Page 1 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 60  Next

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 5:36 pm

It looks like President Biden is not going to lift a finger to help families, during a major global pandemic, to stay in their homes. The moratorium on evictions is due to expire on Sunday.

What a piece of s**t!

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 5:46 pm

Hang on. I thought he was the messiah, or something like that? :wink:

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:05 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:

Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:13 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Yeah, we got rid of Trump. Now we're stuck with the same neoliberal politicians that led to Trump's rise to power.

But I guess we're supposed to be grateful. At least we don't have a president with an icky personality like the last one.

Trump wouldn't have done anything either though. Trump still basically operated as a neo-liberal so people just picked the less crazy neo-liberal.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Trump wouldn't have done anything either though. Trump still basically operated as a neo-liberal so people just picked the less crazy neo-liberal.

That will be a great comfort for families thrown out in the street.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:23 pm

MALCA

Make America Less Crazy Again!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:27 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

That's not the angle I'm approaching from and I agree it's fair criticism of Biden.

I still think the less crazy neo-liberal is preferable to the wannabe totalitarian.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:33 pm

I'm not suggesting I like or prefer Trump. I don't trust anyone with that much power.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:35 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
I'm not suggesting I like or prefer Trump. I don't trust anyone with that much power.

I don't believe either of you do. I'm just pointing out that's why Biden got a majority, because it wasn't a contest between bad and good it was a contest between bad and worse.

戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:37 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

I don't believe either of you do. I'm just pointing out that's why Biden got a majority, because it wasn't a contest between bad and good it was a contest between bad and worse.

I know that too. It's just that many people worship him, like he can walk on water.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:39 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

That's not the angle I'm approaching from and I agree it's fair criticism of Biden.

I still think the less crazy neo-liberal is preferable to the wannabe totalitarian.

I'd say Biden is more dangerous because nobody seems to be paying attention when a more polished politician holds power. Trump's saving grace is that he was fairly incompetent. He wasn't able to get more bad stuff done. People just freaked out about his personality, which I admit was horrible.

We got rid of a symptom of the disease, but the disease goes merrily on.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 7:14 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
It looks like President Biden is not going to lift a finger to help families, during a major global pandemic, to stay in their homes. The moratorium on evictions is due to expire on Sunday.

What a piece of s**t!

Politics is full of hypocrisy, on either side of the political divide.
The main thing I like about the Biden administration is their stance against china.
For Australia, it is better than what the orange man did. 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 7:16 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

As I have said, on many occasions, the corruption of the political elite, on either side of the political divide, was responsible for Trump gaining the presidency.
Oh, Oh, Oh! And Hillary helped big time, too! 8)

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 7:19 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
IsabellaLinton wrote:

Agreed. 8)

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 7:19 pm

Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

What a piece of s**t!

The main thing I like about the Biden administration is their stance against china.

If things keep going as they are now, there may not be a U.S. to protect you from China much longer.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 7:30 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Pepe wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:

What a piece of s**t!

If things keep going as they are now, there may not be a U.S. to protect you from China much longer.

Or weakened substantially to the point of not being a deterrent to china's jingoistic aggression.

This is why I would like Trump to retire from politics.
He has been a massive destabiliser, in America.
Getting a more moderate Republican leader would help heal the binary political attitude, on either side.

America is destroying itself, and putting the entire world at risk of a 3rd WW.

china is a totalitarian state with global domination, economically and militarily in mind.
You'd have to have your head up your arse in the sand not to see this. :mrgreen: