Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

The_Face_of_Boo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2021, 10:50 am

Benjamin the Donkey wrote:
Any woman who straight-out says that she only dates as*holes is a woman you probably don't want to date.

This.

ct507
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Aug 2021, 3:18 pm

"Too nice" could mean just about anything. That you're too agreeable or too passive for their liking. That you're too conditioned by society, meaning they're after excitement. That there's no way you are genuinely that nice, so you must be hiding something or unaware of that side of yourself, a side worse than what bad guys have going for them. Or that you are, in fact, too nice for them because of where they're at right now mentally.

It's frustratingly diplomatic. Similar to going in for a job interview and having to describe your greatest weakness, most would say it's that they're too much of a perfectionist because...what else would an employer want to hear? Not that going on a date or to a job interview are the same, but they are treated similarly by a lot of people.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Aug 2021, 8:41 pm

Urthred wrote:
I eventually broached the subject with her and she told me I was just to nice and that she only dated as*holes...okay I thought I'm not that nice.
My girlfriend's sister said a similar thing at least 1ce. She tends to get with guys who use her for sex & sometimes money & she's been sexually assaulted at least a few times but other times some guys give her money. The nicer guys tend to be a bit older than her. My girlfriend suggested that her sis should try & find a nice guy maybe kinda like me & her sis said something about me being too nice & safe. I'd guess that she likes guys who are more exciting & dominating than me. I didn't comment much or anything about it. I've had been told I was too nice or similar things more than a few times when I was being rejected by a woman which is odd because my elementary school teachers & principles thought I was a bully & a troublemaker. One old school IEP thing mentioned they thought I had ODD(Oppositional Defiant Disorder). My mom told me on many occasions when she was majorly upset & frustrated with me that I'm selfish, demanding, lazy, manipulative, pretend to be helpless, & I only care about myself. Yet women say I'm too nice :duh: Maybe I shoulda told those women that they should talk to my mom about me & then tell me if I'm too nice or not. I'd bet I would then get accused of being too much of an aHole. I think my real problem is that I do NOT conform to any specific group or stereotype. People try to make me fit nice & neat into a little box when I'm so oddly misshapen that there is NO box I'd fit perfectly in. People do not know what to make of me & it throws them for a giant loop. Two different people could describe me in opposite ways. Maybe I have multiple personality disorder :lol:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

11 Aug 2021, 9:15 am

nick007 wrote:
Urthred wrote:
I eventually broached the subject with her and she told me I was just to nice and that she only dated as*holes...okay I thought I'm not that nice.
My girlfriend's sister said a similar thing at least 1ce. She tends to get with guys who use her for sex & sometimes money & she's been sexually assaulted at least a few times but other times some guys give her money. The nicer guys tend to be a bit older than her. My girlfriend suggested that her sis should try & find a nice guy maybe kinda like me & her sis said something about me being too nice & safe. I'd guess that she likes guys who are more exciting & dominating than me. I didn't comment much or anything about it. I've had been told I was too nice or similar things more than a few times when I was being rejected by a woman which is odd because my elementary school teachers & principles thought I was a bully & a troublemaker. One old school IEP thing mentioned they thought I had ODD(Oppositional Defiant Disorder). My mom told me on many occasions when she was majorly upset & frustrated with me that I'm selfish, demanding, lazy, manipulative, pretend to be helpless, & I only care about myself. Yet women say I'm too nice :duh: Maybe I shoulda told those women that they should talk to my mom about me & then tell me if I'm too nice or not. I'd bet I would then get accused of being too much of an aHole. I think my real problem is that I do NOT conform to any specific group or stereotype. People try to make me fit nice & neat into a little box when I'm so oddly misshapen that there is NO box I'd fit perfectly in. People do not know what to make of me & it throws them for a giant loop. Two different people could describe me in opposite ways. Maybe I have multiple personality disorder :lol:

Lol, someone would say "you're too nice" then youd be like "Dont ask my mom about it ;D" or "Thats what my mother always says (whisper: dont ask her about it)"

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.