Anyone want to propose what this is?

Who says nothing happens in Canada?

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 5:20 pm

Planet Autistica coming to take us home :D

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 5:37 pm

The end is nigh!
Repent!

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 7:24 pm

Actually the newsreaders seem to think it's a trick of the light but I don't think so.

I've spent many hours staring through the transparent perspex/material that makes up the window on commercial aeroplanes. The light reflects through the material and I know I can see things if my eye has a speck that can be magnified.

But this doesn't work with a camera because the person taking the image saw the odd shape shifting object first with their eyes before deciding to take a video of it. Its not possible the camera lense and the eye are making the exact same mistake if it is only some trick of the light.

In my view it has to be an object/hologram.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 9:11 pm

could be a reflection of something in the plane cabin on the window surface.

If its an actual thing out there in the sky then the thing is keeping abreast of the airline...following alongside it, at the airlines cruising speed of just under 600 mph.

Or not.

A far away object can appear to follow along with you, the way the sun and moon appear to follow you.

It looks a little like something imploding. Like a balloon loosing helium and getting squashed by the outside airpressure.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 9:49 pm

naturalplastic wrote:
could be a reflection of something in the plane cabin on the window surface.

I don't think so. For something in the plane cabin to be reflected onto the window there would have to be darkness. Instead there the cabin is lit and there is bright sunshine outside. The contrast of the object against the background is a give-away.

The light is reflecting from an object outside of the plane which makes sense its acting like a prism which changes shape to the eye as the angle of the sun changes in accordance to the plane.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 10:07 pm

Looks like some kind of high-altitude explosion of space debris. I remember someone posted something a few years back that (at night at least) looked like a big blue-green amoeba spreading across part of the sky and it seemed to be something similar happening.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 10:16 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
Looks like some kind of high-altitude explosion of space debris. I remember someone posted something a few years back that (at night at least) looked like a big blue-green amoeba spreading across part of the sky and it seemed to be something similar happening.

This makes more sense, so an ameoba thats been caught outside of the window changing shape. But how is it magnified? shouldn't it just be a speck on the glass?

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2021, 10:28 pm

Something else along these lines, although it's a heck of a tight spiral for a 'failed missile' to keep.

Also night-time launch of SpaceX Falcon 9, some similar stuff happening:

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 1:35 am

Yeah at one point the shape changed to what looked like a rocket (the newsreader called it a neck-tie).

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 1:55 am

Nope definitely not a rocket

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 7:55 am

I think I just find this sort of thing interesting because stuff that looks unusual like this tells you things about nature or about how objects can enter or depart the atmosphere where you see things you wouldn't have expected (heck - a rocket spiraling in such a reliable formation that it carves a straight line while it spins).

It's just fun stuff to nerd out on, and when and if we do actually have some physical manifestation of something as unusual as a flying craft (not of human origin) it'll be that much more clear what we're dealing with when we've triaged off anything that's just strange and interesting but not that particular sort of thing.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 1:46 pm

Sure. Its a puzzle to work out. Nothing wrong with that.

The only thing it resembles is a clear plastic bag with angry bees inside trying to escape.

Not that that is what it is, but it looks like small hard objects are inside it trying to punch their way out of it and go skyward. Forming little projecting horns, and finally causing the whole thing to stretch out in an up and down straight column (in the film in the stages after your last still pic).

Dont know anything that acts that way. But I dont see why an alien spacecraft would act that way either.

Its...a mystery.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 2:05 pm

It is a partially-deflated weather balloon that has lost its payload, with just enough helium inside to keep it floating, and yet not enough to keep its fully-inflated shape.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

cyberdad
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:38 pm

Fnord wrote:
It is a partially-deflated weather balloon that has lost its payload, with just enough helium inside to keep it floating, and yet not enough to keep its fully-inflated shape.

Ok the problem with the deflated weather balloon theory is the object was keeping up with the plane at 600km/hr moving in the same trajectory. A deflated weather ballon can't do that.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2021, 4:43 pm

cyberdad wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Ok the problem with the deflated weather balloon theory is the object was keeping up with the plane at 600km/hr moving in the same trajectory. A deflated weather balloon can't do that.
IF what you say is true (e.g., 600 kph), then the best that can be said places emphasis on the word "Unidentified".

Of course, for some people, "Unidentified" means "Clearly an alien spacecraft piloted by lizard people frim Sirius B".

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.