Page 1 of 32 [ 512 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 32  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,363
Location: Illinois

30 Jul 2021, 5:36 pm

It looks like President Biden is not going to lift a finger to help families, during a major global pandemic, to stay in their homes. The moratorium on evictions is due to expire on Sunday.

What a piece of s**t!


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,188

30 Jul 2021, 5:46 pm

Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,363
Location: Illinois

30 Jul 2021, 6:05 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:


Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,398
Location: I'm right here

30 Jul 2021, 6:13 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:


Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.


Trump wouldn't have done anything either though. Trump still basically operated as a neo-liberal so people just picked the less crazy neo-liberal.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,363
Location: Illinois

30 Jul 2021, 6:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:


Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.


Trump wouldn't have done anything either though. Trump still basically operated as a neo-liberal so people just picked the less crazy neo-liberal.


That will be a great comfort for families thrown out in the street.


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,188

30 Jul 2021, 6:23 pm

MALCA

Make America Less Crazy Again!



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,398
Location: I'm right here

30 Jul 2021, 6:27 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:


Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.


Trump wouldn't have done anything either though. Trump still basically operated as a neo-liberal so people just picked the less crazy neo-liberal.


That will be a great comfort for families thrown out in the street.


That's not the angle I'm approaching from and I agree it's fair criticism of Biden.

I still think the less crazy neo-liberal is preferable to the wannabe totalitarian.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,188

30 Jul 2021, 6:33 pm

I'm not suggesting I like or prefer Trump. I don't trust anyone with that much power.



funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 36
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 13,398
Location: I'm right here

30 Jul 2021, 6:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm not suggesting I like or prefer Trump. I don't trust anyone with that much power.


I don't believe either of you do. I'm just pointing out that's why Biden got a majority, because it wasn't a contest between bad and good it was a contest between bad and worse.


_________________
the problem with capitalism is that eventually you run out of other people's resources and cheap labour to exploit
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 40,188

30 Jul 2021, 6:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm not suggesting I like or prefer Trump. I don't trust anyone with that much power.


I don't believe either of you do. I'm just pointing out that's why Biden got a majority, because it wasn't a contest between bad and good it was a contest between bad and worse.


I know that too. It's just that many people worship him, like he can walk on water.



VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,363
Location: Illinois

30 Jul 2021, 6:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:


Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.


Trump wouldn't have done anything either though. Trump still basically operated as a neo-liberal so people just picked the less crazy neo-liberal.


That will be a great comfort for families thrown out in the street.


That's not the angle I'm approaching from and I agree it's fair criticism of Biden.

I still think the less crazy neo-liberal is preferable to the wannabe totalitarian.


I'd say Biden is more dangerous because nobody seems to be paying attention when a more polished politician holds power. Trump's saving grace is that he was fairly incompetent. He wasn't able to get more bad stuff done. People just freaked out about his personality, which I admit was horrible.

We got rid of a symptom of the disease, but the disease goes merrily on.


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,828
Location: Australia

30 Jul 2021, 7:14 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
It looks like President Biden is not going to lift a finger to help families, during a major global pandemic, to stay in their homes. The moratorium on evictions is due to expire on Sunday.

What a piece of s**t!


Politics is full of hypocrisy, on either side of the political divide.
The main thing I like about the Biden administration is their stance against china.
For Australia, it is better than what the orange man did. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,828
Location: Australia

30 Jul 2021, 7:16 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:


Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.


As I have said, on many occasions, the corruption of the political elite, on either side of the political divide, was responsible for Trump gaining the presidency.
Oh, Oh, Oh! And Hillary helped big time, too! 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,828
Location: Australia

30 Jul 2021, 7:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:
Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:


Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.


Trump wouldn't have done anything either though. Trump still basically operated as a neo-liberal so people just picked the less crazy neo-liberal.


That will be a great comfort for families thrown out in the street.


That's not the angle I'm approaching from and I agree it's fair criticism of Biden.

I still think the less crazy neo-liberal is preferable to the wannabe totalitarian.


Agreed. 8)


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!


VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 11 Jun 2014
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,363
Location: Illinois

30 Jul 2021, 7:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It looks like President Biden is not going to lift a finger to help families, during a major global pandemic, to stay in their homes. The moratorium on evictions is due to expire on Sunday.

What a piece of s**t!


Politics is full of hypocrisy, on either side of the political divide.
The main thing I like about the Biden administration is their stance against china.
For Australia, it is better than what the orange man did. 8)


If things keep going as they are now, there may not be a U.S. to protect you from China much longer.


_________________
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society." -- Jiddu Krisnamurti


Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Jun 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 16,828
Location: Australia

30 Jul 2021, 7:30 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
It looks like President Biden is not going to lift a finger to help families, during a major global pandemic, to stay in their homes. The moratorium on evictions is due to expire on Sunday.

What a piece of s**t!


Politics is full of hypocrisy, on either side of the political divide.
The main thing I like about the Biden administration is their stance against china.
For Australia, it is better than what the orange man did. 8)


If things keep going as they are now, there may not be a U.S. to protect you from China much longer.


Or weakened substantially to the point of not being a deterrent to china's jingoistic aggression.

This is why I would like Trump to retire from politics.
He has been a massive destabiliser, in Ameria.
Getting a more moderate Republican leader would help heal the binary political attitude, on either side.

Ameria is destroying itself, and putting the entire world at risk of a 3rd WW.

china is a totalitarian state with global domination, economically and militarily in mind.
You'd have to have your head up your arse in the sand not to see this. :mrgreen:


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine. Age-appropriate behaviour is an arbitrary NT social construct.
Don't tell me white lies. Gaslight me at your peril. Don't give me your bad attitude. Hypnosis, psychosis. Tomarto, tomayto. There are *4* lights. Honey badger.
If I'm so bad, pass me by. ;)


And one more thing,


"A stranger is a friend gang-stalker you haven't met yet." Humour is not meant to be taken seriously, yet many pervert its intent.
Truth may be inconvenient but it is never politically incorrect...The Oracle of Truth has spoken...8)


I luv KFC!