Page 50 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 47, 48, 49, 50, 51, 52, 53 ... 60  Next

CarlM
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 7:42 pm

I'm not disappointed in Joe Biden at all. He's doing the poor job I thought he'd do. But he is a responsible adult, a big improvement over DT.

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:01 pm

But since Biden left a lot of Americans to be killed in Afghanistan, I just feel that's worse than what Trump has done. But that's just me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:07 pm

ironpony wrote:
But since Biden left a lot of Americans to be killed in Afghanistan, I just feel that's worse than what Trump has done. But that's just me.

wait a minute if we left america s in afganistan .. why the -ell do we have even a single afgannie refugees here , over a single american ?

where ever you go ,there you are

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:13 pm

Sorry, what are you saying exactly?

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:21 pm

ironpony wrote:

figure it out for youself .... was just responding to the concept of leaving Americans behind in Afganistan . versus Afghannies perhaps i misunderstood what the above posts were addressig ?
Sorry if i mis understood .

ironpony
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 8:34 pm

Oh I was just saying I thought that it was bad of Biden to leave American citizens behind to be killed in Afghanistan.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2021, 11:28 pm

Jakki wrote:
ironpony wrote:

figure it out for youself .... was just responding to the concept of leaving Americans behind in Afganistan . versus Afghannies perhaps i misunderstood what the above posts were addressig ?

I haven't heard anything/k about American citizens left behind.
Just Afghanis who helped them.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 12:38 am

Pepe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Save the Afghani skunks,,,,,, probably a rare breed , so them should be saved too..........

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2021, 4:14 am

Jakki wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
ironpony wrote:

Save the Afghani skunks,,,,,, probably a rare breed , so them should be saved too..........

:mrgreen:

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 4:44 am

Well, it appears Mr Biden is certainly popular overseas - news reports state that following a meeting with the Duchess of Cornwall, she can't stop talking about him...
Meanwhile, rumors of similar "discussions" with the pope go unconfirmed

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 4:48 am

Pepe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
ironpony wrote:

It's not published in the news over here, but:
Quote:
Washington (CNN)The State Department informed congressional staff Thursday that it is in touch with 363 US citizens in Afghanistan, 176 of whom want to leave, two sources familiar with the call told CNN.
The figures presented on that call underscore the ongoing challenge faced by the Biden administration as Americans continue to come forward to seek help in leaving Afghanistan in the wake of the Taliban takeover and the chaotic US withdrawal.
Thursday's numbers -- combined with evacuation figures since August 31 -- present a far higher count of Americans looking to leave Afghanistan than the administration publicly estimated at the time of the US withdrawal.

The day before the US military evacuation was completed, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the State Department was tracking "a small number of Americans, under 200 and likely closer to 100, who remain in Afghanistan and want to leave."

More than 200 US citizens have been evacuated with the help of the US government since August 31, according to the State Department, meaning that upwards of 400 Americans have sought US help leaving the country in the nearly two months since the military withdrawal.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/22/politics/us-citizens-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-admin/index.html

Of course, that's just those who have been in contact with the State Department...

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 7:10 am

Brictoria wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Jakki wrote:
ironpony wrote:

It's not published in the news over here, but:
Quote:
Washington (CNN)The State Department informed congressional staff Thursday that it is in touch with 363 US citizens in Afghanistan, 176 of whom want to leave, two sources familiar with the call told CNN.
The figures presented on that call underscore the ongoing challenge faced by the Biden administration as Americans continue to come forward to seek help in leaving Afghanistan in the wake of the Taliban takeover and the chaotic US withdrawal.
Thursday's numbers -- combined with evacuation figures since August 31 -- present a far higher count of Americans looking to leave Afghanistan than the administration publicly estimated at the time of the US withdrawal.

The day before the US military evacuation was completed, Secretary of State Antony Blinken said the State Department was tracking "a small number of Americans, under 200 and likely closer to 100, who remain in Afghanistan and want to leave."

More than 200 US citizens have been evacuated with the help of the US government since August 31, according to the State Department, meaning that upwards of 400 Americans have sought US help leaving the country in the nearly two months since the military withdrawal.

Source: https://edition.cnn.com/2021/10/22/politics/us-citizens-afghanistan-withdrawal-biden-admin/index.html

Of course, that's just those who have been in contact with the State Department...

OUCH!
Bad Uncle Joe. 8O

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 10:52 pm

Quote:
CNN Poll: Majority of Americans say Biden isn't paying attention to nation's most important issues

Quote:
(CNN)One year out from the 2022 midterm elections, 58% of Americans say President Joe Biden hasn't paid enough attention to the nation's most important problems, as a majority disapproves of the way he's handling his job as President, according to a new CNN Poll conducted by SSRS.
More than a third of Americans call the economy the most pressing problem facing the country (36%). Among the group that sees it that way, 72% say Biden hasn't been attentive to the right issues. That dynamic is reversed among the smaller 20% who consider the coronavirus pandemic the nation's top problem: 79% in that subset say Biden has had the right priorities, while 21% not.
All told, 48% of adults approve of the way Biden is handling the job while 52% disapprove. Intensity within those ratings breaks sharply against the President. The share saying they strongly approve of Biden's performance has dropped to just 15%, down from 34% in April. Although CNN does not ask strength of approval in every poll, that number never dipped below 20% during the presidencies of either Barack Obama or Donald Trump.

In the new poll, 36% say they strongly disapprove of Biden's handling of the presidency, and that figure is about the same as it was when CNN last asked strength of approval in April, suggesting the drop in approval over the last few months has been driven more by disappointment among his original supporters than an expansion of the group that started off strongly opposed to his presidency.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/11/08/poli ... index.html

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Nov 2021, 11:19 pm

many amuuuricans wouldn't know a "right issue" if it bit 'em right in the donkey.

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 1:19 am

Quote:
President Joe Biden’s approval rating dipped to the lowest point of his presidency in May, a new poll shows, with deepening pessimism emerging among members of his own Democratic Party.

Only 39% of U.S. adults approve of Biden’s performance as president, according to the poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Research, dipping from already negative ratings a month earlier.

Overall, only about 2 in 10 adults say the U.S. is heading in the right direction or the economy is good, both down from about 3 in 10 a month earlier. Those drops were concentrated among Democrats, with just 33% within the president’s party saying the country is headed in the right direction, down from 49% in April.

Of particular concern for Biden ahead of the midterm elections, his approval among Democrats stands at 73%, a substantial drop since earlier in his presidency. In AP-NORC polls conducted in 2021, Biden’s approval rating among Democrats never dropped below 82%.

Source: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-biden-only-on-ap-d41bce85e1b062b588a32908b2affa65

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2022, 8:57 am

Brictoria wrote:
Quote:
President Joe Biden’s approval rating dipped to the lowest point of his presidency in May, a new poll shows, with deepening pessimism emerging among members of his own Democratic Party.

Only 39% of U.S. adults approve of Biden’s performance as president, according to the poll from The Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Research, dipping from already negative ratings a month earlier.

Overall, only about 2 in 10 adults say the U.S. is heading in the right direction or the economy is good, both down from about 3 in 10 a month earlier. Those drops were concentrated among Democrats, with just 33% within the president’s party saying the country is headed in the right direction, down from 49% in April.

Of particular concern for Biden ahead of the midterm elections, his approval among Democrats stands at 73%, a substantial drop since earlier in his presidency. In AP-NORC polls conducted in 2021, Biden’s approval rating among Democrats never dropped below 82%.

Source: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-biden-only-on-ap-d41bce85e1b062b588a32908b2affa65

Am usually feeling AP delivers news very accurately . But did notice that they did not address Biden’s tendency to send more and more money to the Country his son has major financial investments in . Hotels specifically,
He is not only sending money for military aide but general economic recovery of a technically , albeit defunct government , Without a functional county . If nothing else , it is premature . As the War is not over yet.
This is not a World War . But Biden is behaving as though it is . Biden And his cronies and Corporations putting the squeeze on the wage slaves and Country, he has dictatorial power over .
Europe does fine caring for a Europe. and NATO and the World Bank is suppose to be doing this kind of thing .
Not our country ! Being concerned for the invaded country has nothing to do with what Biden is doing . It will help his son and our corporate investments there .Making Ukraine more of a indentured servant to the US . ( The Bottom Line) imho.All this time US organizations churches and the like are sending tons of donations to Ukraine .
Meanwhile the average person in the US will suffer huge inflation and price costs . Right after a Covid epidemic .
Before this Country has had a chance to recover. Biden is responding to the actions of a madman, causing our economy to suffer , but our Richest Corporations, will be insured growth . Meanwhile Chinese economy will grow .
And all this weakens the US dollar on the world market . Putting the USA in the position of undergoing a second Great Depression. Imho . This situation will cause the people less financially secure to die . Maybe others too.For various reasons . Biden has not lived in the shoes of a average person for most of his life. I suspect.
People whom cannot make it in the World financially are apt to opt out for suicide. And obviously other reasons .
No , I have no love for Biden and his choice of actions. ( please do not misconstrue any of my writing to be non-supportive of Ukraine . )

Last edited by Jakki on 24 May 2022, 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.