Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 10:25 pm

I know I should get it, but I’m scared it might do more harm than good. I’m worried about my cerebral palsy & psoriasis. I wonder will it be ok for Aspergers people? What if I lose feelings in my legs or my arm, it happened before.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2021, 11:07 pm

Have you heard of any issues with it causing problems for people with cerebral palsy or psoriasis?
I have autism, I got it, it didn't do anything do me. :nerdy:

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 1:53 pm

Kitty4670 wrote:
I know I should get it, but I’m scared it might do more harm than good. I’m worried about my cerebral palsy & psoriasis. I wonder will it be ok for Aspergers people? What if I lose feelings in my legs or my arm, it happened before.

Speak to your doctor if you're concerned. Having Asperger's/autism won't make any difference so you don't need to worry about that, but if you're worrying about your cerebral palsy and psoriasis then tell a doctor your concerns.
It took me months to actually go and book a vaccination, and I finally had my first jab last week. I didn't have any side effects at all, just a sore upper arm for a couple of days.
I was reluctant to get vaccinated because I was too hung up on all the lies, rumours and conspiracy theories against the vaccines. But the elderly were the first to have their vaccines about 6-8 months ago and they're still alive and well today, so I think that if the vaccines had any adverse long-term effects than all the elderly and the vulnerable would probably start noticing it by now.
When I had my vaccine the staff there were very reassuring and helpful. I don't know what they'll be like where you are but hopefully they'll be the same, and if you look nervous and tell them that you're nervous, they'll most likely make a fuss of you and run a quick check of what medications you are on, then reassure you until you not feel scared any more. That's exactly what they did to me. I had the Pfister vaccine and I was fine. Trust me, do NOT read anything on the internet about the vaccines unless it's from a news source that you know is reliable.

Please, have the vaccine.

TiredMom
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Sep 2021, 3:21 pm

Don't know about cerebral palsy, but my daughter with lupus (life-threatening auto-immune disease) had the vaccine. She had to go through a special screening first, though.

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:09 pm

Hey kitty - a male friend with cp has been vaccinated without any complications. He’s doing well. He was relieved to finally have it and was very vocal about being pro the covid shot, supporting and encouraging others. He’s been through alot health-wise in his life, is about 30 yrs old. Hope you come to a decision sooner rather than later, and feel peace of mind. I couldn’t wait to have both shots(I had Astra Zeneca) though was begged not to have them by my sister(we share the same risks our Mother passed on. Our Mother died in her 30s.) Even my sister has now decided the risk from covid far outweighs the risk from the shot. She’s having her first shot in November in Australia. Hope you stay safe there.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:22 pm

I preferred to get the vaccine and put up with some flu-like symptoms for a day or so than to have died with a cold, metallic machine pumping oxygen into my lungs through a tube stuck down my throat, and no one around to even hold my hand and tell me "It's gonna be okay".  That would have been a horrible way to die.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.