Page 34 of 60 [ 955 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 60  Next

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:04 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Hilarious!

Funny! But with Trump, no one actually had to make stuff up about him to be funny; he did it all himself.
Doctors aren't "looking" into horse dewormer to fight Covid; quacks are insisting it be used instead of legitimate Covid vaccination, purely for political reasons.

You don't have to make s**t up about any politician, they deliver the material right to your door. I mean were currently being ruled by a guy who can barely get through one decent sized paragraph without rambling off into non sequiturs.

Crazy times, man!

Trump constantly mispronounced words, and spoke in disjointed, nonsensical sentences. He was unbearably cruel, attacking one reporter's disability, and demonizing whole groups of people, which no human being with empathy could defend. Then there were his countless lies, ranging from Mexican immigrants mostly being criminals, to windmills causing cancer.
I fail to see any of that applicable to Biden.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 9:14 pm

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 10:58 pm

Dox47 wrote:

In all fairness, that's like asking to talk about what's so great about Lincoln without the context of the Civil War.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 11:24 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
In all fairness, that's like asking to talk about what's so great about Lincoln without the context of the Civil War.

So you're saying you can't name anything particularly great about Biden without the Trump comparison? I mean, my position on him is that he's a terminal mediocrity whose only selling point was not being Donald Trump, but many Democrats seem to have a hard time admitting that.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 11:26 pm

Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

So you're saying you can't name anything particularly great about Biden without the Trump comparison? I mean, my position on him is that he's a terminal mediocrity whose only selling point was not being Donald Trump, but many Democrats seem to have a hard time admitting that.

You're not taking into consideration that Biden has to clean up Trump's mess, much like Obama had to clean up Bush's.
While it might not be considered so important to those among "the haves," Biden certainly helped plenty of people with his stimulus payments, as well as his child tax credit.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2021, 11:34 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

You're not taking into consideration that Biden has to clean up Trump's mess, much like Obama had to clean up Bush's.
While it might not be considered so important to those among "the haves," Biden certainly helped plenty of people with his stimulus payments, as well as his child tax credit.

Those two positions aren't that far-apart though.

Biden acted like people would expect a generic TV president to.
Trump didn't, Trump acted like the office was a reality show.
Biden by and large does bare-minimum level achievements that only seem impressive when you consider how his opposition tends to act to oppose them and when compared to the utter disaster who preceded him.

He's not great. He's not even good. He's just a return to the regular type of not very good which seems like an enormous relief when compared to his predecessor.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 9:12 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Hilarious!

Funny! But with Trump, no one actually had to make stuff up about him to be funny; he did it all himself.
Doctors aren't "looking" into horse dewormer to fight Covid; quacks are insisting it be used instead of legitimate Covid vaccination, purely for political reasons.

You don't have to make s**t up about any politician, they deliver the material right to your door. I mean were currently being ruled by a guy who can barely get through one decent sized paragraph without rambling off into non sequiturs.

Crazy times, man!

Trump constantly mispronounced words, and spoke in disjointed, nonsensical sentences. He was unbearably cruel, attacking one reporter's disability, and demonizing whole groups of people, which no human being with empathy could defend. Then there were his countless lies, ranging from Mexican immigrants mostly being criminals, to windmills causing cancer.
I fail to see any of that applicable to Biden.

What is applicable to Biden is cognitive decline. I wasn't talking about Trump.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 9:13 am

Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How did Obama clean up Bush's mess? I see complete continuity between the two administrations.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Last edited by VegetableMan on 23 Sep 2021, 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 9:16 am

Now, we have to get those people who benefitted from federal unemployment insurance back on payrolls.

One of the main problems, these days, is finding childcare for those who seek to work, but have difficulty finding or affording childcare.

It's going to be especially hard for people who had relatively high-paid jobs previous to the Pandemic----yet now might have to resort to working for much less wages than previously.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 12:08 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump ... was unbearably cruel, attacking one reporter's disability,...

I remember that. It was misreported, as were a lot of Trump faux pas.

The incident you refer to, Trump was actually mocking himself. He put himself in the hypothetical position of having to take a vacation, and reacting as someone forced to take an unwanted vacation, because he's a superhero and doesn't take vacations or something. The worst that could be said is that he was insensitive to people who actually have the mannerisms he acted out in caricature. The reporter who had asked the question, who he was said to be mocking, did not.

I say this as someone who despises the f***er. For all the things he could legitimately be attacked for, the ones that were manufactured gave his supporters legitimate reasons to call, "fake news!"

Remember the Koi pond incident? Worst that could be said was his motor action was clumsy and un-poised. He was actually doing exactly what his Japanese companion had just done: emptying a box of food into the pond, an act the media made out to be an act of cruelty.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 12:16 pm

Biden is turning out far better than I anticipated. It's like he knows this is his final act and he wants to be remembered fondly, and he doesn't ever need the support of the superrich again.

But while he may not be held back by the agenda of the oligarchs, he has a lifetime of pleasing the oligarchs that has actually informed his world view. He's not going to fight for fair wages or even his promised public option, which was always just placating the call for a true social health system. Because as much as he wants to be liked, he doesn't actually believe in those things.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 3:10 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

How did Obama clean up Bush's mess? I see complete continuity between the two administrations.

He kept big business from destroying themselves and the country with his bail outs, not because he loves business and financial oligarchs, but for the millions of ordinary Americans who would have been left out of work and destitute.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 3:11 pm

TenMinutes wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Trump ... was unbearably cruel, attacking one reporter's disability,...

I remember that. It was misreported, as were a lot of Trump faux pas.

The incident you refer to, Trump was actually mocking himself. He put himself in the hypothetical position of having to take a vacation, and reacting as someone forced to take an unwanted vacation, because he's a superhero and doesn't take vacations or something. The worst that could be said is that he was insensitive to people who actually have the mannerisms he acted out in caricature. The reporter who had asked the question, who he was said to be mocking, did not.

I say this as someone who despises the f***er. For all the things he could legitimately be attacked for, the ones that were manufactured gave his supporters legitimate reasons to call, "fake news!"

Remember the Koi pond incident? Worst that could be said was his motor action was clumsy and un-poised. He was actually doing exactly what his Japanese companion had just done: emptying a box of food into the pond, an act the media made out to be an act of cruelty.

That isn't how I saw it. Trump was mocking that man for the way his arms were motionless. I don't see anything else.

VegetableMan
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 3:42 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

He kept big business from destroying themselves and the country with his bail outs, not because he loves business and financial oligarchs, but for the millions of ordinary Americans who would have been left out of work and destitute.

Ha! If you really believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Would you like to get into a conversation about the multiple ways Obama screwed over working people in this country, ramped up the wars, expanded the surveillance state, and rolled over for his corporate benefactors at every turn?

I wouldn't if I were you.

Oscar Meyer Lansky

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 3:53 pm

I never felt much sincerity from his part. I feel like he's just happy to be living the american dream to the max. It took him many years to be at the top, but he gets his time there. Sticking to something for years will eventually pay off and it did for him. Anyway, we can only control so much.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 7:08 pm

VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
VegetableMan wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
Dox47 wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

Ha! If you really believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

Would you like to get into a conversation about the multiple ways Obama screwed over working people in this country, ramped up the wars, expanded the surveillance state, and rolled over for his corporate benefactors at every turn?

I wouldn't if I were you.

Regardless, millions of jobs were saved. Plus he killed Bin Laden... on my birthday, no less!! !