Page 30 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 60  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:03 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
That thin skinned narcissist? When had he ever responded to anything critical toward himself with a joke than with demeaning cruelty?

Well, there was that time he ran for president after Obama made fun of him at a WHC dinner, that turned out pretty funny.

He was going to run, anyhow. And prior to that, Trump had been spreading the birther manure about Obama, so those jokes were pretty well justified, if toned down.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:13 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Had a child wearing an article of clothing with Biden's name on it, Trump would have thrown a shitstorm of a fit. The fact that Biden said or did nothing about the girl's hat speaks volumes.

That his vision is going along with his mind?

No, that a mature, empathetic human being doesn't throw a shitfit at a child, but simply ignores something otherwise offensive. Again, no one can tell me Trump could have pulled off the same thing.

Trump probably could have pulled it off. :P
He probably would have made a joke about it.
BTW, His humour is often misrepresented, as is mine. 8)

That thin skinned narcissist? When had he ever responded to anything critical toward himself with a joke than with demeaning cruelty?

I have heard him, on a number of occasions, joke how the left-wing media will take his words out of context, and they bloody well do.
"It's funny because it is True", as they say. :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:17 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Well, there was that time he ran for president after Obama made fun of him at a WHC dinner, that turned out pretty funny.

He was going to run, anyhow. And prior to that, Trump had been spreading the birther manure about Obama, so those jokes were pretty well justified, if toned down.

You do realise that that sort of nonsense is part of politics, right?
A lot of it is theatre and oneupmanship. 8)

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:39 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
He was going to run, anyhow.

Maybe. I still absolutely believe that he ran as a ploy to goose his Apprentice ratings for extra leverage with NBC in his contract negotiations, and it just got away from him.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And prior to that, Trump had been spreading the birther manure about Obama, so those jokes were pretty well justified, if toned down.

Oh, I don't disagree, but Trump got the last laugh with the punchline to that particular joke.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:54 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
He was going to run, anyhow.

Maybe. I still absolutely believe that he ran as a ploy to goose his Apprentice ratings for extra leverage with NBC in his contract negotiations, and it just got away from him.

Kraichgauer wrote:
And prior to that, Trump had been spreading the birther manure about Obama, so those jokes were pretty well justified, if toned down.

Oh, I don't disagree, but Trump got the last laugh with the punchline to that particular joke.

How so? Obama got two terms, whereas Trump got only one, which ended in disgrace.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:57 am

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You do realise that that sort of nonsense is part of politics, right?
A lot of it is theatre and oneupmanship. 8)

Not like this. I don't know of anyone who inspired so much bigotry and racism among the true deplorables of America as did Trump with his birther lie. And he knew it was a lie.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 2:06 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

How so? Obama got two terms, whereas Trump got only one, which ended in disgrace.

Trump, who I don't believe entered the 2016 race with any serious intent, managed to defeat HRC, who was Obama's chosen successor. Forget about anything else, this was hilarious to anyone who followed politics, this joker outsider entered the race with everything against him, and somehow managed to prevail, that's a punchline worthy of posterity.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 3:22 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Trump, who I don't believe entered the 2016 race with any serious intent, managed to defeat HRC, who was Obama's chosen successor. Forget about anything else, this was hilarious to anyone who followed politics, this joker outsider entered the race with everything against him, and somehow managed to prevail, that's a punchline worthy of posterity.

Trump certainly was a "Dark Horse". 8)

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 5:11 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'll remind you Clinton won the popular vote. She lost only due to the archaic Electoral College.
Also poignant is that Trump lost to Obama's VP!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:26 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

I'll remind you Clinton won the popular vote. She lost only due to the archaic Electoral College.

You guys have a pretty weird system, over there. 8O

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 4:56 pm

Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No sh*t!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 5:00 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
You guys have a pretty weird system, over there.
No sh*t!
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.  Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.  You can not expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!  I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away! -- Dennis, from Monty Python & The Holy Grail

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 12:45 am

Kraichgauer wrote:

You mean the same system Hillary was counting on to save her bacon, until it didn't?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_wall_(U.S._politics)

Last edited by Dox47 on 16 Sep 2021, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:15 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

No sh*t!

Yes s**t! :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:17 am

Fnord wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Pepe wrote:
You guys have a pretty weird system, over there.
No sh*t!
Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government.  Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.  You can not expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!  I mean, if I went around saying I was an emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they’d put me away! -- Dennis, from Monty Python & The Holy Grail

Say wot? 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:19 am

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You mean the same system Hillary was counting on to save her bacon, until it didn't?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_wall_(U.S._politics)

Quote:
Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name.
8O