatar.com/katiemiafrederick

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:24 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:

I don't believe anyone in this thread truly accused Biden of being a pedophile, just that he has ingaged in creepy, hair sniffing, child groping behaviour. It's creepy s**t!

Don't you think it's creepy?

Oscar Meyer Lansky

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 6:45 pm

Redd_Kross wrote:

Interesting link. The part that says "The posts were flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)," arouses my suspicions about that website, because it ignores the fact that Facebook's censorship is pretty bonkers at times. I've also seen some direct evidence that at least one of the fact-checkers that Facebook uses (and apparently believes without question) presents faulty reasoning. Nonetheless I see no faulty reasoning on that particular page, though I'd have liked to see more external citations for their claims, and it's hard to feel particularly swayed by their claim "we didn't find anything."

But don't take my slight skepticism as meaning I think they're wrong. To my mind Biden's defense seems a lot stronger when a bit of logic is applied - i.e., it doesn't seem very likely at all that a child molester would do his molesting in public, especially a public figure whose career is very sensitive to any evidence of sleaze, and more especially especially one flying the (slightly) left-wing flag. [The whole left-wing public ideology probably depends more on avoiding sleaze than that of the right, because it's the left whose image claims more of a moral high ground, while the right seem more tolerant of sleaze, as evidenced by them putting Donald "grab her by the p****" Trump into power, and by the "let the weak perish" right-wing attitude that hardly looks like anything we could call morals.] It's also difficult to see why, if Biden had been publicly interfering with children, there's been no sign whatsoever of the police considering an arrest. It's not as if the police particularly like him.

So all in all, though I wasn't there at the time, I don't see any good reason to entertain this story that Biden is a pedophile.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 8:20 pm

ToughDiamond wrote:
Redd_Kross wrote:

Interesting link. The part that says "The posts were flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)," arouses my suspicions about that website, because it ignores the fact that Facebook's censorship is pretty bonkers at times. I've also seen some direct evidence that at least one of the fact-checkers that Facebook uses (and apparently believes without question) presents faulty reasoning. Nonetheless I see no faulty reasoning on that particular page, though I'd have liked to see more external citations for their claims, and it's hard to feel particularly swayed by their claim "we didn't find anything."

Faulty reasoning and self-interest.
Peter Daszak springs to mind. 8)

MaxE
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 9:09 pm

Pepe wrote:
Peter Daszak springs to mind.

What does this guy have to do with Biden?