Trump tax returns must be released by IRS to Congress

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:05 pm

Trump tax returns must be released by IRS to Congress, Justice Department says

Quote:
The income tax returns of former President Donald Trump must be released by the IRS to Congress, the Department of Justice said.

The DOJ’s Office of Legal Counsel said Congress had made a legitimate request to see Trump’s tax returns.

The decision came more than a year after the Supreme Court said Trump’s tax returns and other financial records had to be turned over by his longtime accountants to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. as part of a criminal probe.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2021, 6:53 pm

Bury the bastard. :twisted:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 11:05 am

:cheers:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 5:27 pm

Apparently, Trump did raise millions for the first half of this year,
but did not spend any of it to endorse any GOP candidate.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:15 pm

AnonymousAnonymous wrote:

Apparently, Trump did raise millions for the first half of this year,
but did not spend any of it to endorse any GOP candidate.

It does happen, at times.

A BLM leader has questions to answer over her million-dollar properties she suddenly purchased.
Oh, my! 8O

I believe the public is still waiting for answers. 8)

Brictoria
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:29 pm

Off Topic
Pepe wrote:
A BLM leader has questions to answer over her million-dollar properties she suddenly purchased.
Oh, my! 8O

She's not the only person associated with BLM in this situation:
Quote:
Shaun King has built his image on being a champion of the poor and disenfranchised, but the controversial civil rights activist lives like a one-percenter in a sprawling lakefront home, records show.

King, 41, moved earlier this year from a luxury two-bedroom apartment in downtown Brooklyn, to the five-bedroom, 3,000 square foot North Brunswick, NJ, property, with “a lakefront backyard” and gourmet kitchen, according to public records.

The property, surrounded by lush, tall trees, was purchased by King’s wife, Rai-Tonicia King, a Ph.D. candidate and educator, in November 2020 for $842,000, public records show.

King has been dogged for years by allegations of shady dealings in his charitable efforts in movements he has founded — including a lack of transparency in money he has raised for several criminal justice initiatives he has backed.

Quote:
Samaria Rice — whose 12-year-old son Tamir was shot dead by cops in Cleveland in November 2014 — blasted King on social media, accusing him of soliciting funds in her dead son’s name without her permission and even about his own identity as black or biracial.

“Personally I don’t understand how you sleep at night,” she wrote in an Instagram post addressed to King last month, after the activist revealed details of a personal conversation he had with Rice. “I never gave you permission to raise nothing.. Along with the united states, you robbed me for the death of my son.”

“You are a selfish self-centered person and God will deal with you…,” continued Rice, who heads up a foundation named for her son.

King co-founded the Real Justice political action committee in 2017 with former Black Lives Matter leader Patrisse Cullors, who resigned from BLM a month after The Post revealed she had spent more than $3 million on real estate in the US.

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/07/31/activist-shaun-king-lives-lavishly-in-lakefront-nj-home/

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2021, 9:40 pm

Brictoria wrote:
Off Topic
Pepe wrote:
Oh, my! 8O

She's not the only person associated with BLM in this situation:
Quote:
Shaun King has built his image on being a champion of the poor and disenfranchised, but the controversial civil rights activist lives like a one-percenter in a sprawling lakefront home, records show.

King, 41, moved earlier this year from a luxury two-bedroom apartment in downtown Brooklyn, to the five-bedroom, 3,000 square foot North Brunswick, NJ, property, with “a lakefront backyard” and gourmet kitchen, according to public records.

The property, surrounded by lush, tall trees, was purchased by King’s wife, Rai-Tonicia King, a Ph.D. candidate and educator, in November 2020 for $842,000, public records show.

King has been dogged for years by allegations of shady dealings in his charitable efforts in movements he has founded — including a lack of transparency in money he has raised for several criminal justice initiatives he has backed.

Quote:
Samaria Rice — whose 12-year-old son Tamir was shot dead by cops in Cleveland in November 2014 — blasted King on social media, accusing him of soliciting funds in her dead son’s name without her permission and even about his own identity as black or biracial.

“Personally I don’t understand how you sleep at night,” she wrote in an Instagram post addressed to King last month, after the activist revealed details of a personal conversation he had with Rice. “I never gave you permission to raise nothing.. Along with the united states, you robbed me for the death of my son.”

“You are a selfish self-centered person and God will deal with you…,” continued Rice, who heads up a foundation named for her son.

King co-founded the Real Justice political action committee in 2017 with former Black Lives Matter leader Patrisse Cullors, who resigned from BLM a month after The Post revealed she had spent more than $3 million on real estate in the US.

Source: https://nypost.com/2021/07/31/activist-shaun-king-lives-lavishly-in-lakefront-nj-home/

But I thought they were good selfless people? :scratch:

goldfish21
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 12:30 am

Around here $842k for a house = so what ? Must be a tear down crack shack a 1.5-2 hour drive from downtown.

Literally.

Yet somehow that’s headline news somewhere else as if it’s some astronomical out of touch with reality price.

My brother just paid $645k for a 13 year old 2 bedroom + den 1050sf condo that needs renovation work.

$842k for a house is a bargain. People should be congratulating them on their frugality and negotiation skills!!

I know, location location location.. but when the typical suburban house I live in is $1.2-1.3M, $842k for a decent place sounds pretty cheap by comparison. Nothing to get all uptight about.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2021, 3:32 am

Quote:

8)