Page 52 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 60  Next

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 11:50 pm

Well inflation has gone up a lot since Biden took over, and don't people care about that more that, even if it means having Trump in, if inflation is lower as a result?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:03 am

ironpony wrote:
Well inflation has gone up a lot since Biden took over, and don't people care about that more that, even if it means having Trump in, if inflation is lower as a result?

Covid had a lot to do with inflation, now that things are getting back to normal.
We are having an inflation surge in Australia, also, and not a Trump in sight. 8)

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:08 am

Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Covid had a lot to do with inflation, now that things are getting back to normal.
We are having an inflation surge in Australia, also, and not a Trump in sight. 8)

Is there any country that is not having inflation because the leader knows how to run things better?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:20 am

ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Is there any country that is not having inflation because the leader knows how to run things better?

ronnie raygun, with his hired gun paul volcker, killed inflation but caused a ruinous 2+ year depression in the early 80s that adversely changed the direction of my life.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:22 am

Oh I'm sorry to hear that. How did it change the direction of your life, if you don't mind me asking?

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:26 am

auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:
Pepe wrote:
ironpony wrote:

ronnie raygun, with his hired gun paul volcker, killed inflation but caused a ruinous 2+ year depression in the early 80s that adversely changed the direction of my life.

Raygun was a good president, I heard.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:27 am

ironpony wrote:
Oh I'm sorry to hear that. How did it change the direction of your life, if you don't mind me asking?

I mind, if that means anything/k. :mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:32 am

ironpony wrote:

Inflation does seem to be the most important issue with voters when viewed by age, race, sex, "education" (only a limited break-down), with the only outlier being when participants were divided by political affiliation, with Democrats voters placing it as the second most important area (see question 12):
https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3846

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:34 am

Brictoria wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Inflation does seem to be the most important issue with voters when viewed by age, race, sex, "education" (only a limited break-down), with the only outlier being when participants were divided by political affiliation, with Democrats voters placing it as the second most important area (see question 12):

Oh I see. Are democrats pro-inflation since it's gone up a lot with them in power, do they prefer that, as well as higher taxes, compared to republicans?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:38 am

ironpony wrote:

i would piss all over his grave if it were possible. he killed CETA [comprehensive employment and training act] which had a slot waiting for me 'til that bastard killed it. became homeless after his engineered recession killed off all the mcjobs that kept me barely afloat 'til then. ended up in the fkkking army [the only employer left] when i got tired of living on the street, that was #1 on my life of things never to do.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:39 am

Oh I am sorry to hear that!

Is it possible for a government to bring down fast growing inflation without it causing a recession?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:41 am

ironpony wrote:

Is it possible for a government to bring down fast growing inflation without it causing a recession?

a light deft touch is mandatory, it was last accomplished here in 1994.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:46 am

auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:

i would piss all over his grave if it were possible. he killed CETA [comprehensive employment and training act] which had a slot waiting for me 'til that bastard killed it. became homeless after his engineered recession killed off all the mcjobs that kept me barely afloat 'til then. ended up in the fkkking army [the only employer left] when i got tired of living on the street, that was #1 on my life of things never to do.

No wonder you hate republicans.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 12:48 am

auntblabby wrote:
ironpony wrote:

a light deft touch is mandatory, it was last accomplished here in 1994.

Keating, a former Australian PM, told us he created "a recession we had to have". He was on the Labor political left.
I think he lost government after that.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 1:09 am

ironpony wrote:
Brictoria wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Oh I see. Are democrats pro-inflation since it's gone up a lot with them in power, do they prefer that, as well as higher taxes, compared to republicans?

According to the survey, Inflation came in second (14%) behind Abortion (18%) and marginally ahead of Election Laws (13%) with Democrat voters.

Curiously, "Black" voters see election laws as being the equal 5th most important area of concern to them (tied with Health Care) at 8% of this group believing it to be the most important thing to them - It was equal 3rd (tied with Immigration at 8%) with "White" voters, and equal 5th (tied with crime and gun violence at 6%) with "Hispanic" voters.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2022, 1:12 am

Well how come people never put governments into place where one leader does not have the power to decide themselves if there should be recession or inflation and leave it up to the people to vote on such important issues? Why give one person the power, compared to voting?