Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

differentpage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

31 Jul 2021, 7:25 pm

Will anyone help me have a little fun with this?

I submit "The Cat from Outer Space." It had Sandy Duncan and I think Ken Berry, and a talking (by thoughts, I think) Siamese cat from, guess where, outer space.

I can think of 3 others that are probably better known. Can you post them before I do?

It might be more fun if we did one at a time and then waited for someone else to post before going again.

differentpage

01 Aug 2021, 9:26 am

Here's another one: "That Darn Cat"--two versions I know of, one from about 1960 that was interesting and funny in places, and a remake about 1990, that was just silly and slapstick, in my opinion.
The story is that a wandering cat comes upon a kidnapped woman, who puts her watch around his neck with a message scratched on it. The investigator follows the cat to see where it goes every night. The cat isn't always cooperative--although of course if he understood what they were after, he might cooperate if he felt like it at the moment.

differentpage

02 Aug 2021, 8:21 pm

One more before I give up; maybe people don't know many "cat" movies or would just rather do the counting threads.

Anyway, I was going to say Cat on a Hot Tin Roof but I'm starting to wonder if that was ever made into a movie. So I'll say "The Truth About Cats and Dogs." It's a more recent movie than the other two and involves a veterinarian with a radio call-in show. She talks to a man with a dog and they become interested in each other, but she gets a beautiful friend to actually meet him (Uma Thurman.)